Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Where would Macy's go? There's not much if any large scale developments I've heard about for shopping centers in Fayetteville. Rogers has a much better chance, especially the projects such as: Outparcels at Pinnacle Promenade, The Grove, Centre Pointe, Pleasant Crossing, and Pleasant Crossing West.

I have to say that space near the Fulbright Expressway would be nice for a Macy's.

I'm just guessing, but since the new Dillards opened at the Promenade there's a possibility of combing both Dillard's stores at NWA Mall and Macy's going into one of the existing Dillard's locations. By Macy's expanding into smaller markets I don't think they'd want the expense of building a new store, rather they'd go into an existing location as they did in Huntington Mall in West Virginia.

Also, the Mall Twin at NWA Mall could be converted into an IMAX screen and Macerich is upgrading some of their malls with IMAX screens.

NWA erects a parking deck and all of a sudden there's room for a new anchor and maybe 30 more specialty shops. And part of the mall could be expanded to two-stories.

NWA Mall has a Trump card. It's in the biggest city in NWA with a large disposable income (Goshen) and it has the UofA in town. There's plenty of room around NWA Mall for restaurants and more retailers. I wouldn't write-off NWA Mall just yet. And that's coming from someone who managed a store there and currently despises what it's become.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haden't thought about the possibility of Dillards combinding the two stores. I think it might happen since sales are more than likely going to suffer at first. The Mall twin will more than likely close since Malco is building a 12-14 Screen Digital Theatre off Joyce near the mall. I wonder how much space the twin has, it could be difficult to expand it. Pleasant Crossing had announced that it was getting an IMAX, but I've been hearing rumors now that the Pinnacle Promenade might get it, since the Malco Theatre was built to allow for expansion, I think up to 16 screens. Good points though. I wouldn't count Fayetteville completly out for upscale retailers and restaurants. I think Bellafont will attract some, and hopefully the corridor of Joyce can attract some big name moderate to upscale restaurants like Joe's Crab Shack, Fleming's Prime Rib & Steakhouse, Tia's Mexican Embassy, Johnny Rocket's, California Pizza Kitchen, Ted's Montana Grill, Cantina Laredo, Pei Wei Asian Dinner, and many others.

The Mall twin will more than likely close since Malco is building a 12-14 Screen Digital Theatre off Joyce near the mall. I wonder how much space the twin has, it could be difficult to expand it. Pleasant Crossing had announced that it was getting an IMAX, but I've been hearing rumors now that the Pinnacle Promenade might get it, since the Malco Theatre was built to allow for expansion, I think up to 16 screens.

The Mall Twin could be turned into a Kids Theatre like the Celebration Theatre at Celebration City in Branson, showing movies like Veggie Tales and such with live characters from the movies to greet the kids after the show. It would be better than just shutting it down.

Sorry to keep this going offtopic but I'm not sure they'll combine the two Dillards. It seems to be a good setup the way it is now and with the one at the Promenade only being one story I'm not sure if it's big enough to pull that much away from the ones at the NWA Mall. This area is probably big enough to support one more Dillards.

Sorry to keep this going offtopic but I'm not sure they'll combine the two Dillards. It seems to be a good setup the way it is now and with the one at the Promenade only being one story I'm not sure if it's big enough to pull that much away from the ones at the NWA Mall. This area is probably big enough to support one more Dillards.

No the Promenade Dillards is a 2-story 200,000 square-foot store... the JC Penney at the Promenade is 1-story. It really depends on sales per-square-footage. If either NWA Mall Dillards falls below a certain sales per-square-foot then they'll combine rather than take the loss. Besides, if Macy's wants in they'll make Dillards a nice offer on one of the existing stores.

From my perspective, and that of many people I've discussed NWA with, (people that are truly native, not transplants), the draw to Fayetteville has always been it's sense of community. Not just on a personal level, but on the level that the city was planned to be one where walking is promoted in a lot of areas and it is to promote a lot of interaction with neighbors and fellow citizens. With all the pains the city has taken to create a really physically attractive environment (ordinances, etc) and the general layout of the downtown areas, there is something that exists there that none of the other towns has. Bentonville's leaders are trying to establish a vital downtown area that promotes this same feel, and kudos to them for making that effort. Fayetteville is established, which helps as well. But I think the feel of Dickson and Fayetteville's downtown is something that cannot be compared to the other three towns. It obviously has a draw to many people. I am from Bentonville originally and just always thought that Fayetteville felt really great (in a community sense). One can get out on foot and feel like they are a part of that community by being outside among others, walking around downtown, sharing in the community, which we just don't see as much elsewhere. There is a definitive atmosphere there that is unique to Fayetteville. I think that's why people have made the trek there in the past for entertainment. And it's true that many in Benton county now don't feel a need to go south for entertainment or dinner, and that's great for those towns, that they have what they need to sustain a nightlife. I just think there are those that like the way F'ville feels and will always go because it is unique. I don't go to Benton county for entertainment either, even though my whole family is there. Chain restaurants are not my thing, and that's another difference between the two areas. And perhaps I am less interested in Benton county because i grew up there. I just think it's an interesting contrast between the areas.

Yes, but there's no bar atmosphere.

Whoa, I guess I'm showing my naivete here, but I don't understand. Copeland's has a separate bar area, with what I thought was a "bar atmosphere". Same with Colton's and Carino's, Applebee's, On the Border, etc. Or do I just not know what a true bar atmosphere is? :huh:

Whoa, I guess I'm showing my naivete here, but I don't understand. Copeland's has a separate bar area, with what I thought was a "bar atmosphere". Same with Colton's and Carino's, Applebee's, On the Border, etc. Or do I just not know what a true bar atmosphere is? :huh:

May'be it's just me, but I like walking down Dickson Street for the overall entertainment district/bar feel. It's the sense of walking from bar to bar or nightclub for a drink. You can't get that anywhere else in NWA. It's a nice cultural feature that I wish Benton County had.

I agree about walking down Dickson. It's the accessibility of the whole place. Having a bar in a restaurant doesn't make for the same atmosphere at all. I wouldn't go to a restaurant just to sit at the bar. There are bars for that, which I prefer. I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting at a bar at an eating establishment for several hours. There's not the same level of mingling and whatnot. It's a different feel to be at a "watering hole".

I agree about walking down Dickson. It's the accessibility of the whole place. Having a bar in a restaurant doesn't make for the same atmosphere at all. I wouldn't go to a restaurant just to sit at the bar. There are bars for that, which I prefer. I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting at a bar at an eating establishment for several hours. There's not the same level of mingling and whatnot. It's a different feel to be at a "watering hole".

clearly i could use a tip or two on replying. how do you quote text? maybe it's simple, but i am struggling...

So, pretty much we've developed into a major region where each part of the area has something to contribute to the overall scheme of things. Those that like the college atmosphere have Fayetteville, we've got a variety of shopping spread throughout NWA, there's chain and individual restaurant choices, etc.. Different sorts of entertainment are sprouting up everywhere, too. Doesn't take long to hop in a car and get to any of them.

Pretty much what most places would like to have, with more to come.

clearly i could use a tip or two on replying. how do you quote text? maybe it's simple, but i am struggling...

When replying to someone click the quote button to the right and it will turn red... then click the reply button... that will automatically put the other person's post in quotes.

From my perspective, and that of many people I've discussed NWA with, (people that are truly native, not transplants), the draw to Fayetteville has always been it's sense of community. Not just on a personal level, but on the level that the city was planned to be one where walking is promoted in a lot of areas and it is to promote a lot of interaction with neighbors and fellow citizens. With all the pains the city has taken to create a really physically attractive environment (ordinances, etc) and the general layout of the downtown areas, there is something that exists there that none of the other towns has. Bentonville's leaders are trying to establish a vital downtown area that promotes this same feel, and kudos to them for making that effort. Fayetteville is established, which helps as well. But I think the feel of Dickson and Fayetteville's downtown is something that cannot be compared to the other three towns. It obviously has a draw to many people. I am from Bentonville originally and just always thought that Fayetteville felt really great (in a community sense). One can get out on foot and feel like they are a part of that community by being outside among others, walking around downtown, sharing in the community, which we just don't see as much elsewhere. There is a definitive atmosphere there that is unique to Fayetteville. I think that's why people have made the trek there in the past for entertainment. And it's true that many in Benton county now don't feel a need to go south for entertainment or dinner, and that's great for those towns, that they have what they need to sustain a nightlife. I just think there are those that like the way F'ville feels and will always go because it is unique. I don't go to Benton county for entertainment either, even though my whole family is there. Chain restaurants are not my thing, and that's another difference between the two areas. And perhaps I am less interested in Benton county because i grew up there. I just think it's an interesting contrast between the areas.

I agree with you 100%, Girl! And btw, my middle daughter works at Sassafrass. She will be glad you liked it.

I agree with you 100%, Girl! And btw, my middle daughter works at Sassafrass. She will be glad you liked it.

Wow! I also am old old friends with some folks that work there at Sassafras! Neat! I do genuinely think that they have some of the best food in NWA. And there is still care taken to make dining special and important. Service is always great there. Tell her they're doing great work- :)

Here is a list again of all of the new restaurants in NWA for the past year to year and a half. Feel free to add to this if you know of any not on my list

Hawgtown Pizza Bentonville Completed

Lin's Chinese Garden Bentonville Completed

Slim Chickens Rogers Completed

Hot Dog Alley Bentonville Completed

Church's Chicken Rogers Completed

Far East Chinese Takeout Rogers Completed

Haagen Dazs Fayetteville Completed (Train Depot Development)

Gloria Jean's Gourment Coffee Fayetteville Completed (Train Depot Development)

Fuddrucker's Rogers Completed

Zaxby's Bentonville Completed

San Francisco Bread Company Bentonville Completed

Jammin Java Bentonville Completed

Starbucks Fayetteville Completed (Joyce & College)

Starbucks Fayetteville Rumor (6th Street)

Starbucks Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Starbucks Rogers Completed(Pinnacle Hills Blvd.)

Starbucks Rogers Completed (Walnut & 47th)

Starbucks Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Starbucks Bentonville Under Construction (Infront of La Quinta at Walton & J Street)

Starbucks Lowell Rumored (Highway 264 & 71-B)

Taco Bueno Fayetteville Completed

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Rogers Completed

Royal Donut Company Bentonville Completed

Honey Baked Ham Bentonville Completed

Kosmos Greek Cafe Fayetteville Completed

McDonald's Centerton Completed

McDonald's Greenland Completed

McDonald's Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Bella Arti (Fancy Italian Place) Rogers Completed

Oscar's Prime Rib Rogers Completed

The Icehouse Bentonville Completed

Java Junction Bentonville Completed

The Sanctuary Bentonville Completed

TGI Friday's Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Bentonville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Springdale Under Construction

Bojangles Bentonville Under Construction

Shrimpan's Yacht at the Inn Marina Bella Vista Completed

Shogun Steakhouse/Wasabi Fayetteville Completed (Downtown Location off Dickson St.)

Fish City Grill Rogers Not Done

Bubba Kool Chill Zone Bentonville Completed

Bonefish Grill Rogers Completed

Carraba's Italian Grill Rogers Completed

Sullivan's Steakhouse Rogers Not Done (Pinnacle Promenade)

Mimi's Cafe Rogers Under Construction (Pinnacle Promenade)

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Fish City Grill Rogers Under Construction (Pinnacle Promenade)

Haagen-Dazs Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Subway Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Chinese Gourmet Express Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

DQ/Orange Julius Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Great American Cookie Company Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Sbarro Rogers Completed (Pinnacle Promenade)

Whole Hog Cafe Bentonville Completed

McAlister Sandwiches Bentonville Completed

Steak N' Shake Fayetteville Completed

South Walton Suites Pizza Rest. Bentonville Completed

Boi D' Ouro Fayetteville Completed

Mama Fu's Asian House Bentonville Completed

Moe's Southwest Grill Bentonville Completed

Zaxby's Fayetteville Not Done (Off 6th Street)

Western Sizzlin Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

East Buffet (Chinese or Mongolian) Fayetteville Completed

Popeye's Siloam Springs Completed

Popeye's Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

Marble Slab Creamery Fayetteville Not Done (Nelson's Crossing)

Arby's Fayetteville Completed (Near the Mall)

Marketplace Express Rogers Completed

Sizzler Springdale Completed

Ribcrib Rogers Completed

Ribcrib Fayetteville Not Done

Ribcrib Springdale Not Done

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Bentonville Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Springdale Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Fayetteville Not Done

Backyard Burgers Rogers Completed

Popeye's Springdale Almost Done (2nd Springdale Location)

Taco Bell Fayetteville Not Done

Taco Bell Fayetteville Not Done

Subway Rogers Almost Done (Tuscany Square)

Boston Gourmet Pizza Bentonville Not Done

Acropolis (Greek Restaurant) Bentonville Completed

Domino's Pizza Rogers Not Done

China Buffett Fayetteville Not Done

Palm Noodle Bar Lowell Under Construction

Kobe Steakhouse Fayetteville Not Done (Old Pizza Inn Location)

Zaxby's Springdale Under Construction (Maple & Thompson)

Bella Napoli Bentonville Completed

Red Lobster Rogers (Rumored to be coming, no official statements yet)

The Crowne Pub Fayetteville Open

Chili's Springdale Under Construction

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill Springdale Under Construction

Seafood Market Bar & Grill Fayetteville Completed

Pig-N-Whistle BBQ Fayetteville Under Construction

Popeye's Fayetteville Under Construction (Off 6th Street)

Jo Jovines Coffee Bistro Bentonville Under Construction

Look at all that fast food. The freshman 15 just became the freshman 30 at UA.

That comment doesn't make sense. That's a list of 97 new restaurants... I counted roughly 27 fast food places leaving 70 new full service sit-down restaurants, pizza parlors, coffee/dessert shops and miscellaneous "non-fast food" establishments. Impressive would be an understatement.

That comment doesn't make sense. That's a list of 97 new restaurants... I counted roughly 27 fast food places leaving 70 new full service sit-down restaurants, pizza parlors, coffee/dessert shops and miscellaneous "non-fast food" establishments. Impressive would be an understatement.

Apork. probably mentioned that, because most of the fast food restuarants on the list are in Fayetteville.

Hawaiian Restaurant?

Please explain, I haven't heard about this one.

I believe it's next to the new Sears outlet store on south Walton before Rainbow curve...Someone's name (made up?) is the name of the restaurant, and the signage above the door is in pastel colors reminescent of something one might see in Miami (or ostensibly Honolulu).

Hope the food's good, and hope it does well in that location.

I believe it's next to the new Sears outlet store on south Walton before Rainbow curve...Someone's name (made up?) is the name of the restaurant, and the signage above the door is in pastel colors reminescent of something one might see in Miami (or ostensibly Honolulu).

Hope the food's good, and hope it does well in that location.

I'll take a swing over there sometime this weekend.

Archived