City Walk

vdogg

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pilot Article. http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?...65&ran=5293

Still leaves us guessing, but still a go.

They state that it might be sold with in a month. I wonder if Sandler is going to sell it to the city or to Armada Hoffler so they can try to dulicate the success of Town Center. They seem to have a formula they like and that works. I wouldn't doubt that they'd want to continue that success across the street.

The Pilot Article. http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?...65&ran=5293

Still leaves us guessing, but still a go.

They state that it might be sold with in a month. I wonder if Sandler is going to sell it to the city or to Armada Hoffler so they can try to dulicate the success of Town Center. They seem to have a formula they like and that works. I wouldn't doubt that they'd want to continue that success across the street.

I waited 3 days for that? <_< Honestly, we have far more updated information than that, but since they can't discuss what company it's being sold too, I don't think we can release that information either. Oh well, guess we got 60 more days to find out anything new.

The equipment is no longer there. :(

Probably wasn't even related honestly. They could've just been storing that equipment there for something else. Since it'll be 60 days until an announcement I have my doubts that the equipment was for this project at all.

• 2 months later...

Did a little checking on the company that will be investing in the retail portion of the landing. I will not share their name yet, though it was disclosed in a recent Oct 2007 article, because I do not know if we are actually allowed too yet (urbanvb, can we say yet?). At any rate, the company had this to say no less that 1 week ago:

Virginia Beach is another market. We

Department store huh. Parisian? who else? I'm not sure if we should or shouldn't reveal the name although like you said it was mentioned already. :dontknow:

Yeah, see they were very sly about it. They never mentioned the landing by name (though the article names the company itself) but I know for a fact that they have no other project going in this area and this will be their first entry into our market. They haven't technically revealed themselves in that sense. I think we should wait, just to be on the safe side. Don't want to burn any bridges here (or jeopardize any projects :unsure:).

Department store huh. Parisian? who else?

Don't know, but whatever it is it better be unique. If it winds up being Macys i'm going to scream. We need something to set that area apart from every other mall corridor in the region and truly make it a destination. Parisian would fit the bill, just don't know if they think we're worthy yet. :rolleyes:

Don't know, but whatever it is it better be unique. If it winds up being Macys i'm going to scream. We need something to set that area apart from every other mall corridor in the region and truly make it a destination. Parisian would fit the bill, just don't know if they think we're worthy yet. :rolleyes:

So where is this mystery article you are talking about? Can you post it? :)

I did a little sleuthing and found the companies site and the article. What vdogg quoted is all I've found on the subject. Wow, they're so new to the market that they don't even list Virginia on there website yet.

So when is that announcement coming?

Where is the article?

I did a little sleuthing and found the companies site and the article. What vdogg quoted is all I've found on the subject. Wow, they're so new to the market that they don't even list Virginia on there website yet.

So when is that announcement coming?

Yep, that's it, it was just a little blurb but an exciting one at that. They're going through an expansion in the Southeast and are even doing a large mixed use development in NC. RJW, if you put what I typed in quotation marks, you'll find the article. ;)

Wow, they're so new to the market that they don't even list Virginia on there website yet.
Yeah that's kind of amusing considering in their recent acquisitions list, they list holdings of over 2.5 million square feet of industrial space spread across 9 properties in 4 Virginia cities. Seems their industrial side has invaded VA pretty hard over the past 12 months...

Well I did find the company but not sure what it means... It's too early! haha... So is this investment group now building The Landing?

They are under contract for the retail portion of the Landing from my understanding. I'm not sure if they are going to take full ownership from Sandler or not. The way indigo dunes is going, Sandler may wish to retain at least part ownership in this project. Also not sure what the status of the grocery store is. This being the first public statement by the company itself regarding the project however, it seems that we'll hear something about all these details fairly soon.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mulvannyg2.com/en-us/Show/Proje...p;ProjectID=132

Is the above rendering (via link) current? From what is shown, the rendering just gives an idea of how the development is to be laid out. I was hoping to see detailed renderings. If they exist, could someone post them?

That's the rendering that was posted after the name change and the most current that's been released. I'm sure there are actual renderings for the look of the structures but they are not out yet. Hopefully whenever we get an official announcement those will be updated.

There are actually 3 images at that link from different angles and a schematic of how the structures are laid out.

There are actually 3 images at that link from different angles and a schematic of how the structures are laid out.

I find one thing very interesting in the third image -- the one with the site plan. Notice the building at the top center, on VB Blvd. Whether it is 62.5 or 82.5K sq. ft. (image blurred, or I am really old!), it is in the range of sizes for a Whole Foods. What is interesting is that, unlike any other retail in the site plan, it is labeled for a grocer. One has to wonder if the discussions are far enough along to define that building as a particular type of retail, or is that just wishful thinking? Somewhere near TC is the right place for the first HR WFs -- is this it?

Archived