Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I didn't realize it but I guess the Seafood Market Bar & Grill opened up last weekend. Guess I didn't know they had opened up yet at the former Bourbon Boys location. I wonder if they finally removed the big oven. I know the Bourbon Boys left if from Dadoo's because they said it would cost too much money to try to find a way to remove it from that location. Apparently it's made to look like an outdoor fish market.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize it but I guess the Seafood Market Bar & Grill opened up last weekend. Guess I didn't know they had opened up yet at the former Bourbon Boys location. I wonder if they finally removed the big oven. I know the Bourbon Boys left if from Dadoo's because they said it would cost too much money to try to find a way to remove it from that location. Apparently it's made to look like an outdoor fish market.

I saw a Seafood Market sign briefly while on Dickson St. yesterday. I didn't get a look at the building, but it was a sign I had never seen before. I'll have to see what it looks like up close.

I haven't figured out if they're doing this because this new pizza was a flop or if a lot of people just like the old deal. It doesn't sound like they totally did away with the new pizzas.

I think the new pizzas are quite a bit better. Hopefully they'll still be available. You can get one of the new-stlye large pizzas for $7 if you pick it up yourself.

Though for really good pizza in Fayetteville I like Guido's and sometimes Tim's. Pizza Parlour in Springdale is good too.

That's awesome. I really like Popeye's.

I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about it. I've been too lazy to drive up to Springdale to try it. I'm just waiting till they finally build the one here.

I think the new pizzas are quite a bit better. Hopefully they'll still be available. You can get one of the new-stlye large pizzas for $7 if you pick it up yourself.

From everything I've heard you'll be able to still get the new pizzas. Unless almost everyone goes back to the old pizzas I don't think they'll stop continuing the new pizzas.

I saw a Seafood Market sign briefly while on Dickson St. yesterday. I didn't get a look at the building, but it was a sign I had never seen before. I'll have to see what it looks like up close.

Crap, I was just down there and I forgot to look. I was focusing on just the BBB festival.

Though for really good pizza in Fayetteville I like Guido's and sometimes Tim's. Pizza Parlour in Springdale is good too.

Best pizza in Fayetteville is Cable Car...hands down..its on the corner of mission and crossover.

Best pizza in Fayetteville is Cable Car...hands down..its on the corner of mission and crossover.

Honestly, I prefer U.S. Pizza. Cable Car puts on a ton of toppings but it is always undercooked and served up by slackers.

I wish we had an Indian restaurant here. I understand that at some point we are going to get a Star of India from Little Rock here. Not the same one that used to be in Springdale and then Rogers. They are a great restaurant, if you like Indian.

Honestly, I prefer U.S. Pizza. Cable Car puts on a ton of toppings but it is always undercooked and served up by slackers.

I wish we had an Indian restaurant here. I understand that at some point we are going to get a Star of India from Little Rock here. Not the same one that used to be in Springdale and then Rogers. They are a great restaurant, if you like Indian.

Yeah I've always heard pretty good things about US Pizza as well. And on your other note, I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been another Indian restaurant show up somewhere in NWA. You'd certainly think there's enough people around to support something like that.

On another note I saw the Crown Pub was open. I was mainly just trying to take pics of BBB and worry about taking pics of other things like upcoming developments some other time. But hey I ended up right near it so I figured I'd take a pic. Not sure where their awning went. I'm also guessing that's not their permanent sign either. Guess they still got some work left to do. I thought it was interesting that they also have seating on top as well.

bbb06fs9.jpg

I Googled Oxford Street and all I could find was bad reviews of the restaurant, but I found great info about Oxford Street shopping district in London! :lol:

I think I figured it out this morning. While driving down 635 in Dallas, I came across a couple of Steak & Ale locations, and the one I could see up close was the exact same design of our Oxford Street restaurant. It must have been built as a Steak & Ale and closed, to be opened by a local restaurant named Oxford Street. I'll have to mention it to my aunt... she'll know. She's lived in that area of Shreveport most of her life, so she'll most likely know.

On another note I saw the Crown Pub was open. I was mainly just trying to take pics of BBB and worry about taking pics of other things like upcoming developments some other time. But hey I ended up right near it so I figured I'd take a pic. Not sure where their awning went. I'm also guessing that's not their permanent sign either. Guess they still got some work left to do. I thought it was interesting that they also have seating on top as well.

bbb06fs9.jpg

Did you go in it?

Did you go in it?

No, the only time I was able to get on the other side of the street was way down by the university and I didn't feel like trying with all the crowds. I'll check it out some other time. I'll have to ask around too and see if any friends or coworkers know anything about it. I did notice a neon Budweiser sign on one of the side windows. So any British theme might be rather minimal.

Nothing raw that I know of, but yes, lot's of organics, etc. They have a lot of bison (better for you than regular beef) and their meat is all organic, no additives, that sort of thing. There is a superb cheesecake app that has mushrooms and a crust and it's to die for. Sort of like Borsin or something. I am a big fan of the cuban black bean salad too. I'm not heavily into organics, but I know the owners and I've been eating the chef's food for 15 years (grew up with him), so I am a bit biased, but it truly is very well done. I love the local eateries and I am very eager for them to succeed.

Nothing raw that I know of, but yes, lot's of organics, etc. They have a lot of bison (better for you than regular beef) and their meat is all organic, no additives, that sort of thing. There is a superb cheesecake app that has mushrooms and a crust and it's to die for. Sort of like Borsin or something. I am a big fan of the cuban black bean salad too. I'm not heavily into organics, but I know the owners and I've been eating the chef's food for 15 years (grew up with him), so I am a bit biased, but it truly is very well done. I love the local eateries and I am very eager for them to succeed.

I had wondered if it was all vegetarian or not. It is nice to see some of the locals succeed.

Archived