Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This rendering is scheduled to change... they are now lining the podium with condo/townhomes etc, and the Lynx property is back in for you insiders (but you already knew that).

Can you elaborate on the Lynx property for us outsiders? Also, how many floors/height are these things coming in at? They look 300-400 ft....

The arcade under the podium (and the "TV" screens) are retails connecting to the Commuter Rail station, and most of the towers have ground floor retail. The pavilion in the front is sort-of a two story restaurant that activates the open space (its the "vine covered" looking building). There's even a gym in the building on the right that the hotel/condo and soon to be named tennant of the cubist building(s) will share.

Overall I like the proposals, however I'm not a big fan on the general design. It is a bit too sterile for my taste. Overall, I would prefer to see something similar but not as cold. Take the "Haitong Securities" building in Shanghai. I cannot find photos of it as good as one I have from a newsletter but this gives the overall look. It could easily fit in to the Orlando scene yet be distinctly different.

Haitong_Securities_Building2.jpg

Yeah, the Escher comparisons are right on. Did anyone else notice the EA logo blurred out on the display in the middle of the rendering? I would assume that would give some credibility to bulldog's assertion that it is in fact EA.

I'll buy the EA story now. and not because of the blurred logo in the rendering, but mainly that our insiders (jaybee, jack, orlandonative) have all pretty much commented about not getting too attached to the rendering, but nothing disputing our EA assumptions. ah, silence can say so much sometimes. :)

Take the "Haitong Securities" building in Shanghai...

Sort of reminds me of 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta - but with chicken pox. We have room for this style of building in Orlando. I wish something similar would "crown" the PBLT sandwich.

Umm...four phases??? How long is it going to be before this whole project is finished?

And Phases 1 and 4 look to be fairly well connected by that grassy plaza above the parking deck, making it look like it would be pretty difficult to construct each building separately and connect them later on. What's going on with these two phases, which also happen to be the first and last of the project?

Umm...four phases??? How long is it going to be before this whole project is finished?

And Phases 1 and 4 look to be fairly well connected by that grassy plaza above the parking deck, making it look like it would be pretty difficult to construct each building separately and connect them later on. What's going on with these two phases, which also happen to be the first and last of the project?

Hopefully its not another Orlando City Place timeline...

Generally, the layout seems like there will be a lot of interaction at the pedestrian level, especially with the commuter station and the retail. What I think bothers most people is that this project right now is rather isolated, unlike say, the Plaza. I will have more confidence in this project if the surrounding lots are built to make for a better pedestrian environment.

I like the comparison to La Defense. I really see it, based on the renderings we've seen thus far. That picture bic posted of La Defense really shows how much activity goes on there at ground level, which is seemingly what PBLT was after with their whole "sense of place" ideal.

I agree with praha about the isolation aspect also. And the renderings just compound that feeling since they make it look as if the project is in the middle of the Enchanted Forest.

I second bic's question - how the heck are the two most connected phases the first and the last? Are they planning on building the entire base, and then the one tower, with the infrastructure for adding the second tower in place so that it can be built at a later time? Risking exposing my naivety :blush: , is that even possible?

I second bic's question - how the heck are the two most connected phases the first and the last? Are they planning on building the entire base, and then the one tower, with the infrastructure for adding the second tower in place so that it can be built at a later time? Risking exposing my naivety :blush: , is that even possible?

It's a schematic design. It's only used for pricing at this point.

Archived