Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this has some interesting colors or a lot of glass. The design looks pretty mundane.

It will be anything short of mundane. The design details are incredible, almost unbelievable. You thought Jumbotrons on Dynetech were impressive, just wait. Remember the picture your looking at is old and for all intent and purpose is used for little more than determination of land space usage and the interaction with the surrounding enviornment.

I say bring it on!

It's time this town gets something of architectural note in the skyline. This has the chance of really making a difference. I look forward to the evolution of the design as newer renderings and details are released.

It kinda funny that Arquitectonica is designing for this lot again.

It will be anything short of mundane. The design details are incredible, almost unbelievable. You thought Jumbotrons on Dynetech were impressive, just wait. Remember the picture your looking at is old and for all intent and purpose is used for little more than determination of land space usage and the interaction with the surrounding enviornment.

Can't wait to see a detailed color graphic. I think everyone is getting spoiled by all the projects. Five years ago we would have been happy to have one or two of the couple dozen projects in the works.

If the back right bldg is 50' taller than Solaire, then its 385' tall. the front right bldg is more than 25' taller than it from that perspective. I'd venture to say its about the height of Suntrust.

this looks like a cross between the Federal Center (Dirksen and J.C. Klucinski bldgs with the Calder sculpture) in Chicago (and the Daley Center w/ plaza), and the Rockefeller Center plaza in Midtown Manhattan.

I can see a lot of residential high-rises going up north of there on those empty lots.

I can see a lot of residential high-rises going up north of there on those empty lots.

Maybe, I wouldn't hold your breath on that. As i've been saying, a lot of the new development that will be going downtown are primarily commercial, with a couple of possible hotels. In addition to this project, there is another new development not yet mentioned :thumbsup: .

So many hints, so few details. Even fewer renderings. Grrr. I can wait, though.

I glanced at the Arquitectonica site...the Shangai Info Tower looks somewhat similar to our grainy PBLT rendering. Can't wait to see more details.

Don't know if you can elaborate, but can you tell us the perspective view on this initial rendering. Are the front buildings facing Orange Ave.?

So many hints, so few details. Even fewer renderings. Grrr. I can wait, though.

I glanced at the Arquitectonica site...the Shangai Info Tower looks somewhat similar to our grainy PBLT rendering. Can't wait to see more details.

Don't know if you can elaborate, but can you tell us the perspective view on this initial rendering. Are the front buildings facing Orange Ave.?

Yes.

so this complex abuts Lynx Central Sta.

this will be a grand gateway to downtown by train if the commuter rail gets built.

also, to handle commuter rail, won't the train terminal itself actually be situated to the east of the tracks, on PBL&T land, or are they going to convert the last covered concouse into a train ingress/egress point and enclosed bldg?

OrlandoNative, do you know when can we expect to see this thing rise from the ground? I am hoping for end of Summer 2006.

Jsr, I think there is a street or car park right now existing between the PBLT land and the lynx station.

Theres really nobody to build this thing until The Plaza is finished. As far as the train is concerned, the last plans included a point of entry, but I'm not sure now.

Yeah,

The Lynx station was confusing me b/c the bus driveways are between the building and the tracks; they can't expect riders to walk across the bus driveways to get to the train...

The PBL&T site looks to have buildings at relative heights of: Suntrust, BOA (-) 15'; Amsouth, and Plaza South.

My guess (and this is TOTALLY a guess) is Electronic Arts? I keep hearing about them building downtown, but nothing has come up yet -- this would be a nice place for them....

I suspect this will be the trendy guess. I won't believe it till I see it, though.

I suspect this will be the trendy guess. I won't believe it till I see it, though.

Actually, EA just opened their new corporate office in Maitland on Maitland Blvd by Charles Schwabb. From what I understand they signed a 5 or 7 year contract for the space. If you drive by you'll see their initials in blue posted on the building.

Archived