Happenings

I saw that on your fb status when I got home...and thought, "darnit...we should have met up over Vitamin Water at the World of Coke or something!" :lol:

Do you know how many extra crunches I would have to do in order to burn off the calories from Vitamin Water? :lol:

(reference to the television commercial for a competitor's product)

Follow the link in my signature to learn more about the great GSO performances in store for us tomorrow and Sunday at the Peace Center. I encourage everyone to be in attendance for this monumental moment in our history! You won't regret it, I assure you of that! :shades:

GvilleSC, I meant to mention this last week but the Greenville County Library has a really cool architecture display right now in the common areas of the main library at Heritage Green. They have over a hundred pictures of city/urban architecture from all over. In fact, I think they might be ranked somehow. They also have a small section of Greenville and Upstate architecture photos.

I noticed this display last week, and made a mental note to mention it to you. The display runs through May 15.

GvilleSC, I meant to mention this last week but the Greenville County Library has a really cool architecture display right now in the common areas of the main library at Heritage Green. They have over a hundred pictures of city/urban architecture from all over. In fact, I think they might be ranked somehow. They also have a small section of Greenville and Upstate architecture photos.

I noticed this display last week, and made a mental note to mention it to you. The display runs through May 15.

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the heads-up!

I've only been to Downtown Alive a handful of times. May 1st's crowd looks to have been HUGE! The Greenville News' photos here give a glimpse of the atmosphere.

Here's an overall shot of the crowd from Greenvilleonline.com: Downtown Alive!

I had no idea crowds this large were being drawn! :shades:

I've been a couple of times this season, and I think the crowds are larger this year than in years past. In fact, I'm not sure that the Piazza Bergamo could have contained the number of people that the event is getting this year!

If you haven't seen this notice yet, Christ Church Episcopal is hosting free tours of their sanctuary and cemetery this Saturday at 11, 12, and 1. I'll be there if noone shows up at my walking tours downtown! You can call 271-8773 ext. 133 for more info.

I approached them about a year ago about doing tours of their cemetery and they said "no" since it was for-profit. I'm looking very forward to hearing what they say and how they present it. Some of Greenville's greatest past leaders are buried there.

Just got a notice from the CVB about their annual meeting on June 3rd. Victoria Dahl from RhodesDahl will be giving a presentation about "The Blue Wall Centre--an outdoor adventure center that will provide an out-of-the-ordinary mountain experience in SC's Blue Wall" and the "GO Experience--a downtown venue that will introduce Citizens and Visitors to unique attraction sites of the Upstate."

Sounds like a cool topic. I'm sure this has to do with those plans they unveiled last year that are now coming to fruition. There are drawings of the concepts on the announcement that are like the ones in their announcements last year.

I'm very curious as to WHERE the "GO Experience" will be located! Maybe in that new development at the old Woolworth's site? :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I can't express how happy I am to have this back in Greenville County! It turns this great event into less of an ordeal and more into a casual day of entertainment for SO many people. Not only for those in Greenville, but also for Spartanburg residents. I'll be attending again this year! :thumbsup:

We has 96 riders this morning. The route ran through downtown Fountain Inn, and then out to the Greenpond area and beyond. There were a few big hills that had me a little winded, but it really wasn't that difficult. I completed the course in a little more than two hours. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Avett Brothers will be at The Peace Center on November 1st. They're easily my favorite band, and as much as I'd like to name their genre, I can't! I'd say they're roots started with bluegrass/americana, but they've incorporated more of a rock/punk feel and many people call it punkgrass. Works for me! Anyways, if you've never heard them you should definitely check out their Myspace and Website, along with youtube for countless videos from shows. Tickets are on sale now and they'll probably go pretty quickly, the band is from just up the road in Concord, NC and they're fanbase has grown a lot.

• 2 weeks later...