Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

why are there still so many open spaces in this development? Are they having trouble finding tenants to fill the space? I wonder if the Parisian name change has anything to do with this. I would like to see more national names that are new to the market.

I'm sure they are having trouble filling all the smaller spaces. They may fill eventually, but there are too many potential developments for retailers to commit to this one, i.e. Shackleford Crossing, Promenade, etc.

I'm sure they are having trouble filling all the smaller spaces. They may fill eventually, but there are too many potential developments for retailers to commit to this one, i.e. Shackleford Crossing, Promenade, etc.

I don't think Shackleford Crossing really competes directly (it's more big-box and none of the tenants there are really high-end) but you would have to think that Promenade at Chenal and Gateway Towne Center would, especially the former. Some of the better tenants on the original map of the property - Apple, etc backed out late. I would be surprised if Promenade at Chenal doesn't end up with these and some restaurants like Cantina Laredo that have been bouncing around lately but haven't found a home yet.

Driving around PRTC, it really has pretty few slots for smaller retail shops. Most of the square footage is tied up in Parisian, Whole Foods, and Borders. It's getting some decent restaurants, everyone seems to be a fan of Imagine and Crew and Bonefish will be a nice addition.

Looking at the layout of Promenade, though, it's going to be almost all smaller retail shops and it has quite a few outparcels that will be mostly freestanding restaurants. The demographics of that area are perfect for chains like Anthropologie and Apple.

Where does Gateway fit in? It's hard to know that. It's hard to even guess how urgent the timetable is on that development. I have to think it's solid, though, or Dillard's wouldn't have abandoned Chenal for it.

Did Belk's acquisition of Parisian take some wind out of PRTC's sails and make it harder to find tenants? I think most certainly it did.

I get the feeling upscale commercial on Chenal is about to really take off with the Promenade leading the way.

I don't think Shackleford Crossing really competes directly (it's more big-box and none of the tenants there are really high-end) but you would have to think that Promenade at Chenal and Gateway Towne Center would, especially the former. Some of the better tenants on the original map of the property - Apple, etc backed out late. I would be surprised if Promenade at Chenal doesn't end up with these and some restaurants like Cantina Laredo that have been bouncing around lately but haven't found a home yet.

Driving around PRTC, it really has pretty few slots for smaller retail shops. Most of the square footage is tied up in Parisian, Whole Foods, and Borders. It's getting some decent restaurants, everyone seems to be a fan of Imagine and Crew and Bonefish will be a nice addition.

Looking at the layout of Promenade, though, it's going to be almost all smaller retail shops and it has quite a few outparcels that will be mostly freestanding restaurants. The demographics of that area are perfect for chains like Anthropologie and Apple.

Where does Gateway fit in? It's hard to know that. It's hard to even guess how urgent the timetable is on that development. I have to think it's solid, though, or Dillard's wouldn't have abandoned Chenal for it.

Did Belk's acquisition of Parisian take some wind out of PRTC's sails and make it harder to find tenants? I think most certainly it did.

I get the feeling upscale commercial on Chenal is about to really take off with the Promenade leading the way.

I heard from an extremely reliable source that Dillard's has not committed whatsoever to any new centers, esp Gateway. They are not planning on opening any new stores in LR within the next few years.

I heard from an extremely reliable source that Dillard's has not committed whatsoever to any new centers, esp Gateway. They are not planning on opening any new stores in LR within the next few years.

Interesting, I find that a little surprising. I thought the point of Gateway was for Dillard's to ensure it had it was the only dept store in the large West LR mall that was pretty much going to preclude any future major shopping malls. I thought this was why RED was involved, to appease them and keep them from putting a different dept store in Promenade at Chenal.

If this is true, RED should have Gateway or Promenade try to include Macy's. If they don't have to worry about making Dillard's mad because they haven't made any promises anyway, it's an obvious matchup. If I were unrealistic I would say Nordstrom's as well but I just don't think Nordstrom's is looking at Arkansas yet.

dookmaster - to build upon Aporkalypse's informative posts....it is my "speculation" that the reason that Pleasant Ridge didn't land many of the planned tenants at the last minute was the resurrection of Promenade. I believe that it was common knowledge that Promenade was dead. But once it resurrected, many of the high end tenants like Apple, Banana Republic, J Crew, etc. likely reconsidered and are holding on their options.

Truth be known, I was no fan of the original Summit development, but the fact that it fell apart put the whole market in disarray. NONE of the proposed and/or current developments under construction are signficant in scale, quality, or even location. This will put the national retailers at an immediate disadvantage (higher risk) and consequently, will strain the potential success for them in this market.

p.s. I was told recently that the Memphis Apple store closed. That can't be good news for a potential location here (though there are many in smaller markets).

why are there still so many open spaces in this development? Are they having trouble finding tenants to fill the space? I wonder if the Parisian name change has anything to do with this. I would like to see more national names that are new to the market.

I was there this weekend and was wondering the same thing. Like others have said, many of the other retailers who are interested in this market may be holding out for the Promenade. I still have my doubts about Gateway. One thing though, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger was crowded and had a line out of the door. I was going to check it out, but once I saw the line I went to Crew instead.

I was there this weekend and was wondering the same thing. Like others have said, many of the other retailers who are interested in this market may be holding out for the Promenade. I still have my doubts about Gateway. One thing though, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger was crowded and had a line out of the door. I was going to check it out, but once I saw the line I went to Crew instead.

How was Crew? I was told it is very good.

I'm going back to LR this weekend to shop for houses and will try to check out a couple of these new places. I heard good things about Blue Agave out on Chenal as well.

Getting back to topic, one thing that I see being a positive for the Promenade is that there are a couple of large parcels near it that could be developed as well to expand the area as a retail center. Pleasant Ridge was always kind of hemmed in. Just to get that 350k SF they had to blast down a hill. It never was a prime site.

How was Crew? I was told it is very good.

I'm going back to LR this weekend to shop for houses and will try to check out a couple of these new places. I heard good things about Blue Agave out on Chenal as well.

Getting back to topic, one thing that I see being a positive for the Promenade is that there are a couple of large parcels near it that could be developed as well to expand the area as a retail center. Pleasant Ridge was always kind of hemmed in. Just to get that 350k SF they had to blast down a hill. It never was a prime site.

Crew was good. The wife and I enjoyed it. It is smaller than I expected. There is a private dining area that takes up about a quarter of the space. It has the modern design that you see in many restaurants now. We will be going back.

Crew was good. The wife and I enjoyed it. It is smaller than I expected. There is a private dining area that takes up about a quarter of the space. It has the modern design that you see in many restaurants now. We will be going back.

I went there this weekend. I actually really enjoyed it. There are still a number of vacancies there. It looks like there has been a lot of progress at the Fresh Market. I went to one of those stores in Orlando which was smaller than the one in LR will be and I thought it would fit in nicely in West LR.

I went there this weekend. I actually really enjoyed it. There are still a number of vacancies there. It looks like there has been a lot of progress at the Fresh Market. I went to one of those stores in Orlando which was smaller than the one in LR will be and I thought it would fit in nicely in West LR.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was suprised at all of the vacancies as well. Hopefully Lou has some leads to fill up some of those spaces. Pleasant Ridge isn't a bad center. You would think that some retailers that were looking to enter the market would go there, but they may be waiting on some of the other developments that have been announced or are being built.

Is Borders going up across from Crew in that empty lot? Is Borders still suppose to be coming to Pleasant Ridge?

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was suprised at all of the vacancies as well. Hopefully Lou has some leads to fill up some of those spaces. Pleasant Ridge isn't a bad center. You would think that some retailers that were looking to enter the market would go there, but they may be waiting on some of the other developments that have been announced or are being built.

Is Borders going up across from Crew in that empty lot? Is Borders still suppose to be coming to Pleasant Ridge?

After a lot of prospects see the numbers from the early retailers, other than the restraunts, I'd imagine many won't take the risk. It's just too hidden from the freeway.

After a lot of prospects see the numbers from the early retailers, other than the restraunts, I'd imagine many won't take the risk. It's just too hidden from the freeway.

I'm guessing a few will be locating even further from the freeway, out on Chenal. The Promenade at Chenal really got jumpstarted just as Pleasant Ridge opened and I think RED must've know something. I think some of the retailers Pleasant Ridge was counting on are jumping to Chenal because of better demographics and a better known developer.

I see that Bonefish Grill has just been added to the plumbing permits site.

Has anyone seen any official documentation that verifies Borders Bookstore will be a tenant at Pleasant Ridge, or is this still just speculation?

I heard that somewhere too, but I can't verify. I still can't believe they didn't locate at Midtowne....that would have sealed the deal for evening traffic with Starbucks and all. Of course, it would have been a big distraction for me being so close and all!

Just a thought but with Wild Oats moving to Midtowne and Fresh Market opening in Pleasant Ridge, what will become of the old Beans and Grains/Wild Oats space at Rodney Parham and I-430? That's a nice shopping center, I hate to see it blighted. I don't ever remember vacancies there.

I vote for the reopening of the old Andre's Gelateria (italian ice cream). It was the best. Of course, there's no longer an Andre or Andre's!

I vote for the reopening of the old Andre's Gelateria (italian ice cream). It was the best. Of course, there's no longer an Andre or Andre's!

Damn shame that was, Andre's death.

Where in the world do you get Gelato in LR these days?

I'm hoping the Promenade at Chenal could pull something like that off.

I see that Bonefish Grill has just been added to the plumbing permits site.

Has anyone seen any official documentation that verifies Borders Bookstore will be a tenant at Pleasant Ridge, or is this still just speculation?

It's on the Bonefish Grill website. It says that it is going to be open Summer 2007. It even has the hours of operation:

Little Rock, AR

Hours of Operation

Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM

Friday and Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM

Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Here is probably the most accurate list on this thread with the tenants of Pleasant Ridge Town Center.

Arc,

800 (last spot on the left side of the development) - The Fresh Market

702 - Merle Norman

701 - Hallmark

610 - Vesta's

5?? - Parisian

308 - Warren's Shoes

assuming it starts at 100, this is where the bookstore should be.

The Building in the center looks to be nearly leased out (all but two had a sign. one small, one larger) and those are the 900's........

903 - Glo

904 - Beyond Cotton

905 - Cheeburger Cheeburger

910 - Colaianni Pianos

912 - Frontiers

9?? - Imagine

918 - M2 Gallery

924 - Crew (restuarant)

There is still space left in the center, but it doesn't look like nearly enough to carry all those stores. :-(

Archived