Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Great pics Mith! The pic of the Library looks like you used a fisheye lens but I guess that's just the way the Library is shaped. :D

I guess it's probably a little of both. I did use my wide angle lens, and I can sometimes get a bit of that effect if I place the camera just right. But I do think it's also a bit of how the building was designed as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been posting much in this topic lately. Overall I'm been taking more nature and less 'urban' pics and I wasn't sure how much interest there would be. But anyway here's another night shot from the Fayetteville Public Library.

110585596_9eacf1f1d1_o.jpg

I haven't been posting much in this topic lately. Overall I'm been taking more nature and less 'urban' pics and I wasn't sure how much interest there would be. But anyway here's another night shot from the Fayetteville Public Library.

110585596_9eacf1f1d1_o.jpg

Awesome shot Mith! Is that a planet in the night sky above the library?

Awesome shot Mith! Is that a planet in the night sky above the library?

It's the moon. I haven't had too much luck photographing it so far. But you can also see a couple of stars between the moon and the roof of the library. I've seen a planet in the eastern skies, probably Venus, early in the morning when I go to work. So far I haven't had any luck getting any morning pics on the weekends because of clouds.

Here's another spring bloom pic taken just behind Hoghaus Brewery not too far from the future Legacy Building.

113430766_0bde2593a9_o.jpg

Great pics.

I always enjoy the pics of the nature incorporated into the streetscape in Fayetteville.

Its not what some percieve as "urban" but its a big part of what sets Fayetteville apart from other cities.

In Dallas, they are working on ideas as to how to incorporate more greenspace into the downtown area because its one of the major things the urban core lacks. Its one of the major points the city is working on to improve quality of life in downtown.

Think Seattle, lots of greenery there, and very urban. :D

Great pics.

I always enjoy the pics of the nature incorporated into the streetscape in Fayetteville.

Its not what some percieve as "urban" but its a big part of what sets Fayetteville apart from other cities.

In Dallas, they are working on ideas as to how to incorporate more greenspace into the downtown area because its one of the major things the urban core lacks. Its one of the major points the city is working on to improve quality of life in downtown.

Think Seattle, lots of greenery there, and very urban. :D

Granted Fayetteville isn't particularly big but it is nice to have what green space we have. Although more can always be worked on. I need to find some areas where I can get some pics of showing a contrast of both in the same pic.

• 4 weeks later...

^^

That's gorgeous Mith... postcard quality. :)

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it as well. I took some other pics as well but I'd like to get back to posting in this topic so I think I'll slowly put them in here. I can see this pic being one of the ones the city picks out to put into the American in Bloom competition. I think I might also consider making some 8X10s as well when I finally try to sell a few pics.

Are you real short or were you laying on the ground? Great shot.

:lol: I've been experimenting a lot with different angles. Yeah I basically held the camera down to the sidewalk and angled it up. I really like being able to add the tulips into the shot with whatever building I'm focusing on in the background. I did close to the same thing with the first shot I had on the Square. The wide angle lens also helps emphasize the curvature of that part of the Library.

Thanks, as I said before I'm not the one picking them out but I have a feeling some of them will be used for the America in Bloom competition. I'm also happy with them as well. At some point I'm wanting to get some printed off and see what I might be able to do with them. :D

Thanks everyone. Yeah spring is a nice time but you should also see Fayetteville in the fall. We had some really nice fall foliage last year. There's a topic in here with some pics of those. Here's a link to it, along with a lot of other pics mainly taken last year.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ic=17072&st=120

Archived