City Walk

vdogg

I take this to be good news! The fact that they took the time and probably money to create a new name/image for this project means it is still definately in the works and hopefully we will begin to hear a lot more about it soon.

I wonder what "The Landing" means, like, why name it that? Anyone know have a contact there that could find out?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE!

Project is now called "The Landing at Virginia Beach" as per Mulvanny's wesite. The photos are still the same. The text has changed-no groundbreaking date now, but the numbers still look to be the same.

When you click on the link below, click "On the Boards", then on the picture grid to the right, Va Beach is the last row, last pic., click it.

http://www.mulvanny.com/en-us/Show/Portfolio.aspx

"The Landing is a 12.4 acre mixed-use development that establishes a setting for a vibrant urban district"

They said happy endings on their website! :whistling::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, maybe this is good news. I have been checking off and on the website which shows the amount of sq foot available for the Landing and as of today there is only 1500 sq feet available! There was a large 65k sq foot space available (I am thinking orginally intended for Whole Foods/Trader Joes) and perhaps they have gotten a committment from someone which is great. Good news can't be too far away. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

:( Well I am returning to Fairfax today, likely for a very long time. I saw in the paper this morning that on:

This Saturday, check the business section. There will be an article on what is happening at City Walk/The Landing.

Can someone be sure to post the article for me!? :D

Goodbye VB!

:( Well I am returning to Fairfax today, likely for a very long time. I saw in the paper this morning that on:

This Saturday, check the business section. There will be an article on what is happening at City Walk/The Landing.

Can someone be sure to post the article for me!? :D

Goodbye VB!

Did you see this in the pilot?

Well, the Spectrum seems it's still a go...just a permit delay. I hope we see good news out of The Landing story.

Most of the space for the landing is under contract. I'm not sure how much information can be shared but we did receive an update from urbanvb's source some time ago and everything seems on track. The project may have been altered somewhat though, in what way I am unsure.

has anyone heard anything about city walk of late? it looks pretty cool!

Check out it's thread... I mentioned yesterday there will be an article in the Saturday's Pilot about it. It is now "The Landing" and is not attached to the TC project.

If you haven't been keeping up with this from the beginning, this is a repost from about a month ago. This will get you up to date. Notice though, picture 3 is a different site plan than the first and second pics. Pics 1 and 2 are original, pic three is a revised site plan. Enjoy.

Cheers,

Metalman

The project is called "The Landing at Virginia Beach" as per Mulvanny's wesite. The photos are still the same. The text has changed-no groundbreaking date now, but the numbers still look to be the same.

When you click on the link below, click "On the Boards", then on the picture grid to the right, Va Beach is the last row, last pic., click it.

http://www.mulvanny.com/en-us/Show/Portfolio.aspx

"The Landing is a 12.4 acre mixed-use development that establishes a setting for a vibrant urban district"

Or.. could be he is no longer handling leasing for this development. Yes it will be interesting to find out either way.

Well, as I said. That one companies website didn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies. I should only hope there is some agreement that keeps the scope and size of the project as is (or larger). I do find it encouraging that the renderings on Mulvannys site still depict highrises even with the name change. Saturday can't get here soon enough, why did they have to make our project the last, lol.

I take that back, they handle some developments that fit the mold. We'll just have to wait and see.

I noticed that too (on Divaris' website). Similarly City View is no longer on CMSS' website, but if you "search" it, it pops up under residential. Weird.

Well, I too hope to see bigger and better things from "The Landing"...and on the same side of the road, the City Center building.

Similarly City View is no longer on CMSS' website, but if you "search" it, it pops up under residential. Weird.

Well, CMSS has gotten rid of most of the projects on their website. Don't ask me why. :huh: I think it's kinda stupid considering this was one of their better designs. That said, City View pretty much has it's own website, with more renderings than originally existed on CMSS's site.

Well, CMSS has gotten rid of most of the projects on their website. Don't ask me why. :huh: I think it's kinda stupid considering this was one of their better designs. That said, City View pretty much has it's own website, with more renderings than originally existed on CMSS's site.

OT, but they've also removed Harbor Heights. I thought maybe because it was almost finished, but they have lots of completed projects still there so I'm confused.

Archived