Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

Well, Krystal is a fast food burger restaurant that is building 3 locations in Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville.

White Castle only focuses on real large metropolitan areas such as St. Louis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville, Lousiville, Minneapolis, and New York.

Steak N Shake has a location in Fayetteville and is suppose to be building a location in Benton County.

Checkers/Rally's used to have several locations in NWA. I know Rogers used to have one, but it went under. It's now Shakey's, which is extremly popular.

Whataburger would be nice, especially with the large college population in Fayetteville. Fatburger would be cool as well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Krystal is a fast food burger restaurant that is building 3 locations in Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville.

White Castle only focuses on real large metropolitan areas such as St. Louis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville, Lousiville, Minneapolis, and New York.

Steak N Shake has a location in Fayetteville and is suppose to be building a location in Benton County.

Checkers/Rally's used to have several locations in NWA. I know Rogers used to have one, but it went under. It's now Shakey's, which is extremly popular.

Whataburger would be nice, especially with the large college population in Fayetteville. Fatburger would be cool as well.

I guess Krystal is supposed to be much like White Castle... I thought Krystal was another fast food chicken. As for Checkers/Rally's, they still have almost 800 restaurants in operation and I really enjoyed the Checkers thay have in St. Petersburg, FL. But, I do like Shakey's.

Why on earth do we need so many fast food chicken anyway? That seems like over-saturation of a single market. For burgers we still don't have a single Jack-in-the Box, Whattaburger, A&W, White Castle, Checkers/Rally's, Fatburger or Steak 'n Shake. Either everyone seems to think all we eat is chicken up here because of Tyson or everyone thinks we're already too fat for burgers? :lol:

It does seem like a lot. But to be honest I've been a bit surprised there hasn't been more chicken places up here. They might always cut back on their stores if they're halfway in and sales aren't as high as they'd hoped.

It does seem like a lot. But to be honest I've been a bit surprised there hasn't been more chicken places up here. They might always cut back on their stores if they're halfway in and sales aren't as high as they'd hoped.

I see the Popeye's and Church's being built, seeing as how Popeye's is already building their 3rd and 4th locations, and Church's has bought their land.

Zaxby's may not build 11, infact I think some of those are going to Ft. Smith and Van Buuren. But, then again, that could be for 2010 or something like that.

Keep in mind as well the NWA is well behind in it's service and restaurant business. To other sizeable metro's, we have some catching up to do. Washington Co. is a bit farther than Benton County, and Benton County is gaining ground, we still have plenty of room for restaurants up here.

I'm glad Shogun is finally moving to it's new Joyce location. Still not sure what took them so long. In other news looks like Fayetteville is considering changing it's city ordinances to allow more outdoor seating for restaurants. It would be nice to see more restaurants be able to do this along Dickson. Although I don't think all of them have enough sidewalk space and wouldn't be allowed to do this.

When does the Joyce location open?

Also, aren't they looking for a location in Downtown Fayetteville as well?

Yeah they're opening a Shogun Express at the old Benson's location. It won't be a full scale restaurant. More of a sushi place. I believe I heard a Spring 2007 date for the Joyce location. Although technically I don't think it's on Joyce. Being on top of the cliff there will give it some nice views of the city to the south.

Is Bensons Downtown?

It's on Dickson St. Just a bit east of the WAC.

Carrabbas is scheduled to open either August 7th or 8th, but like 80% of sales the first day will be given to a local based charity that is youth oriented!

www.Carrabbas.com has a menu if you have never been...

Thanks for the update. :D

I forgot to mention this earlier. Bourbon Boys is closed down for the moment. Apparently they fell behind on paying their taxes and the state closed them down. But they have assured everyone they will reopen. I haven't heard any timetable released yet. Between them and the former Alligator Ray's, there seems to be a few peoblems over in that area of West just off of Dickson.r

Carrabbas is scheduled to open either August 7th or 8th, but like 80% of sales the first day will be given to a local based charity that is youth oriented!

www.Carrabbas.com has a menu if you have never been...

I haden't realized it was opening so soon.

I'll have to go over there sometime to see how it's progressing.

Why they're waiting that long I don't even know. It looked as though all the kitchen equipment was in place and all that was missing was the food & the workers...

I would suspect that they are still hiring workers.

Bonefish Grill is also going to open in August.

When I peeked through the window by the bar a week or so ago, there was a board that listed what they had hired so far. They were at 20% staff, then.

They are clever. There were menus in a little box outside the entrance

Bourbon Boys has closed just over the last couple of weeks. They had not paid their taxes on alcohol apparently. Then, I guess I heard yesterday, that they were getting ready to open back up. So hopefully that is true. I like their half priced hamburgers on Monday nights.

When I peeked through the window by the bar a week or so ago, there was a board that listed what they had hired so far. They were at 20% staff, then.
Yeah, I noticed the cork board with pics on it. As far as that being the reason for the delayed opening I doubt it. I couldn't see it taking a month to hire the other 80%. I also doubt it but it may be that the management is waiting for dust to settle. One manager is currently moving his family from Memphis & the main manager is moving from Boston. Like I said, that's not likely but still about as plausible as taking a month to hire wait & cook staff. Also when I arrived there where 2 - 3 people interviewing.

They are clever. There were menus in a little box outside the entrance

Yeah, I have one with a free appetizer coupon with it! :D

Bourbon Boys has closed just over the last couple of weeks. They had not paid their taxes on alcohol apparently. Then, I guess I heard yesterday, that they were getting ready to open back up. So hopefully that is true. I like their half priced hamburgers on Monday nights.

I hadn't heard when they were plannning to reopen but I had gotten the impression it wasn't supposed to be too much longer. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

It looks like a Boston's The Gourmet Pizza will be opening a location in Bentonville off South Walton Boulevard on August 8th. This will be the first location in Arkansas. There's not even a location in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Louisiana.

^^

Matt, I beat you to that one... :D

Well we do have Pepper Jack's Mexican Grill which is comparable to the Flying Burrito, but we are lacking anything comparable to Qdoba.

Bentonville is getting a Boston's Gourmet Pizza that's scheduled to open in August. Evidently it's a Canadian owned pizza chain. It features two themes under one roof. An upbeat casual dining atmosphere that's perfect for individuals, families, teams and groups of all ages. Boston's also has an exciting and lively sports themed bar which features flat screen plasma TV's to showcase sports and special events, and is decorated with local sports memorabliia which brings out the fan in everybody.

HawgTown Pizza opened in Bentonville this March. It's a unique pizza place where anything and everything can be made into a pizza and you make your own pizza. Ever heard of a baked potato pizza? Also, home of the "The Boss Hawg", the biggest pizza in Arkansas.

It looks like Rogers is getting another Domino's Pizza. The Restaurant will be on 105 S. Dixeland Street.

Wow, I had thought Domino's was all but dead. Guess not. They recently opened up in Bella Vista as well. I should check with them; I wonder if they could be the one pizza place that will deliver all the way out to us?

They would have to have a larger than usual delivery radius, I would think, to serve Bella Vista.

Is the Boston Pizza inside one of the hotels? I've never seen a sign of it?

It won't be a hotel restaurant as they're too huge for that. Here's a little snippet from the companies website:

"Incredible Curbside Appeal

Boston's the Gourmet Pizza features an incredible "curbside appeal" ... a unique building architecture that stands out from all other concepts in the category. It's inviting ... it's unique ... it's a one-of-a-kind! Highly readable signage, wrap-around patio and inviting architectural lines create a superior presence at first glance."

It'll most likely be one of the largest restaurants in NWA, of course I haven't actually seen it yet. :blush:

Archived