Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I had heard Blue Water Cafe here in Fayetteville was the largest restaurant, seating-wise in NWA. But that was a while back. Has anyone heard anything differently?

Blue Water Cafe? I don't want to step on your toes, but are you talking about Cool Water on College Ave? If not, I have never heard of that place let me know where it is.

According to the hotel, Boston's will take the place of Bobbi Sox and there will be revamping of that section. The opening is now scheduled for November. It will be on the left side of the building.

What article did you find that in? If it's true it'll be the first for Boston's and also the smallest Boston's so far. I wonder why they'd even bother with it.

Nevermind. I just found an article dated from Februrary that says Boston's will replace Bobbisox. BTW, is 6,500 square-feet and seating for 200 large for a restaurant? It doesn't sound that large, especially having 2 seperate restaurants under the same roof.

PDF Link: Pizza Chain To Replace Club - Morning News

Nice article in today's Northwest Arkansas Times about the new Shogun here in Fayetteville. John Pak the owner says he hopes to make this the number one restaurant in Arkansas. They apparently designed the building taking in account the great view to the south. There will be a large expanse of glass used on the southern side of the restaurant. Sounds like there will even be a Japanese garden built next to the restaurant as well. There will also be a flight of stairs leading to a sky bar. This location will be Pak's flagship restaurant. He also owns Shogun locations in Bentonville, Branson and Mesa, AZ.

I like the one in Little Rock but haven't been there in years. Good family restaurant.

To be honest I've never been to another Shogun outside the one here in Fayetteville. I am glad though they are finally moving to a nicer location. It just seems odd to have a restaurant like that attached to that particulat shopping center. It also seemed to take quite a long time to get this done, this new location has been talked about a couple of years now it seems. But it is nice that this will apparently be the flagship restaurant that this guy owns.

Nice article in today's Northwest Arkansas Times about the new Shogun here in Fayetteville. John Pak the owner says he hopes to make this the number one restaurant in Arkansas. They apparently designed the building taking in account the great view to the south. There will be a large expanse of glass used on the southern side of the restaurant. Sounds like there will even be a Japanese garden built next to the restaurant as well. There will also be a flight of stairs leading to a sky bar. This location will be Pak's flagship restaurant. He also owns Shogun locations in Bentonville, Branson and Mesa, AZ.

That does sound like it will be a spectacular restaurant. I like the idea of the Japanese Garden next to it.

Of all the restaurants opening over the next few months I was thrilled to see MiMi's cafe. With the corporate force of Benton County it has shocked me that a restaurant with a breakfast-lunch or brunch focus hasn't opened in NWA, particularly Bentonville. I've often hoped to hear of First Watch coming to Walton blvd near WMHQ. But MiMi's at Pinnacle Promenade will be a welcome addition.

NWA.com]Inside Northwest Arkansas

Of all the restaurants opening over the next few months I was thrilled to see MiMi's cafe. With the corporate force of Benton County it has shocked me that a restaurant with a breakfast-lunch or brunch focus hasn't opened in NWA, particularly Bentonville. I've often hoped to hear of First Watch coming to Walton blvd near WMHQ. But MiMi's at Pinnacle Promenade will be a welcome addition.

Hey welcome to the forum sdittrich. I'm a bit like you. I've been a little surprised at the lack of breakfast options. Granted I live doen here in Fayetteville and not up there in Benton County. By the way your second link doesn't appear to be working for me. Anyway nice to see some new faces around here. Feel free to join in on the topics. :D

Is Mimi's pretty good? There's one in West LR and I hadn't hear much about it except that the food was good. If its more of a breakfast place I'll have to try it, it's nice to have something besides Denny's or IHOP for that.

I had a late lunch at the one in Tulsa the other day and I enjoyed the food and the surroundings. They'll also serve well for the dinner crowd, too.

Is Mimi's pretty good? There's one in West LR and I hadn't hear much about it except that the food was good. If its more of a breakfast place I'll have to try it, it's nice to have something besides Denny's or IHOP for that.

There was an article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette mentioning the new Starbuck's here in Fayetteville. It mentioned it will be only the 3rd store out of their 11,000 stores to havethis particular decorative scheme.

Fish City Grill coming to Pinnacle Hills Fall 2006

In today's Dem Gazette page 4f there is an announcment of this "Hot New Concept" Fish City Grill coming to Pinncale Hills. They are looking for experienced kitchen managers.

The website is http://www.fishcitygrill.com

They have locations in the Dallas area and have some new ones coming soon. NW AR is not on there but it is in the paper.

Apparently the new Starbucks is open here in Fayetteville. Everyone seems to be making a really big deal about it. I have nothing against Starbucks but I'm not quite seeing why everyone is making that big of a deal about it. It's not like we didn't have any coffeeshops already. Granted Starbucks may have some things the local coffeeshops don't. But I imagine that works both ways as well.

Although not development news, Eureka Pizza is changing their formula of "buy one, get two free" and when asked about it "the Eureka folks say they are gonna add more toppings and make a better pie."

Why change a successful formula?

I could be wrong but I guess I thought they'd still offer the old deal on their regular style pizzas but also try to offer this newer 'gourmet' pizza also. But that was just the impression I got.

I could be wrong but I guess I thought they'd still offer the old deal on their regular style pizzas but also try to offer this newer 'gourmet' pizza also. But that was just the impression I got.

No more free pizza at Eureka Pizza. This is a snippet from the June issue of Fayetteville Free Weekly back cover ad:

We now offer single pizza pricing; getting the right amount of pizzas saves you money and there's no waste- you can buy 1, 2, 3, 4 or 1,000 pizzas- your choice! Our family-friendly pricing is still the best in town and we challenge you to find a better pizza- at any price- if you don't agree the All New Eureka Pizza is the best pizza in town- we'll refund 100% of your purchase price.

That's pretty clear that the fee pizza deal is gone, but what's this about not being completely satisfied they'll refund 100% of the purchase price! That's sounds like free pizza to me!

Fish City Grill coming to Pinnacle Hills Fall 2006

In today's Dem Gazette page 4f there is an announcment of this "Hot New Concept" Fish City Grill coming to Pinncale Hills. They are looking for experienced kitchen managers.

The website is http://www.fishcitygrill.com

They have locations in the Dallas area and have some new ones coming soon. NW AR is not on there but it is in the paper.

I've ate at one of these. Very good. This will be welcomed well in the area.

No more free pizza at Eureka Pizza. This is a snippet from the June issue of Fayetteville Free Weekly back cover ad:

That's pretty clear that the fee pizza deal is gone, but what's this about not being completely satisfied they'll refund 100% of the purchase price! That's sounds like free pizza to me!

Guess I hadn't noticed. I haven't ordered pizza from them in quite a while. To be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of their pizza. It was okay but I would usually order from someone else. To be honest from my standpoint something like this would make me more interested in trying them out again.

Guess I hadn't noticed. I haven't ordered pizza from them in quite a while. To be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of their pizza. It was okay but I would usually order from someone else. To be honest from my standpoint something like this would make me more interested in trying them out again.

Being a college student, we ordered their pizza all the time. Yeah its not as good as Papa Johns, or other local places, but you couldn't beat the price, and that is all us college folks cared about.

Being a college student, we ordered their pizza all the time. Yeah its not as good as Papa Johns, or other local places, but you couldn't beat the price, and that is all us college folks cared about.

True, it does make you wonder how business with the college kids will be affected. But for all I know maybe their business has been really down for a while and they were looking for something different to attract people back.

The first weekend of the statewide smoking ban went smoothly for area restuarants, but I have a feeling it's going to affect many new restaurants and especially sports bars coming to the area. The restaurants that have done the best business (or at least were willing to comment) over the weekend have outdoor patios where people flocked to even with temperatures in the 100's.

Read about it here... Weekend of smoking ban goes by smoothly - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Archived