Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Burt, click on my controls then scroll down to where it says board settings. Under your time settings you probably have "auto correct for DST" checked. Uncheck that box and check the box directly below that says "Is daylight savings time in effect?" (exactly as you see in the image I have posted below). Once you do that click on "update my settings" and the correct time will be displayed.

dstcorrection.jpg

Burt, click on my controls then scroll down to where it says board settings. Under your time settings you probably have "auto correct for DST" checked. Uncheck that box and check the box directly below that says "Is daylight savings time in effect?" (exactly as you see in the image I have posted below). Once you do that click on "update my settings" and the correct time will be displayed.

dstcorrection.jpg

I did what you said except I couldn't find "update my settings".

It is now 11:17AM. Let's see what it reads when I post this.

Nope. I'm hopeless when it comes to mechanical things. If you note above, Eric, it's still on standard time.

Edited by burt

Attn: Tommy. You keep abreast of such things. Note that I have passed the 5000 mark in number of postings. I'm a city! :)

Note also that I am unable, despite Eric's help, to adjust my clock to DSTime. As I post this it is actually 11:27AM.

Haha, I had actually noted that a while ago, made the ole' mental note and forgot to post! Congrats, Burt :D

Also something that snuck by...Happy Late Birthday, Cam!! :yahoo:

Here's an interesting side note about postings and viewings on The Richmond urbanplanet forum;

#1. Richmond Development thread has had 59,205 viewings and 1925 replies.

#2. Richmond Off-topic thread has had 48,441 viewings and 2681 replies.

#3. Richmond Dining Out thread has had 45,041 viewings and 1665 replies.

#4. Richmond International Airport thread has had 23,576 viewings and 683 replies.

#5. Retail in Richmond thread has had 23,485 viewings and 686 replies.

That's the top five.

It should also be noted that TBurban's thread Southern Photos of the Day in the USA South section, has been viewed by 36,581 people and has garnered 1645 replies.

Edited by burt

I did what you said except I couldn't find "update my settings".

It is now 11:17AM. Let's see what it reads when I post this.

Nope. I'm hopeless when it comes to mechanical things. If you note above, Eric, it's still on standard time.

Sorry Burt, my mistake. The button you are supposed to click after following the instructions I gave you is "change my account options" which is located at the very bottom. Look at the bottom of the image below and you'll see the button i'm referring to.

When you post Burt your time appears correct to me so it is definately an option in your personal display settings. If all else fails get Neo and he can probably go in and change it for you.

post-769-1173718366_thumb.jpg

Don't cry! :) . It WAS you who came to my aid.

Yeah, it definitely was not me (he he he) because the times on my screen are all "jacked up". I don't know what time people post. To make things more complicated, I'm in the Mountain Time Zone, so I wish I could have helped you Burt, but I'm glad that you, at least, thought it was me. Thank you Vdogg for really helping out Burt. :)

Edited by eandslee

Thanks Tommy and Burt. I really can't get my sleep schedule back to take pics in the day before work like I had wanted. Maybe I'll work on that... oh and I have finally installed my huge hard drive on the computer that's planned to be my archival storage center... I guess I'll be reorganizing my pics. then off to reoganizing my accounts. YAY!

I feel so out of the loop guys... did I miss anything? We don't even get the paper anymore. Since we've been here, someone started stealing our newspaper :(

By the way, weren't the buildings that burned last week an old Miller & Rhoads Dept store? If I recall when I took a class with Mr. Zehmer, I think he mentioned that it was their "suburban" store. Anyone have a copy of Downtown?

By the way, weren't the buildings that burned last week an old Miller & Rhoads Dept store? If I recall when I took a class with Mr. Zehmer, I think he mentioned that it was their "suburban" store. Anyone have a copy of Downtown?

You are correct. I have a copy of the book and it was their suburban store.

I miss *sings* my WAWA.

I would always get a quick fix there after class while I was a WM. Is the food still good? Prices cheap? Gas cheap?

That Diet Green Tea was scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, if I try to fly back with some containswer of Green Tea are the airlines gonna through it away?

No way, I have never heard of them. Thanks for the tip. I definitely have to stop by there when I come up in April.

Another odd topic/question. Do the Krogers in Richmond have gas stations? What stores/marts are most competitive when it comes to gas?

SHEETZ is what we say when we're exasperated, and WAWA is what we cry when we're thirsty.

Seriously, isn't Sheetz the most competitive gas station/convenience store in this area?

I believe there were also a Woodward & Lothrop and a Saks in that "suburban" area -- both short-lived. But I may be making this up. :blush:

Actually Burt, We were told that the original "Woodward and Lothrop", Woodies was in the retail side of our building as well as later a funiture showroom.

The layout of the " Cornerstone " building on the retail side certainly lends itself well to a department store of some type. Currently is is sectioned off for seperate offices.

:dontknow: