Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now I'm hoping it's not EA, given the sobering news about their profits in today's Sentinel.

It wasn't that sobering of an article. Business is cyclical, and the article did make a point of mentioning that most game producers are experiencing a slump due to the imminent arrival of a slew of next-generation of game consols, which would suggest that game producers should expect a recovery in sales over the next few years as they release titles for the new consols. My fingers are still crossed for EA.

It wasn't that sobering of an article. Business is cyclical, and the article did make a point of mentioning that most game producers are experiencing a slump due to the imminent arrival of a slew of next-generation of game consols, which would suggest that game producers should expect a recovery in sales over the next few years as they release titles for the new consols. My fingers are still crossed for EA.

Your exactly right, once the new Xbox goes into full production along with Playstation 3 they'll be right back in it.

It would be nice if the new tennant was Disney. The new CEO is a UCF grad, but that seems a little fast for a move, he was just formally appointed. I've felt, as I'm sure many have in the area that Disney's headquarters should be in Orlando since that is where their biggest operation is. If Disney were to relocate their headquarters to Orlando though they would probably build a campus on property they already own. The difference in community support from a corporation with headquarters in town is significant. Disney contributed about $1,000,000 to build or refurbish the amphitheater at Lake Eola. In LA they built a $50,000,000 world class art center. Big difference in the level of contributions there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the naming rights to UCF's new stadium go to Disney though. Disney Field at UCF??? :huh:

That said I think we're looking at EA for the PBLT block, JMO. :thumbsup:

I thought EA was already ruled out from PBLT.

I think Disney already have a skyscraper at Burbank. And they just move the movie production back to Cali.

If it has to do with UCF Video Game school, I am guessing Microsoft, Sony...

Honestly I was just joking about Disney - they're waaaay too invested in making movies which is, of course, why they decide to call California home.

Wouldn't that be sweet if it were Microsoft?! Or Sony for that matter. That would really help propel Orlando down the road of being a tech center!

Aaaarrrgh!! I can't take the suspense!! No google search in a million years could possibly find that out!

:wacko:

I feel like Regis Philbin is looking at me over the tv screens and this is the million dollar question!

That sucks, huh? The one guy that knows is leaving for Christmas vacation. See ya guys when I get back. :rofl:

Archived