Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

My husband took me to Carabbas tonight for my birthday. I was not disappointed. I have 3 words for you: Pollo Maria Rosa. Oh my gosh, it was the absolute best chicken I have ever had in my life! No kidding. You know how sometimes you walk into a place (like Marketplace in Springdale), and there's this wonderful smokey, mesqite or hickory smell......and you just want to eat whatever it is that tastes like that? Pollo Maria Rosa. It's chicken stuffed with fontina cheese and proscuitto, marinated, smoke grilled, covered in sauteed mushrooms and lemon basil garlic butter sauce. We loved the bread which is served almost as soon as you sit down, as well as the pasta hagioli (sp?) soup. The service was decent; drinks, bread, appetizer, soup and salad were brought in quick succession, but then we did have to wait a while for the entree.

It's a little pricey - $56.00 for the two of us including tax and 20% tip, but that covered a bruschetta appetizer, soft drinks, soup, salad, bread, chicken for me, and a huge steak for hubby.

I'll be hitting the gym first thing tomorrow morning; I don't think even my fat pants will fit now. :D

Thanks for letting us know. I haven't ever been to a Carrabbas.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really love to see a Dave & Buster's here in NWA. And I would love to see The Cheesecake Factory here too but that's not going to happen anytime soon. And the same goes for Dave & Buster's too. -_-

Tell me about it. I still hope to see one or the other in Little Rock eventually but I don't know how it would happen. Dave and Buster's got started in Little Rock and the owners lived there for many years, so I hope that would influence them to bring one into town.

Here's an odd link that has some reviews on some restaurants in the area. From what I've seen they seem to focus more on Fayetteville and Washington County. But I haven't checked everything so there could be some Benton County locations in there. From what I've seen they do seem to pick the more obscure places instead of the more well known restaurants.

http://www.lunchtour.com/wp/2006/07/27/lok...amily-fun-park/

Here's an odd link that has some reviews on some restaurants in the area. From what I've seen they seem to focus more on Fayetteville and Washington County. But I haven't checked everything so there could be some Benton County locations in there. From what I've seen they do seem to pick the more obscure places instead of the more well known restaurants.

http://www.lunchtour.com/wp/2006/07/27/lok...amily-fun-park/

I love the review of Lokomotion Family Fun Park! It's as if the reviewer took the words right out of my mouth, but that's nothing new as Lokomotion has only been getting worse over the several years that I've been patronizing them. The only reason I go there is for the mini-golf and when my son is old enough for the go-karts.

Okay, I've compiled a list of all the restaurant development in NWA for the past year and half or so. If you guys have anymore feel free to add to it.

Hawgtown Pizza Bentonville Completed

Lin's Chinese Garden Bentonville Completed

Slim Chickens Rogers Completed

Hot Dog Alley Bentonville Completed

Church's Chicken Rogers Completed

Far East Chinese Takeout Rogers Completed

Haagen Dazs Fayetteville Not Done (Train Depot Development)

Gloria Jean's Gourment Coffee Fayetteville Not Done (Train Depot Development)

Fuddrucker's Rogers Completed

Zaxby's Bentonville Completed

San Francisco Bread Company Bentonville Completed

Jammin Java Bentonville Completed

Starbucks Fayetteville Completed (Joyce & College)

Starbucks Fayetteville Rumor (6th Street)

Starbucks Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Starbucks Rogers Almost open (Pinnacle Hills Blvd.)

Starbucks Rogers Almost open (Walnut & 47th)

Starbucks Rogers Not Done (Pinnacle Promenade)

Taco Bueno Fayetteville Completed

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Rogers Completed

Royal Donut Company Bentonville Completed

Honey Baked Ham Bentonville Completed

Kosmos Greek Cafe Fayetteville Completed

McDonald's Centerton Completed

McDonald's Greenland Completed

McDonald's Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Bella Arti (Fancy Italian Place) Rogers Completed

Oscar's Prime Rib Rogers Completed

The Icehouse Bentonville Completed

Java Junction Bentonville Completed

The Sanctuary Bentonville Completed

TGI Friday's Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Bentonville Completed

Bojangles Bentonville Not Done

Shrimpan's Yacht at the Inn Marina Bella Vista Completed

Shogun Steakhouse Fayetteville Not Done (Downtown Location)

Fish City Grill Rogers Not Done

Bubba Kool Chill Zone Bentonville Completed

Sullivan's Steakhouse Rogers Not Done

Bonefish Grill Rogers Almost Open

Carraba's Italian Grill Rogers Completed

Mimi's Cafe Rogers Not Done

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro Rogers Not Done

Whole Hog Cafe Bentonville Completed

McAlister Sandwiches Bentonville Completed

Steak N' Shake Fayetteville Completed

South Walton Suites Pizza Rest. Bentonville Completed

Boi D' Ouro Fayetteville Completed

Mama Fu's Asian House Bentonville Completed

Moe's Southwest Grill Bentonville Completed

Zaxby's Fayetteville Not Done

Western Sizzlin Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

East Buffet (Chinese or Mongolian) Fayetteville Completed

Popeye's Siloam Springs Completed

Popeye's Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

Marble Slab Creamery Fayetteville Not Done (Nelson's Crossing)

Arby's Fayetteville Completed (Near the Mall)

Marketplace Express Rogers Completed

Sizzler Springdale Completed

Ribcrib Rogers Completed

Ribcrib Fayetteville Not Done

Ribcrib Springdale Not Done

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Bentonville Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Springdale Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Fayetteville Not Done

Backyard Burgers Rogers Completed

Popeye's Springdale Almost Done (2nd Springdale Location)

Taco Bell Fayetteville Not Done

Subway Rogers Almost Done (Tuscany Square)

Subway Rogers Not Done (Pinnacle Promeande)

Boston Gourmet Pizza Bentonville Not Done

Acropolis (Greek Restaurant) Bentonville Completed

Domino's Pizza Rogers Not Done

China Buffett Fayetteville Not Done

Okay, I've compiled a list of all the restaurant development in NWA for the past year and half or so. If you guys have anymore feel free to add to it.

Hawgtown Pizza Bentonville Completed

Lin's Chinese Garden Bentonville Completed

Slim Chickens Rogers Completed

Hot Dog Alley Bentonville Completed

Church's Chicken Rogers Completed

Far East Chinese Takeout Rogers Completed

Haagen Dazs Fayetteville Not Done (Train Depot Development)

Gloria Jean's Gourment Coffee Fayetteville Not Done (Train Depot Development)

Fuddrucker's Rogers Completed

Zaxby's Bentonville Completed

San Francisco Bread Company Bentonville Completed

Jammin Java Bentonville Completed

Starbucks Fayetteville Completed (Joyce & College)

Starbucks Fayetteville Rumor (6th Street)

Starbucks Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Starbucks Rogers Almost open (Pinnacle Hills Blvd.)

Starbucks Rogers Almost open (Walnut & 47th)

Starbucks Rogers Not Done (Pinnacle Promenade)

Taco Bueno Fayetteville Completed

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Rogers Completed

Royal Donut Company Bentonville Completed

Honey Baked Ham Bentonville Completed

Kosmos Greek Cafe Fayetteville Completed

McDonald's Centerton Completed

McDonald's Greenland Completed

McDonald's Rogers Completed (Pleasant Grove Rd.)

Bella Arti (Fancy Italian Place) Rogers Completed

Oscar's Prime Rib Rogers Completed

The Icehouse Bentonville Completed

Java Junction Bentonville Completed

The Sanctuary Bentonville Completed

TGI Friday's Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Fayetteville Completed

Buffalo Wild Wings Bentonville Completed

Bojangles Bentonville Not Done

Shrimpan's Yacht at the Inn Marina Bella Vista Completed

Shogun Steakhouse Fayetteville Not Done (Downtown Location)

Fish City Grill Rogers Not Done

Bubba Kool Chill Zone Bentonville Completed

Sullivan's Steakhouse Rogers Not Done

Bonefish Grill Rogers Almost Open

Carraba's Italian Grill Rogers Completed

Mimi's Cafe Rogers Not Done

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro Rogers Not Done

Whole Hog Cafe Bentonville Completed

McAlister Sandwiches Bentonville Completed

Steak N' Shake Fayetteville Completed

South Walton Suites Pizza Rest. Bentonville Completed

Boi D' Ouro Fayetteville Completed

Mama Fu's Asian House Bentonville Completed

Moe's Southwest Grill Bentonville Completed

Zaxby's Fayetteville Not Done

Western Sizzlin Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

East Buffet (Chinese or Mongolian) Fayetteville Completed

Popeye's Siloam Springs Completed

Popeye's Fayetteville Not Done (6th Street)

Marble Slab Creamery Fayetteville Not Done (Nelson's Crossing)

Arby's Fayetteville Completed (Near the Mall)

Marketplace Express Rogers Completed

Sizzler Springdale Completed

Ribcrib Rogers Completed

Ribcrib Fayetteville Not Done

Ribcrib Springdale Not Done

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Bentonville Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Springdale Completed

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake Pizza Fayetteville Not Done

Backyard Burgers Rogers Completed

Popeye's Springdale Almost Done (2nd Springdale Location)

Subway Rogers Almost Done (Tuscany Square)

Subway Rogers Not Done (Pinnacle Promeande)

Boston Gourmet Pizza Bentonville Not Done

Acropolis (Greek Restaurant) Bentonville Completed

Domino's Pizza Rogers Not Done

China Buffett Fayetteville Not Done

:shok: :shok:

You see what I mean? You guys have WAY more going on than most metros your size. This is just an amazing list. The closest I've seen my area come to that was when King's Crossing, Shoppes at Bellemead, and Louisiana Boardwalk all opened within a year of one another.

I hate that I didn't get a chance to make it up your way this year like I'd hoped. There's always next year, though. I'll have to try and con one of my bosses to fly me up there in the company plane sometime when a trip up there is scheduled. :D

Interesting Outback Information:

The proprietor of the Outback in Springdale has been relieved of his ownership from Outback Inc. He was the original starter of the Springdale Outback and worked in the first Outback Restaurant in Florida nad worked his way up the chain from dishwasher to Propietor. He is now a managing partner of Hog Haus in Fayetteville.

He was instrumental in getting the outback in Rogers, Carraba's in Rogers, and the soon to be opened Bonefish in Roger's off the ground. A professional guy all around and he will be missed and is a loss for Outback Corporation.

I guess that Outback has a right to renew contracts with owners and chose to move towards another direction.

If you know Mark stop by and see him at Hog Haus and say hello, I sure will be doning that.

Thanks

Interesting Outback Information:

The proprietor of the Outback in Springdale has been relieved of his ownership from Outback Inc. He was the original starter of the Springdale Outback and worked in the first Outback Restaurant in Florida nad worked his way up the chain from dishwasher to Propietor. He is now a managing partner of Hog Haus in Fayetteville.

He was instrumental in getting the outback in Rogers, Carraba's in Rogers, and the soon to be opened Bonefish in Roger's off the ground. A professional guy all around and he will be missed and is a loss for Outback Corporation.

I guess that Outback has a right to renew contracts with owners and chose to move towards another direction.

If you know Mark stop by and see him at Hog Haus and say hello, I sure will be doning that.

Thanks

Wweird, well I guess it's to Hog Haus' advantage. I keep hearing different info on how it's doing. Considering it and the previous pub you'd think that with that location they wouldn't have any problems.

Here's some interesting news. Bordino's recently received an Award for Excellence for it's wine selection from Wine Spectator. Wine Spectator happens to be a pretty nice wine magazine too, this isn't some award from some wine magazine no one has ever heard of. I really don't know how many restaurants get this award but still it's nice to see an area restaurant get recognized by a magazine like this.

Does anyone know if Tony Catroppa's Liquor permit was approved?

Yeah it was. I heard a little about that. It sounded like there were a number of people not happy with that including the police. Not sure why the police were against it. I didn't hear any details. I got the impression they just moved his liquor license from one of his other places.

Yeah it was. I heard a little about that. It sounded like there were a number of people not happy with that including the police. Not sure why the police were against it. I didn't hear any details. I got the impression they just moved his liquor license from one of his other places.

The Police were probably against it, because they're called to Catropa's other business's "Gentlemen's Club" etc.. every other night.

Does NWA have a Zio's Italian Kithchen? If not you guys would love it.....It is actually out of Tulsa but they have restuarants in Dallas, KC, Houston, OKC, Springfield, Whichita......... It's been here in Springfield for about 5-6 years and has become a favorite for many Springfieldians. IMO it is way better than Carrabas, Tony Romas.....and any other big Itailan chain. The setup and design is great, you definatley feel as though your in a real Italian Kitchen. Oh, and there wine bar is phenomenale!

Here is a photo if you need a visual:

zio1.jpg

I LOVE ZIO's! My husband and I have been saying for years that we need one here. Great Italian food, decent atmosphere, substantial quantities, at very low prices. If you don't have a problem with sharing a meal, two people can easily share a big bowl of pasta, and eat for less than $10 total. My only problem with the place is that my husband loves the chicken pomodoro, but it makes him smell like a big bulb of garlic for 2 days afterwards, lol!

If and when we do get a ZIO's, it will be a huge hit.

Zio's is based out of Tulsa. Ken Mazzio is the founder. Yes, the same Mazzio as Mazzio's pizza. The place in Tulsa makes a killing. It is very similar to Johnny Carino's in my opinion.

It sounds interesting. Considering it seems to be somewhat local you'd think that maybe they'd decide to put one somewhere in NWA in the near future.

Apparently Pepper Jack's in Bentonville is closing. It sounds like it was still doing okay but that he had been made an offer he couldn't refuse from his neighbors Sushi King and Kennedy's coffee. Sounds like both will expand and take up where Pepper Jacks is currently.

Archived