Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

The LR Planning Commission, next week, will hear an item to approve two additional parcels for Pleasant Ridge Towne Center. Both parcels are situated along Highway 10, and both are planned as restaurant space.

While PRTC may not be a "destination site," it will not want for patronage. Traffic along Highway 10 is increasingly heavy, and especially thick at rush hours. This shopping center will be the closest retail complex of decent size to an ever-increasing number of households on or near the Higheay 10 corridor. While Borders would have done well at Midtowne, they certainly knew what they were doing when they chose PRTC.

I notice that the plumming review site includes approvals for six more (unnamed) shops at Pleasant Ridge.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LR Planning Commission, next week, will hear an item to approve two additional parcels for Pleasant Ridge Towne Center. Both parcels are situated along Highway 10, and both are planned as restaurant space.

While PRTC may not be a "destination site," it will not want for patronage. Traffic along Highway 10 is increasingly heavy, and especially thick at rush hours. This shopping center will be the closest retail complex of decent size to an ever-increasing number of households on or near the Higheay 10 corridor. While Borders would have done well at Midtowne, they certainly knew what they were doing when they chose PRTC.

I notice that the plumming review site includes approvals for six more (unnamed) shops at Pleasant Ridge.

True - Borders will do fine at PRTC, but I'm just surprised that they didn't opt for a completely different locale/demographic with a mid-town location in lieu of operating relatively close to a WLR Barnes & Noble - particularly when it was stated that they were concerned about this competition. Furthermore, Borders is known to pursue mature, urban locations like MidTowne.

True - Borders will do fine at PRTC, but I'm just surprised that they didn't opt for a completely different locale/demographic with a mid-town location in lieu of operating relatively close to a WLR Barnes & Noble - particularly when it was stated that they were concerned about this competition. Furthermore, Borders is known to pursue mature, urban locations like MidTowne.

They might be looking ahead to what may develop on the University Mall site - believeing that they would make a great fit for that location.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else see that the Parisian in Germantown was sold and that it will become a Macy's. Seems that Belk has sold 12-15 stores. They sold the one in Germantown b/c they said it would be costly to supply it b/c there are no other Belk's in the area. Guess they won't have that problem here since there are Belks in Conway, Stuttgart and Hot Springs. Too bad.

MAJOR TENANT ALERT!!!

Okay, I've got some serious scoop on tenants at Pleasant Ridge. I was privy to reviewing a July '06 site development plan today that listed every tenant. While I was advised that some of these may have changed, here are a few of what I recall (I used my phone to snap pictures, which were so bad I couldn't read!) - and to say the lease, I was impressed:

Apple (here's to hoping this is true!!)

Anne Taylor Loft

Anthropologie

American Eagle

Banana Republic

Bonefish Grill

Carrabbas Italian Grill (I thought this was going in at Shackelford - could've changed)

Charlotte Cruse

Cheeburger Cheeburger

Coldwater Creek

J Crew

J Jill

Mimi Maternity

Marketplace Restaurant (sweet)

Orvis

Talbots

The Fresh Market

Victoria's Secret

White House/Black Market

In short, the impressive tenant list is the product of several high-end tenants that Midtowne did not get (or are second locations that duplicate Midtown) as well as duplicating locations that Park Plaza offers (that obviously wouldn't have been duplicted across the street at Midtowne). There are other tenants obviously, but I've only listed those that haven't been discussed before that I am aware of.

This was a site plan from 3 months ago, so I suspect that its fairly accurate. So...let further speculation and fallout continue, as well as monitoring the plumbing applications to see which of these have actually landed.

MAJOR TENANT ALERT!!!

Okay, I've got some serious scoop on tenants at Pleasant Ridge. I was privy to reviewing a July '06 site development plan today that listed every tenant. While I was advised that some of these may have changed, here are a few of what I recall (I used my phone to snap pictures, which were so bad I couldn't read!) - and to say the lease, I was impressed:

Anne Taylor Loft

Anthropologie

American Eagle

Banana Republic

Bonefish Grill

Carrabbas Italian Grill (I thought this was going in at Shackelford - could've changed)

Charlotte Cruse

Cheeburger Cheeburger

Coldwater Creek

J Crew

J Jill

Mimi Maternity

Orvis

Talbots

The Fresh Market

Victoria's Secret

White House/Black Market

In short, the impressive tenant list is the product of several high-end tenants that Midtowne did not get (or are second locations that duplicate Midtown) as well as duplicating locations that Park Plaza offers (that obviously wouldn't have been duplicted across the street at Midtowne). There are other tenants obviously, but I've only listed those that haven't been discussed before that I am aware of.

This was a site plan from 3 months ago, so I suspect that its fairly accurate. So...let further speculation and fallout continue, as well as monitoring the plumbing applications to see which of these have actually landed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that it's big enough to hold all of those tenants. I highly doubt Apple will be locating there...but who knows. Maybe some of those that are duplicated elsewhere were once considered for there, but no longer. I can't see stores just making their way to Little Rock already having a second location...but again, who knows. I've heard about Carraba's, that never made sense to me...being so close to Corino's. I think maybe they are looking more at Shackleford Crossing now. I guess only time will tell what will go where.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that it's big enough to hold all of those tenants. I highly doubt Apple will be locating there...but who knows. Maybe some of those that are duplicated elsewhere were once considered for there, but no longer. I can't see stores just making their way to Little Rock already having a second location...but again, who knows. I've heard about Carraba's, that never made sense to me...being so close to Corino's. I think maybe they are looking more at Shackleford Crossing now. I guess only time will tell what will go where.

Yes, it will hold all those tenants and more. To repeat, I'm not referencing a list of tenants, I was looking at the actual site/floor plan with the tenant spaces actually labeled on each space. Furthermore, I only listed about half of what was there. If I can figure out how to attach photos, I'll post the images from the site plan - as crumby as my Treo 650 camera is...

To echo your statement, certainly, some of these have likely changed, but I imagine that much of this is accurate. Note that about 10 "generic" applications for Pleasant Ridge were filed for plumbing permits, which is unusual unless one is trying to be discreet. Regarding Carrabbas, I had also heard they were locating at Shackelford Crossing, but why would Pleasant Ridge be a problem? Carrabbas is owned by Macaroni Grill, not Carrinos, so they would have no problem locating next to their competitor! Also, why would Apple surprise you?

Yes, it will hold all those tenants and more. To repeat, I'm not referencing a list of tenants, I was looking at the actual site/floor plan with the tenant spaces actually labeled on each space. Furthermore, I only listed about half of what was there. If I can figure out how to attach photos, I'll post the images from the site plan - as crumby as my Treo 650 camera is...

To echo your statement, certainly, some of these have likely changed, but I imagine that much of this is accurate. Note that about 10 "generic" applications for Pleasant Ridge were filed for plumbing permits, which is unusual unless one is trying to be discreet. Regarding Carrabbas, I had also heard they were locating at Shackelford Crossing, but why would Pleasant Ridge be a problem? Carrabbas is owned by Macaroni Grill, not Carrinos, so they would have no problem locating next to their competitor! Also, why would Apple surprise you?

Thanks, Architect. This is some really exciting news. This is exactly why I read this thing.

My wife loves Charlotte Russe and that's one thing we thought we'd miss when we moved back.

There are also a couple of restaurants that are no surprises but certainly things we need in Little Rock. I actually really like Bonefish.

Anne Taylor Loft

Anthropologie

American Eagle

Banana Republic

Bonefish Grill

Charlotte Cruse

Cheeburger Cheeburger

Coldwater Creek

J Crew

J Jill

Mimi Maternity

Orvis

Talbots

The Fresh Market

Victoria's Secret

White House/Black Market

Ah no Urban Outfitters. :( Good to see Apple is a possibility.

Nice find Architect!! :thumbsup:

MAJOR TENANT ALERT!!!

Arc,

I sorry to say, but the think the plan you saw is out of date or wrong. I drove through again this morning, and this is what is showing in the unfinished store spaces in the center.....

800 (last spot on the left side of the development) - The Fresh Market

702 - Merle Norman

701 - Hallmark

610 - Vesta's

5?? - Parisian

308 - Warren's Shoes

assuming it starts at 100, this is where the bookstore should be.

The Building in the center looks to be nearly leased out (all but two had a sign. one small, one larger) and those are the 900's........

903 - Glo

904 - Beyond Cotton

905 - Cheeburger Cheeburger

910 - Colaianni Pianos

912 - Frontiers

9?? - Imagine

918 - M2 Gallery

924 - Crew (restuarant)

There is still space left in the center, but it doesn't look like nearly enough to carry all those stores. :-(

Those names on those plans were lets say, wishful thinking, and were added on when Jones Lang were hired, then subsequently walked away from, the leasing of the center. Some have still decided to come, such as Cheeburger cheeburger, some opted for midtown, J Jill, White House Black Market, Anne Taylor Loft, and others were just indicitive of what they wanted in the center such as Marketplace- which was from Fayetville and has since gone bankrupt.

Arc,

I sorry to say, but the think the plan you saw is out of date or wrong. I drove through again this morning, and this is what is showing in the unfinished store spaces in the center.....

800 (last spot on the left side of the development) - The Fresh Market

702 - Merle Norman

701 - Hallmark

610 - Vesta's

5?? - Parisian

308 - Warren's Shoes

assuming it starts at 100, this is where the bookstore should be.

The Building in the center looks to be nearly leased out (all but two had a sign. one small, one larger) and those are the 900's........

903 - Glo

904 - Beyond Cotton

905 - Cheeburger Cheeburger

910 - Colaianni Pianos

912 - Frontiers

9?? - Imagine

918 - M2 Gallery

924 - Crew (restuarant)

There is still space left in the center, but it doesn't look like nearly enough to carry all those stores. :-(

I drove by last weekend and the signage was up for all of these. I was kind of struck by how limited the number of smaller retail slots was and when I saw that long list of stores that was what I initially thought as well. It doesn't seem like there are that many more tenants. Signage was also up for the Cingular Wireless as well.

If these tenants were really interested, it makes you wonder how many will end up at Promenade at Chenal.

Those names on those plans were lets say, wishful thinking, and were added on when Jones Lang were hired, then subsequently walked away from, the leasing of the center. Some have still decided to come, such as Cheeburger cheeburger, some opted for midtown, J Jill, White House Black Market, Anne Taylor Loft, and others were just indicitive of what they wanted in the center such as Marketplace- which was from Fayetville and has since gone bankrupt.

Hey, you guys may very well be right, but please understand that the plan I saw is only 3 months old, which led me to believe there was some validity to it. Furthermore, this wasn't a "presentation" plan - it was a working construction file, so it would be somewhat unusual for someone to put a bunch of "what-ifs" on there. But hey, the reality may simply be that it was erroneous per the obvious site observation by some of you guys. Its really too bad.

By the way, Apple was shown next to Cingular if someone wants to verify. I don't get out that way too often.

Hey, you guys may very well be right, but please understand that the plan I saw is only 3 months old, which led me to believe there was some validity to it. Furthermore, this wasn't a "presentation" plan - it was a working construction file, so it would be somewhat unusual for someone to put a bunch of "what-ifs" on there. But hey, the reality may simply be that it was erroneous per the obvious site observation by some of you guys. Its really too bad.

By the way, Apple was shown next to Cingular if someone wants to verify. I don't get out that way too often.

Signage wasn't up for it on Sunday.

You know, one reason that tenants could've changed since July is Belk's acquisition of Parisian. If the store is going to be converted to a Belk's and that lowers the profile of the development that might have pushed the tenants towards the Promenade at Chenal. The Promenade, despite lacking an anchor, looks like it will be very nice and perhaps the conventional retail chains all bolted together.

Went through Parisian last night. The store is really nice, and the whole shopping center will be once it is done. I heard the workers there mention that Cheeseburger Cheesburger was coming (which we already knew). They also seemed to belive Ben & Jerry's was coming, I hope so!

I also just thought - If Pleasant Ridge was getting an Apple, we would see a significant difference in the outside facade of the spot it was going in. Apple likes their stores to look a certain way...

Example

abqapple.jpg

Apple store in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Regardless we would see visual evidence of Apple by now

I also just thought - If Pleasant Ridge was getting an Apple, we would see a significant difference in the outside facade of the spot it was going in. Apple likes their stores to look a certain way...

Example

abqapple.jpg

Apple store in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Regardless we would see visual evidence of Apple by now

I agree. Apple would do well in Little Rock, but they look for the right, urban, upscale project. From an architect's standpoint, Pleasant Ridge is no architectural standout - and I'm talking in the context of these types of projects. Park Plaza (renovation) and Midtown are both a little more svelte that Pleasant Ridge, and I could see Apple fitting much better in either of those locations. So in short, you're right, we would or should be seeing some evidence of Apple already at Pleasant Ridge. Furthermore, Apple would have announced this location by now as well. Bummer.

I went by Parisian on Wednesday -- store looks great. Strasburg Children (high-end kiddie clothes) is also open at Pleasant Ridge, along with Cingular Wireless. Looks like Indigo Home is probably next (I think this is connected to the former or current owner of Pacific Rim Imports -- don't know all the details). Beyond Cotton is moving out there too, eventually.

There's an article in the ADG today about Pleasant Ridge Towne Center.

Per Schickel's lease agreement with Saks, the store must operate as a Parisian for 15 years. So legally, he can force them to keep the Parisian name though once the brand is otherwise dead it may not make sense. Also, Belk's has offered to rebrand it as a "Class A" Belk's, similar to the flagship stores in Charlotte and Charleston.

Apparently he's still in talks with Apple, Anthropologie, Lucky, J. Crew, Lucy, Banana Republic and Papyrus.

I think it's a good sign these stores are coming to the market, the question is where they will locate.

There's an article in the ADG today about Pleasant Ridge Towne Center.

Per Schickel's lease agreement with Saks, the store must operate as a Parisian for 15 years. So legally, he can force them to keep the Parisian name though once the brand is otherwise dead it may not make sense. Also, Belk's has offered to rebrand it as a "Class A" Belk's, similar to the flagship stores in Charlotte and Charleston.

Apparently he's still in talks with Apple, Anthropologie, Lucky, J. Crew, Lucy, Banana Republic and Papyrus.

I think it's a good sign these stores are coming to the market, the question is where they will locate.

Hey, I hopey your right about the continued negotiations with the named tenants, but what have you heard that would indicate such? I thought the site plan was quite revealing, but apparently some have said that most of it was supposition.

Archived