West End Summit update

william

I don't think The Intercontinental is going to locate in WES. WES is a dead issue. Time to move on. I for one have wasted too much mental energy on this.

Do you have some new information on this or are you just saying that it is frustrating that that lot has been vacant for so long?

I'm still hoping that it goes up. A place a little bit out of downtown would be nice.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have some new information on this or are you just saying that it is frustrating that that lot has been vacant for so long?

I'm still hoping that it goes up. A place a little bit out of downtown would be nice.

I think what he's saying is that it's been announced so many times and nothing has really moved forward.

Welcome to the forum, pturbo! We look forward to hearing more from you. I agree with you about hoping this one goes up. It has been very frustrating waiting for it for about 2 or 3 years, but it does seem closer now than ever before.

I think what he's saying is that it's been announced so many times and nothing has really moved forward.

That's what I figured. I guess if they want to keep any of us true believers they will either have to actually start construction or come up with an increasingly grand succession of signs on the property. :D

Welcome to the forum, pturbo! We look forward to hearing more from you. I agree with you about hoping this one goes up. It has been very frustrating waiting for it for about 2 or 3 years, but it does seem closer now than ever before.

Thanks for the welcome. I found this forum while looking up info on the WES and have learned so much more by lurking around. Nice place you've got here.

That's what I figured. I guess if they want to keep any of us true believers they will either have to actually start construction or come up with an increasingly grand succession of signs on the property. :D

Thanks for the welcome. I found this forum while looking up info on the WES and have learned so much more by lurking around. Nice place you've got here.

Indeed, the signs are quite funny. I remember an editor at the paper trying to get me to write something on the project when the first sign went up a year ago. He took that as progress. I told him it's just a sign and that's what developers do to make it appear as something more is happening. Palmer did something similar on a sign down in Maryland Farms. It first said Coming in (month and year), then changed to another month and then changed again, and then it was finally changed to coming soon. The office building still hasn't been built.

That's a bit depressing to hear about Palmer. There seems to be such a "if you build it, they will come" mentality regarding the condos in and around downtown, I'm surprised that Palmer can't get this thing bankrolled and going. If you can't make a project work when developers are already taking reservations left and right for condo space for between $300-$500+ sqft, then I don't know if the market will ever be right for Palmer and the banks associated with him.

I know the problem of worrying about trying to plan or prepare for "How hot will this market still be in 2009?", but the risk has to be worth taking instead of just leaving the lot vacant for all of this time. You're always going to have a 2yr+ lead time for a project approaching this scale, and you are never going to be able to see that far into the future, so.....there's no time like the present.

Anybody think this lot will eventually be owned by Tony? :w00t:

The thought crossed my mind earlier. What if a more capable developer said, "Mr. Palmer, with all due respect, I could break ground on West End Summit next month if you just sell me the land." Who knows. Maybe Palmer will actually break ground during 3rd quarter. I wish him the best. [break ground, dat gummit!]

The thought crossed my mind earlier. What if a more capable developer said, "Mr. Palmer, with all due respect, I could break ground on West End Summit next month if you just sell me the land." Who knows. Maybe Palmer will actually break ground during 3rd quarter. I wish him the best. [break ground, dat gummit!]

While Tony G has a lot hype right now, Palmer has still done more developments in his tenure. Tony hadn't developed really anything until the JV with the Novarre Group on the Veridian and the Cumberland Apartment.

While Tony G has a lot hype right now, Palmer has still done more developments in his tenure. Tony hadn't developed really anything until the JV with the Novarre Group on the Veridian and the Cumberland Apartment.

I'd agree somewhat with that. His partner on Signature is the same on Cumberland. Novare is with him on Encore. TG has more in the pipeline now than Palmer certainly.

I heard he's also now mostly out of the belle meade theatre redevelopment. Parker Grass is doing the retail and another well-known residential group out of Atlanta is doing the residential. Seems odd that he would need so much help with that but go it alone with the Signature tower.

I heard he's also now mostly out of the belle meade theatre redevelopment. Parker Grass is doing the retail and another well-known residential group out of Atlanta is doing the residential. Seems odd that he would need so much help with that but go it alone with the Signature tower.

He sold 50% to PGM in December after signing the long-term leases with AmSouth and Harris Teeter. They are co-developers now.

The WES is by far my favorite project in Nashville right now mainly because of its location and visibility from the interstate. If this project becomes a reality, I believe it will have the most profound impact on the downtown skyline. Are there any updates on this project? I really home this one gets built.

You mean "midtown skyline" don't you ? It's not "downtown."

Archived