Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

Awesome shot Nate! I really like the new building all the way to the right :D Whats on the top of it? They almost look like big lanterns :lol:

Thanks! And that would be the 645 foot Place Saint Charles.(The way the name changes, it will probably have a new name tommorow) That's my favorite skyscraper in New Orleans, and from what I know about the top, those just look like large windows. I had a very close zoomed-in shot of the top of the building I could show you, but I lost that when my computer crashed. :cry:

Thanks! And that would be the 645 foot Place Saint Charles.(The way the name changes, it will probably have a new name tommorow) That's my favorite skyscraper in New Orleans, and from what I know about the top, those just look like large windows. I had a very close zoomed-in shot of the top of the building I could show you, but I lost that when my computer crashed. :cry:

When your computer crashed after DC, or did it crash again!?

Anyway, good to see you back in regular fashion... posting! :D

When your computer crashed after DC, or did it crash again!?

Anyway, good to see you back in regular fashion... posting! :D

When it crashed after D.C. If this thing crashes again, Compaq can kiss my ass goodbye. :lol:

Oh, and I thought it was funny that yesterday you mentioned how I wasn't posting as much as usual, but I was still second on the top posters for the day, behind only you. ;)

When it crashed after D.C. If this thing crashes again, Compaq can kiss my ass goodbye. :lol:

Oh, and I thought it was funny that yesterday you mentioned how I wasn't posting as much as usual, but I was still second on the top posters for the day, behind only you. ;)

Really? I didn't notice that. :lol: It just didn't seem like you were posting as much... weird.

According to this website, it was built in 1865. Definitely one of the oldest buildings, if not the single oldest building, in downtown Shreveport.

Interesting. I didn't pick up the "imitation French Quarter" vibe from that building as much as much as the others, and it looks much older. Definately a nice looking building, IMO.

Interesting. I didn't pick up the "imitation French Quarter" vibe from that building as much as much as the others, and it looks much older. Definately a nice looking building, IMO.

Yeah, it definitely looks more like it was actually built that way, unlike the other one. But then again, the other one had "imitation French Quarter" written all over it... the name of the building is emblazoned across the transom over the front door, and it's called "The Quarter!"

Yeah, it definitely looks more like it was actually built that way, unlike the other one. But then again, the other one had "imitation French Quarter" written all over it... the name of the building is emblazoned across the transom over the front door, and it's called "The Quarter!"

Haha, I saw the name on the door and just laughed. At least try to give the illusion that it's not just imatation! :lol:

Haha, I saw the name on the door and just laughed. At least try to give the illusion that it's not just imatation! :lol:

I've always laughed at that as well, but I've always loved that Spring Strete Museum building across the street from it. That's a gorgeous building, IMO, and I need to go in there someday and have a look around. Maybe they'd even let me set up and do a paranormal investigation for a night. :D

One of my first photos ever with my own digital camera, and like I said when I posted it the first time, I've seen the Superdome a million times, but every time I see it, especially from this angle, its pure size just amazes me. I mean look at that beast! :w00t:

IMG_1118.jpg

You aint lyin'! The Superdome is a beast ! Is it one of the "8 Wonders of the World"? Nice pic BTW. Look at all those red lights !

Yea, looking at the photo now the red lights look cool. I count 5 different sets of lights. Of course, after I took the photo the red lights weren't nearly as cool, because if my memory serves me correctly, with the downtown rush hour traffic in New Orleans, I had to sit through another 3 of those lights, and then anouther 2 before I got to I-10. ;)

One of my first photos ever with my own digital camera, and like I said when I posted it the first time, I've seen the Superdome a million times, but every time I see it, especially from this angle, its pure size just amazes me. I mean look at that beast! :w00t:

IMG_1118.jpg

It is a beast, that's for sure! Coming down the interstate into New Orleans, it's an amazing sight.

Nope but according to Travel Channel it's one of the world's 10 best "megastructures." I honestly don't remember where it ranked among the top 10. Hoover Dam was number 1 though.

Really? That's pretty cool. I've never seen the show on the Travel Channel, but I've seen "Megastructures" on National Geographic, but that only focuses on one building or structure at a time, no lists.

Well, since a few of us have been discussing street smarts, I figured I'd go ahead and post my Louisiana photos of the day now. This is the deserted area I was in while taking my photos.

Deserted high-rise...

165010693.jpg

165010610.jpg

165010590.jpg

Parking garage/drive-thru bank I escaped through when I felt in danger...

165010563.jpg