Happenings

This year's Poinsettia Christmas Parade in Greenville will be December 6th, at 6pm. This year's parade has been extended to include the West End on its route. It will start at South Main and River Streets, and finish at North Main and North Street.

I'll be in the parade, representing Bikeville.org, the city of Greenville's Bicycle Friendly Community initiative. We have a float with a Christmas tree made of various-sized bike rims, towed by a bicycle. Two other small trailers will also be pulled by bikes. We hope to have an assortment of unusual bikes. :)

Edited by Galley

I'll be in the parade, representing Bikeville.org, the city of Greenville's Bicycle Friendly Community initiative. We have a float with a Christmas tree made of various-sized bike rims, towed by a bicycle. Two other small trailers will also be pulled by bikes. We hope to have an assortment of unusual bikes. :)

I may catch you in photos. Going to try my hand at nightime photography for the parade.

• 4 weeks later...

On June 12-14, Greenville will host the U.S. Youth Soccer President's Cup Regionals, which will bring lots of teams (and likely fans) from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. This is part of the largest youth sports organization in the nation. :)

Edited by Skyliner

South Carolina's largest auto show is coming up next weekend at the Carolina First Center. The 2009 South Carolina International Auto Show will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Jan. 16 -18). The show is sponsored by Motor Trend magazine.

Info:

http://www.autoshowusa.com/greenville/generalinfo.jsp

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20.../901110307/1003

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to the City of Greenville Jazz and Blues Festival. The event will take place on April 18 & 19, 2009, at the Peace Center Amphitheatre and around Falls Park.

More information provided by Greenville CVB:

This festival will feature a wide variety of musical entertainment including local and international musicians, a kick-off parade, blues bistro and interactive children's area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^That will be great!

Anyone who is opposed to the federal government spending more than a trillion dollars worth of hard-earned American income on so-called "bailouts" may be interested in the protest happening on Main Street this Friday at 6:00pm.

More information

Cool link. Thanks Skyliner!

As a country, we certainly do not get out of debt by jumping into deeper debt.

Don't you know that our government is always right? They know that our country has a track record of amazing achievements. After all, we invented the automobile!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

^That will be great!

Anyone who is opposed to the federal government spending more than a trillion dollars worth of hard-earned American income on so-called "bailouts" may be interested in the protest happening on Main Street this Friday at 6:00pm.

More information

I just got back into town, but I'm guessing this is still on? Hope the weather hasn't canceled it. Going to try to make it.

• 1 month later...

Moonlight Movies is back beginning May 6th! See the Ad posted on Facebook.

Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Movie: E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial (1982 - Drew Barrymore)

Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Movie: Sabrina (1954 - Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart)

Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Movie: A Fistful of Dollars (1967 - Clint Eastwood)

Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Movie: Breaking Away (1979 - Dennis Quaid, Daniel Stern)

I, for one, am thankful for free entertainment such as this throughout the spring and summer months. Way to go, City of Greenville!

... I, for one, am thankful for free entertainment such as this throughout the spring and summer months. Way to go, City of Greenville!
Thanks for posting this information, RT! I am also very thankful for such great free entertainment in our beloved little city. It probably means more to you right now than ever. I have been closely monitoring my own employment situation for several months, while praying that these free events will not be cut along with many of the other good and affordable things in life.

That's great to see the success of this Market causing expansion. I also like the fact that they are expanding north.

Do you all think there will ever come a time (well, in the more near future) that Greenville will need, or want a permanent market space downtown? If so, where? Open everyday, or what?

I think we might would need a bit more of an increase in downtown residents and office workers to keep things going well, but I think it could be a good addition... I'm imagining markets similar to those that I experienced in both Barcelona and London. Rhett Street could be a good place (though, perhaps too isolated in the West End, unless better downtown transportation was in place), or somewhere on McBee to catch shoppers coming and going from the Publix... :dontknow:

That's great to see the success of this Market causing expansion. I also like the fact that they are expanding north.

Do you all think there will ever come a time (well, in the more near future) that Greenville will need, or want a permanent market space downtown? If so, where? Open everyday, or what?

If the crowd at yesterday's market is any indication, a permanent market, open daily, would definitely be a success. The market was fantastic yesterday. Great buzz....extremely busy.