West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Persuant to our discussion on Saturday, I would be interested on everyone's opinion on the timeline for this project to be cancelled.

If this project fails, how soon will we see a for sale sign on the property? What do you think will go there?

I predict a for sale sign at the end of the year. Palmer may get his hotel with a condo component, but a strip mall is going on the remaining property with retailers suited for the Vanderbilt and Belmont students. I think Green Hills Mall loses some sales from Nashville visitors staying in hotels because of it.

I need some shopping for my guests.

Just as everyone says, "I won't believe it until I see a shovel in the ground." or whatever it is that is repeated over and over, I'm going to wait until WES is actually dead before I have to start saying, "I won't believe it until I see a shovel in the ground." about the next project that won't happen on that site. :blink:

Sound confusing? :wacko: It should.

Anything else that might be built on the WES site is just as speculative as WES is at this point or more so.

I hope WES will be a reality and that any digging on the site will be the start of construction and not it's grave.

John, strip mall? EEK. :D I think that would be a completely unfortunate use of that property.

Just one geek's opinion...

My guess is that is the 1101 project

Correct, 1101 has got a crane up. Been up for 2 or 3 weeks now. Also the same company that is doing 1101 and did 807 18th, the M2H Group has another project planned in the area. Maybe Richard can enlighten us a little more.

I don't think a strip mall is economically feasible on that site. You have to go vertical to make any money at this point. If the lot(s) were built on in the 70s or 80s, then a strip center may have been feasible, but not any more at these prices. Palmer has got to get sqft on top of sqft over and over again or he(or anyone he sells it to) will lose their shirt.

Alot of building going on in Midtown...hope this happens. By the way...anyone know what is being built on 18th Ave. near the intersection with Edgefield? Just north of Edgefield they've got a crane up ready to start.

I think you mean Edgehill, rather than Edgefield.

Correct, 1101 has got a crane up. Been up for 2 or 3 weeks now. Also the same company that is doing 1101 and did 807 18th, the M2H Group has another project planned in the area. Maybe Richard can enlighten us a little more.

That is M2H Group's project. It recently bought another piece of property for yet another project.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2006/6/5...e_condo_project

That is M2H Group's project. It recently bought another piece of property for yet another project.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2006/6/5...e_condo_project

Richard, if you can tell me where the property is and approximately the height and number of units, I will put it on the Nashville development map. I have to get in and update that thing very soon anyway.

Richard, if you can tell me where the property is and approximately the height and number of units, I will put it on the Nashville development map. I have to get in and update that thing very soon anyway.

Not sure MRH has designed the project yet. But it's something like 8-10 units live-work condos. Or are you talking about 1101? That is 56 units but frankly not sure how tall. I'll check with Heflin.

Not sure MRH has designed the project yet. But it's something like 8-10 units live-work condos. Or are you talking about 1101? That is 56 units but frankly not sure how tall. I'll check with Heflin.

I did a little research on 1101 18th Ave and found that is will be seven stories with 56 units.

Maybe we could have something like Opry Mills there instead of WES? I don't care if WES is 10-15 stories, but if they go 20 or 30 stories it is simply stealing from the CBD. If Palmer wants to steal thunder and dignity along with artistic and architectural integrity from the CBD, go ahead Alex and do it, but you are going to destroy all the progress made in the CBD by trying to steal the legacy from the Snodgrass Tower and the L&C Tower.

Buildings of that height belong in the CBD. Stop trying to take peoples eyes off of downtown just to blind them with your ego driven project.

I did a little research on 1101 18th Ave and found that is will be seven stories with 56 units.

yes...it's 18th and Edgehill...not Edgefield...my bad.

I can't believe it's gonna be 7 stories! It's right smack next to 2 story homes being used as offices on Music Row. Very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I just now saw this. I'll shift the story to free here shortly. The project is on today's commission agenda. The meeting is at 4.

Thanks for doing that, Richard. It was an informative article.

I hope the meeting went well. It sounds like this project has many hurdles left to clear.

Does anyone think that Palmer has access to the $50M cash mentioned in the article?

Archived