Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

And that's post-Katrina!?!? :shok: Looking gooooood!

Well that was before the French Quarter Fest, but, the Quarter is starting to become very busy during the day again, bustling with locals, residents, and tourists alike. :D

^ Awesome urban shot Nate. That's definitely worthy for the Southern Photo of the Day. I can't find anything that urban in my city. Then again most cities don't have that.

^ Great photos yall of the rose and flower.

^ Nice shot Brian. I really like that old classic building on post # 888.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks yall ! Ilike that street design too with the old oak trees on the side.

Besides the LSU Museum of Art, the Shaw Center for the Arts also has the Manship Theatre(great acoustics,hard to believe in BR); Brunner Gallery; LSU student Art Gallery and classrooms; Labratory for Creative Atrs & Technologies(in renovated Auto Hotel); 3 restaurants, PJ's Cofee House and Wine Bar, Capital City Grill; and on the rooftop Tsunami Sushi Bar. Outside there is a deck with grat view of the river. It was the "spot" for nightlife with DJ's and everything. But a few idiots can't handle their alcohol have stopped that. There has been much contoversy. I'm not sure about the status of the rooftop deck as of now ?

Here is a cool map/diagram that's breaks it down nicely.

http://www.shawcenter.org/content.php?display=map

^Nice pic Nate. It looks cleaner around there, that's nice to see. Good to see the activity going on there too.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks yall ! Ilike that street design too with the old oak trees on the side.

Besides the LSU Museum of Art, the Shaw Center for the Arts also has the Manship Theatre(great acoustics,hard to believe in BR); Brunner Gallery; LSU student Art Gallery and classrooms; Labratory for Creative Atrs & Technologies(in renovated Auto Hotel); 3 restaurants, PJ's Cofee House and Wine Bar, Capital City Grill; and on the rooftop Tsunami Sushi Bar. Outside there is a deck with grat view of the river. It was the "spot" for nightlife with DJ's and everything. But a few idiots can't handle their alcohol have stopped that. There has been much contoversy. I'm not sure about the status of the rooftop deck as of now ?

Here is a cool map/diagram that's breaks it down nicely.

http://www.shawcenter.org/content.php?display=map

^Nice pic Nate. It looks cleaner around there, that's nice to see. Good to see the activity going on there too.

Wow, that sounds like an active place!

Yes it is an active place. Shaw Center for the Arts has helped spur other developments as well. And the renovated Capitol House hotel set to open in Sept. will also compliment it nicely.

Oh, okay! I know you've mentioned the Capitol House Hotel many times but I guess I didn't realize it was right there in the same area. Great!

I've seen you post this one before, but it's a great photo and worth seeing again. No doubt about that. I love New Orleans!

EDIT: or was that just a similar photo you've posted before?

:lol: I have my doubts Nate would post the same pic again so I'm assuming it's a different pic. Still a nice job Nate.

Well, you were taking it through a window, as well as on the opposite side of a giant hill... so the odds were against you. You got the best shot you could in the circumstances, no doubt. And I appreciate you posting something from my area. Just down I-20 a few miles from me, no doubt.

I pass by there all the time, so that's why I'd been considering getting a shot or two of it. I took some a while back on my old Sony, but they turned out crappy so I deleted them.