West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked but he wasn't telling. He did say that the hotels would be part of a larger development that included retail, office, condo's and a parking structure. It has been posted before but he also said the Eakin was finalizing plans for their property on Demonbreun (the tire service center) near the Gulch.

I have a problem with it because it lacks the classiness of the statues in Rome. IMO it has nothing at all to do with the Music Industry in which it is proposed to represent. Placing a tambourine atop the statue was a laughable attempt at appeasing the opponents.

By the way...I'm a "she."

It's not so bad, but b/c it depicts a celebration in the nude, it could easily be construed to be an orgy.

OK, this thread is about the WES. So really, what's the rumor for a timetable on this project? Early '07... late '07? If there haven't even been rumors, I'd really wonder if this thing will ever rise.

• 1 month later...

This is dead and I hear the land will be put up for sale in 2007 and a new developer will build the Intercontinental. There will be no office tower because of the 12% vacancy rate in downtown, and the fact we now have approval for the Bass, Berry, and Sims Tower. Suntrust Plaza will also be open in December 2007 and Eakin Partners want to do an office tower on 12th avenue near the McDonalds.

This is dead and I hear the land will be put up for sale in 2007 and a new developer will build the Intercontinental. There will be no office tower because of the 12% vacancy rate in downtown, and the fact we now have approval for the Bass, Berry, and Sims Tower. Suntrust Plaza will also be open in December 2007 and Eakin Partners want to do an office tower on 12th avenue near the McDonalds.

Archived