Happenings

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All great Movies! wish I was moving there sooner Thanks for the info gsupstate

Welcome to Urban Planet. :thumbsup:

Moonlight Movies is definitely an event I look forward to every year (as do many Greenvillians). Hopefully you can make it to one or two. When do you move?

I plan on moving to the area after the building season slows down here in Mass and after I secure employment....say Oct-Dec, and the wife will join me when she graduates in Sept of 2011.

We loved the music fest on Main st too, my wife and I were there for the second one of the season. Everyone we met was very very nice, as someone who has been stuck in Mass for too long I had forgotten how nice people can be lol

I was stationed in Georgia for a while and miss the weather and friendly folks.

It certainly seems like SC and Greenville are for us.

rolleyes.gif

I plan on moving to the area after the building season slows down here in Mass and after I secure employment....say Oct-Dec, and the wife will join me when she graduates in Sept of 2011.

We loved the music fest on Main st too, my wife and I were there for the second one of the season. Everyone we met was very very nice, as someone who has been stuck in Mass for too long I had forgotten how nice people can be lol

I was stationed in Georgia for a while and miss the weather and friendly folks.

It certainly seems like SC and Greenville are for us.

rolleyes.gif

Well, Welcome! Good luck with all of your searching and moving when that times comes. I look forward to more input from you in the future! :thumbsup:

Hands on Greenville Day - May 1, 2010

Location: All over Greenville County and portions of Spartanburg and Pickens Counties.

More information is available from the official organization website (facebook {sodEmoji.|} Twitter) and United Way of Greenville County.

This is a great opportunity for everyone who loves talking about Greenville to get off our well-used duffs and DO something to help make a positive difference in and around this community.

• 1 month later...

A new art festival will be taking place in Greenville this fall. It's a juried art market called Indie Craft Parade, and it's designed to showcase local handmade goods.

Artists can apply from now until June 18. Please tell every artist you know about this!

More details are at www.indiecraftparade.com.

(@craftparade on Twitter)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Independent film series being shown at the Peace Center. Schedule here: http://www.peacecenter.org/downtownfilms/

Tickets are $9

From the site:

Experience the art of film in high definition.

See the hottest independent films, acclaimed foreign features, and beloved cinema classics…all right here in downtown Greenville. The Peace Center presents films you can’t see anywhere else, in HD and with digital surround sound. And enjoy beer and wine in the comfort of the Gunter Theatre.

Independent film series being shown at the Peace Center. Schedule here: http://www.peacecent.../downtownfilms/

Tickets are $9

From the site:

Experience the art of film in high definition.

See the hottest independent films, acclaimed foreign features, and beloved cinema classics…all right here in downtown Greenville. The Peace Center presents films you can’t see anywhere else, in HD and with digital surround sound. And enjoy beer and wine in the comfort of the Gunter Theatre.

That's exciting! Gonna have to see something there when I'm in town.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The Greenville International Film Festival is set for April 25-28, organizers announced today.

Miguel Berg, a filmmaker from Fair Play who is the festival’s executive director, said 185 films from 32 countries have been submitted for showing. That will be whittled down to 20-25 hours of film shown over three days during the festival.

Organizers are considering two event spaces downtown — Zen Greenville near Fluor Field and Huguenot Mill Loft at the Peace Center — as possible sites for film showings. Workshops in acting and directing will be held at Centre Stage theater.

Berg said the festival will include categories for green, Latino, spiritual and Native American films.

More info: http://www.gviff.com/