West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This project is inching forward so slow that its hard to even be excited about it anymore. It seems like the going trend is new news will come out and everyone will be excited for a few weeks then nothing happens for a few months then some more news comes out and everyones excited again.

This project is inching forward so slow that its hard to even be excited about it anymore. It seems like the going trend is new news will come out and everyone will be excited for a few weeks then nothing happens for a few months then some more news comes out and everyones excited again.

That's development for ya. :)

Yeah, everyone gets excited and nothing happens for a few weeks then a few months and then a few years......... -_- ZZZzzz ZZZzzz Someone please wake me when there's a groundbreaking.

Yeah, everyone gets excited and nothing happens for a few weeks then a few months and then a few years......... -_- ZZZzzz ZZZzzz Someone please wake me when there's a groundbreaking.

Ha... I haven't heard in chatter about it behind the scenes in awhile. Palmer however has started construction on his office building in Maryland Farms finally

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that they have taken the Intercontinental sign off the billboard on the property and placed it on the fence on the West End ave side. i guess they want people to know this is still in the works or they are getting ready to start something soon.

Does the billboard still have the old rendering on it? The fact that they never updated the rendering from the old one on the prominent billboard is very puzzling.

Chris great link -

Well to me this bodes well. I am glad he actually said something, plus signing a great (and unique) tenant like Chops id very positive). I also like the comment about the 25% lease mark on the office building. Sounds like Alex is growing a pair...

Yes, I'm glad this project is still a go, :) and its is one of the best renderings i've seen for this project so far. It almost looks like a photograph. I really like the glass work to the exterior of the building very nice.

I'm still concerned about traffic in that location. The towers will be constructed right in front of the Broadway and West End split so a normal intersection wouldn't work there. But I'm pretty sure Mr. Palmer has thought about that already.

Palmer has a full page rendering of the project on the back page of the business section of the Sunday paper. It mentions a 1st quarter 2007 ground breaking and a 1st quarter, 2009 completion.

Not sure what the purpose of the ad is other than to say 'Hey Nashville, we're ready to go!

Palmer has a full page rendering of the project on the back page of the business section of the Sunday paper. It mentions a 1st quarter 2007 ground breaking and a 1st quarter, 2009 completion.

Not sure what the purpose of the ad is other than to say 'Hey Nashville, we're ready to go!

Another possible explanation of the ad ma be to inform many more people around the City, State, adn Nation about the project. There are many who are not nearly as well informed as some of of local urbanites about this and many other projects. I agree that this may be a sign saying that we are ready to go as well. I know there are a lot of detractors form this project due to the location and would rather see it in the CBD, but this is a natural expansion of the CBD to the west and with Sobro, to the south.

If Alex Palmer can get this project going then there may be a resurgence of office tower development in the DT area again and make many looking for greener pastures outside of Davidson county take notice. With is project and the BBS tower in Sobro, we may be looking and a host of new developments coming up.

In Williamson county, they may be able to handle some growth, but the real estate values keep climbing there and many people will simply not be able to afford to live close to where they work. The CBD is "Central" to all areas of Metro and would be ideal for new growth. With the expansion of the Music City Star into Rutherford and Williamson county, the CBD will be that much more attractive. You can only keep building so far to the south until people look at that commute as irritating as well. I know of one company that had offices in Metro center and moved to Cool Springs and lost employees simply because they were 40 and 50 miles from work. They company suffered because of it.

We need to look at the long term picture or the next 10 to 15 years and be patient. Things will work itself out. Nashville is far ahead other cities because they are planning for the future more than other cities did in the last three decades.

Another possible explanation of the ad ma be to inform many more people around the City, State, adn Nation about the project. There are many who are not nearly as well informed as some of of local urbanites about this and many other projects. I agree that this may be a sign saying that we are ready to go as well. I know there are a lot of detractors form this project due to the location and would rather see it in the CBD, but this is a natural expansion of the CBD to the west and with Sobro, to the south.

If Alex Palmer can get this project going then there may be a resurgence of office tower development in the DT area again and make many looking for greener pastures outside of Davidson county take notice. With is project and the BBS tower in Sobro, we may be looking and a host of new developments coming up.

In Williamson county, they may be able to handle some growth, but the real estate values keep climbing there and many people will simply not be able to afford to live close to where they work. The CBD is "Central" to all areas of Metro and would be ideal for new growth. With the expansion of the Music City Star into Rutherford and Williamson county, the CBD will be that much more attractive. You can only keep building so far to the south until people look at that commute as irritating as well. I know of one company that had offices in Metro center and moved to Cool Springs and lost employees simply because they were 40 and 50 miles from work. They company suffered because of it.

We need to look at the long term picture or the next 10 to 15 years and be patient. Things will work itself out. Nashville is far ahead other cities because they are planning for the future more than other cities did in the last three decades.

I rarely say that I was correct in something but I called this months ago; that Palmer would start construction when he said he would. He still needs an office anchor and equity. He has routinely tried to use The Tennessean to legitimate the project. When I was there, I wouldn't go for it. The current writer and editors, however, are less discriminating. It almost looks like they are on his side.

I rarely say that I was correct in something but I called this months ago; that Palmer would start construction when he said he would. He still needs an office anchor and equity. He has routinely tried to use The Tennessean to legitimate the project. When I was there, I wouldn't go for it. The current writer and editors, however, are less discriminating. It almost looks like they are on his side.

Of course they are on his side. He gave them good money for a full-page ad.

Has anyone else noticed that according to these new renderings, West End seems to be reconfigured in front of WES? A triangular plot is depicted between WES and the auto repair shop. As is currently, there wouldn't be room for it.

yeah, that is kinda wierd. are they going to re-route west end? i'm thinking it's just a mess up on the rendering.

I have no way of knowing for sure. But I don't think you should take the rendering literally. I'd guess the street is drawn in such a way as to show a full view of the building.

Would be interesting to see renderings from other perspectives, from downtown, from further west, etc.

Archived