Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

The following is Flag Lake at Barksdale AFB:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1459/5643...5/162111425.jpg

Historic Downtown Natchitoches late 2005:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1459/5643...5/162111422.jpg

Awesome photos, baffroom! :)

I've been on base many times, but the only lake I've been to on the base is Harmon Lake and it was nowhere as pretty as Flag Lake. There are what... 4 lakes on the base? I believe Flag Lake feeds off the bayou that I grew up playing around.

Wow! Awesome shot! Ive yet to do a panorama since I bought my tripod months ago :blush:

Thanks Tommy! :D I actually took that shot while moving 70mph down I-10. I haven't gotten a chance to get out and shoot a skyline panorama using my tripod either, but I'm hoping to do it soon.

Yeah Nate, I have probably mentioned this before. That's a great panorama and that pic does as much justice for the New Orleans skyline as any other that I have seen. And more high-rises on the way !!!

Thanks Richy! And you bet, more on the way! That shot will look even better with added height and density in a few years. :thumbsup:

Sheraton and Marriott taken on July 2, 2006. One of the few day's we actually received rain in S. Louisiana this summer.

79258549-M.jpg

Great photo, bryde! :thumbsup: New Orleans' two tallest hotels side by side. And I'm pretty sure that was taken from the Canal Place parking garage, but I could be wrong.

Why are you in New Orleans? Just a leisure trip?

Great photo, bryde! :thumbsup: New Orleans' two tallest hotels side by side. And I'm pretty sure that was taken from the Canal Place parking garage, but I could be wrong.

Why are you in New Orleans? Just a leisure trip?

Yep, I was on the 7th level of the Canal Place Parking Garage. I took the family down to the Aquarium.

Yep, I was on the 7th level of the Canal Place Parking Garage. I took the family down to the Aquarium.

Boy, does Nate know his city or what!? :)

Great photo, byrde... I bet it's cool living within an hour or two of New Orleans. For me it has to be at least a whole weekend to be able to enjoy the Big Easy.

Great photo, byrde... I bet it's cool living within an hour or two of New Orleans. For me it has to be at least a whole weekend to be able to enjoy the Big Easy.

Yeah it's pretty cool only being an hour away. Never have to get a hotel room.

A couple more.

79258562-M.jpg

79258561-M.jpg

Ah, I just knew that because I'm very familiar with that view. I park in the Canal Place garage when I'm downtown, so that's another one of my hangouts for pictures.

And keep the great photos coming, bryde!

BTW, what did you and your family think about the aquarium?

We always enjoy the aquarium. I've been umpteen times, but I have young kids so for them, it's always something knew as they get older.

That's great to hear. I've enjoyed the Aquarium since it opened, and it was going back when it reopened a few weeks ago.

Can someone please tell me what this is:

question.jpg

Edit: Well that didn't work out how I wanted. What I would like to know is, what is that house looking thing on top of the second building from the right in that picture?

Edited by breaux

Can someone please tell me what this is:

question.jpg

Edit: Well that didn't work out how I wanted. What I would like to know is, what is that house looking thing on top of the second building from the right in that picture?

Hey, that's hilarious that you wondered that!! I remember seeing that in person and pointing out to my wife that it looked like a house sitting on top of a taller building!!! :rofl: