Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I'm not sure if this is new info or not... it was new to me... I hadn't heard anything about a Starbucks in Lowell...

Yesterday a person related to the new retail building next to Arby's at 264 & Dixieland confirmed that a Starbucks is going in the building; it will not have a drive thru. No ETA.

The center two retail spaces in the building now have "coming soon" signs for Domino's Pizza and Cingular.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this is new info or not... it was new to me... I hadn't heard anything about a Starbucks in Lowell...

Yesterday a person related to the new retail building next to Arby's at 264 & Dixieland confirmed that a Starbucks is going in the building; it will not have a drive thru. No ETA.

The center two retail spaces in the building now have "coming soon" signs for Domino's Pizza and Cingular.

It's been rumored. One of our forumers listed it as a potential site for a Starbucks. It's a great location for one though. Benton County will have 5 Starbucks by October. If I could, I would call the developer and ask him what's up with it.

Well, maybe you all will believe my rumors next time around. Watch for a new location in Bentonville next to La Quinta and on New Hope Road on an outparcel of Home Depot in Rogers next.

Also, the Promenade Starbucks will be one of the largest stores in NWA with exception to the original Bentonville cafe style store. I took a look at it this morning and it is going to be a nice spot with a huge patio.

Well, maybe you all will believe my rumors next time around. Watch for a new location in Bentonville next to La Quinta and on New Hope Road on an outparcel of Home Depot in Rogers next.

Also, the Promenade Starbucks will be one of the largest stores in NWA with exception to the original Bentonville cafe style store. I took a look at it this morning and it is going to be a nice spot with a huge patio.

cwsoot...heard any rumors about a Benton County Olive Garden lately? (hope, hope :shades: )

The best northern Italian food I've had south of Chicago is a 45 minute drive away and it's soooo worth the drive. Ermilio's in Eureka Springs is affordable, unpretentious atmosphere, simple food, and VERY good. Their menu is posted on the web at ermilios. com. Every one of the appetizers is great and every entree including the daily specials has been excellent. Saturday is lasagna night. Their Italian cream cake is my favorite dessert.

Ermilio's has some quirky availability so make sure you call ahead before making the drive. They don't open until 5pm, they close for a week in early September, and they close for a month before Valentines Day. Expect to wait 30-90 minutes for a table if you go on Friday or Saturday and no- they don't take reservations. I went last Sunday and they sat 6 of us immediately.

Trust me if you like northern Italians you will begin making the drive to Eureka every few months.

(DeVito's in Eureka does lots of marketing but they are a poor substitution for Ermilio's... don't be fooled. I

Has anyone heard anymore about one going into the old Long John Silver building here in Fayetteville? I don't know if we really need another Starbucks but I'd like to see something go in there.

Yeah I would have to think that one will show up sometime in the near future.

I'm pretty sure it's Starbucks. It was already confirmed that a coffee shop was coming into that building. Arsaga's already said no about it, and everyone else in the coffee brewing business of Fayetteville said it's Starbucks.

I'm pretty sure it's Starbucks. It was already confirmed that a coffee shop was coming into that building. Arsaga's already said no about it, and everyone else in the coffee brewing business of Fayetteville said it's Starbucks.

I guess I've just been wondering because so far I can't tell anything has happened there. Last time I drove by the lease sign was still up.

Driving by Dickson this evening I noticed that the new Shogun has opened. It is actually called Wasabi. Seems like a good time to open a restaurant, hopefully the staff is prepared for the busiest week of the year. I hope to give it a try sometime soon.

I had wondered when it was going to open. For some reason I didn't think it was going to open for a little bit longer. Yeah I saw the wasabi name. I figured it was the name of their 'express' type restaurants but I wasn't sure. I didn't figure another Japanese restaurant was going to go in right next to it. I need to get down to Dickson, I haven't been down there for a while. But BBB is about to start now. Although maybe some BBB pics might be interesting as well.

NWA could use a Steak n' Ale..........The one here in Springfield has been a favorite for many. It's normally in bigger cities but I think that NWA could use one.

I've heard of them, never been to one. But I have wondered if they might consider an area like ours.

NWA could use a Steak n' Ale..........The one here in Springfield has been a favorite for many. It's normally in bigger cities but I think that NWA could use one.

Fayetteville does have a Steak N Shake. Benton County needs one desperately.

I've eaten at the one in Springfield off Campbell St, quite good and fast service. Yet traffic was awful on Campbell seeing as how the power had gone out with the traffic lights.

You guys have 5 locations, I'm so jealous. :P

Fayetteville does have a Steak N Shake. Benton County needs one desperately.

I've eaten at the one in Springfield off Campbell St, quite good and fast service. Yet traffic was awful on Campbell seeing as how the power had gone out with the traffic lights.

You guys have 5 locations, I'm so jealous. :P

Steak and Ale, not Steak and Shake. You guys in NWA sure like it casual.

The whole Steak and Ale chain is dwindling. The only one in Little Rock closed and down here in Texas where they're commonplace they are gradually fading. It used to be all the rage back in the 1970s but they have so much competition these days. I still love that black bread, though. I don't know that they would even consider going into new markets these days.

I know nothing about Steak & Ale... just heard of it.

But I LOVE Steak & Shake and am very jealous of how many midwestern cities have them. DFW has some as well... if I recall there's one by Grapevine Mills. Since I'm staying in Grapevine this weekend I'll refamiliarize myself. :D It's been 2 years since I've been to Grapevine.

Anyway, back on topic... I hate to hear of any restaurant chain fading away but it does happen. I hate it more when it's a chain I've never had a chance to try!! :unsure:

Whooops, my fault. I got post happy.

I've never heard of that chain before, I guess it was before my day.

They all have tudor-style architecture. The one in LR is in Riverdale and probably closed about two years ago. I bet you drove by it before and just didn't notice. They're all over Dallas. They had decent steaks and excellent prime rib.

They all have tudor-style architecture. The one in LR is in Riverdale and probably closed about two years ago. I bet you drove by it before and just didn't notice. They're all over Dallas. They had decent steaks and excellent prime rib.

I would like to see an Old Enlish type of restaurant, hopefully we'll get one.

I would like to see an Old Enlish type of restaurant, hopefully we'll get one.

I want the owners of the Rogue's Manor in Eureka Springs to open one here. They're also adding onto the Castle Rogue's Manor, which will be quite a marvel when completed. I haven't been there but from what I've seen on their website it's incredible. Imagine a pseudo-castle built entirely of site-milled trees from the "Northern Arkansas region (black walnut and aromatic Arkansas red cedar) complemented by salvaged redwood burl and Douglas fir from the North West." You need to see for yourself to believe.

Check out their website at http://www.roguesmanor.com/

There is still one here in Tulsa. I tried it about 2 weeks ago, and it was pretty good. It is not the cheapest place but they do have a decent steak and salad bar.

I'd love to know how much business they lost changing the 2fer and 3fer deals. :D

I haven't figured out if they're doing this because this new pizza was a flop or if a lot of people just like the old deal. It doesn't sound like they totally did away with the new pizzas.

Archived