The West End

gs3

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Going off the new survey stakes and spray paint markings you would think so. :dontknow: 

The current owner is coming up on 5 years of ownership. My memory is a little fuzzy but I seem to remember that they had it under lease for 5-6 years (IIRC).  I believe it was under lease to Markley Station. It was on the market a few years back for a pretty big price, and I remember thinking no one would buy it since it still had several years left on the lease.   Parking revenue would not come close to supporting the debt required to buy it. 

However, the principal of the Kimpton also said they were in discussions with an nearby property to obtain more parking  for their project. I got the impression it might just be a lease, though.       

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

This property sold on 7/1/21 for $2.5 mm. 1.148 acres.  Buyer is Pendleton Ozb LLC. Apparently they are in Charlotte NC.  

I bet it’s gonna have a big tower crane. :D 30 stories tall and new corporate headquarters for Synnex is what I predict. I can’t wait to see the look on the NIMBY’s faces that live in that area. 

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

This property sold on 7/1/21 for $2.5 mm. 1.148 acres.  Buyer is Pendleton Ozb LLC. Apparently they are in Charlotte NC.  

The Charlotte address is where the LLC is incorporated, it was created just a couple months ago and is "run" by a real estate law firm there that also has LLC's for many other developments. Who knows who "they" actually are.. unless you know more ;)

12 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

The Charlotte address is where the LLC is incorporated, it was created just a couple months ago and is "run" by a real estate law firm there that also has LLC's for many other developments. Who knows who "they" actually are.. unless you know more ;)

:ph34r: https://www.beauxwright.com

On 7/9/2021 at 3:16 PM, gman430 said:

Going off the new survey stakes and spray paint markings you would think so. :dontknow: 

I drove by and only saw one stake and a marking by it. So, very doubtful that it is a survey. Probably has to do with the Kimpton tapping a water or sewer line. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GVLer said:

This morning it appeared surveyors were setting up on the parcel at the corner of Rhett and Wardlaw across from the McLaren. Is there redevelopment of that site pending?

Hotel by Auro Hotels I believe. They own that site. 

Edited by gman430

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, GVLer said:

Does anyone know if the music venue that was to be built behind the Cigar Warehouse is alive or dead.....or paused for Covid?

The Cigar Warehouse lost its lease.  It seems there was a clause in the contract related to this new event space.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/high-spirits-hospitality-to-relocate-old-cigar-warehouse-to-close/

High Spirits Hospitality announced Sept. 24 it will no longer operate the Old Cigar Warehouse event venue at 912 S. Main St. in Greenville after April 3, 2022.

The company’s lease was terminated early by the building’s owner, who is planning to pursue new development opportunities, said High Spirits Hospitality in a press release.

Edited by SVL
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 5:47 AM, gman said:

This one really surprises me.

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Survey stakes now up in the field next to the Cigar Warehouse. 

For what?

5 hours ago, CRG said:

Could be part of the new brewery? Not sure if they are going to expand past the old warehouse: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/greenville/2021/10/11/new-realm-brewing-opening-old-cigar-warehouse-greenville-sc/6095285001/

I thought that space was being used as part of the music venue that was supposed to go directly behind the lot? 

32 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

New Realm Brewing

Menu is included but page 38 has site plan.   The vacant lot will be used as  'outdoor entertainment' 

This looks like a pretty nice improvement for the outdoor space. I think this will help build pedestrian traffic and serve as a draw for the deeper West End area. I still wish they were operating a unique brewery, but this seems like a nice addition to downtown. Has anyone had their beer?