City Walk

vdogg

sounds like we are all confused...so is Sifen still doing the strip mall? Is this new change just for the HQ site?

Wow, talk about getting too much information too quickly...hard to keep everything straight. I really hope the Mulvanny project pulls through because they are an amazing firm and it would be an amazing move for VB architecturally to get something like this in their downtown.

How do we get the real inside scoop? I don't know which web source to trust. Of course my hopes are for city walk. 850 million in VB investment would be a miracle and would propel VB on the national scene.

This combined with light rail to the oceanfront would present a one-of-a-kind tourist destination. A 3-hub living, breathing, working sight to see! Downtown Norfolk on one end and the Oceanfront on the other, with Town Center as the jewel. Sorry I'm having a little freak out session right now as I'm imaging this! My only hope is that some billionaire firm sees this unique potential and invest heavily in the dream!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote another email just night. I hope to get more info soon.

The total amount they're looking for from the website is $850 million. The land is half the size of TC. In other words, we're talking about some serious highrises if their plan comes to fruition. It looks like they're still looking for investors though, and haven't gotten far past pre-planning. This all leads me to believe that the land has probably changed hands again.

The total amount they're looking for from the website is $850 million. The land is half the size of TC. In other words, we're talking about some serious highrises if their plan comes to fruition. It looks like they're still looking for investors though, and haven't gotten far past pre-planning. This all leads me to believe that the land has probably changed hands again.

If WHOEVER gets 850 million for six blocks those buildings are going to be way taller than the westin! I really hope by some luck this project comes through..

well you can figure off of what is posted that there would be 6 blocks, which would mean about 141.5 million for each block of development.

Of course from this, you would have to subtract infrastructure because from what I can guess, this site would be more of a closed system, meaning there would be 6 blocks with streets, but the streets would be owned by the development company. Now if the are asking for any city money for this project, that point of view would obviously change.

Then of course there is the amount of parking they would need, which that always seems to run at about $1000 a space, give or take (I could be off on that, I dont remember the cost for parking in a garage but I think it is about that).

After that, you would have to figure in the layout of the blocks and the surface square footage, as well as the amount of space and placement of the plaza.

Now we dont really have much information to go off of with all of this, I can definitely say it will probably look alot like what Mulvanny proposed for the site, but there could be changes to it. I am guessing there would be no more that 5 towers, there is a possibility of a twin tower block with the retail, which is a very common thing. I am also going to guess that none of these buildings will be taller than 450ft. I am guessing they will all be between 220-400ft tall.

Again this is all just speculation based off of what we currently have, plus this isnt even a done deal because they have yet to have investors, they are simply getting a go ahead from the city....so like City Walk, this could all fall through and never happen....just wanted to remind everyone about that so that you guys dont get too worked up about this. I personally would love to see the urban development spread this way as well as towards Pembroke Mall, but at the same time, we need to hold some caution to these kinds of developments.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is from Vdogg a couple months ago..

The total amount they're looking for from the website is $850 million. The land is half the size of TC. In other words, we're talking about some serious highrises if their plan comes to fruition

So yeah, it looks like they are trying to get all the money up front at one time.

Yeah Citywalk Is still on the boards. They are just waiting for finacing. They are also starting on a new project where the FYE and big strip mall area is. Its going to be called Columbus Core. they are going to rebuild that area into a grid like street/city blocks with a grande cinema, Entertainment center. something like epicenter in charlotte. more pedestrian friendly cafes/restraunts, offices and retail. the buildings will be about 5 to 8 stories tall. a mixed use development..Cant wait til this hits the news. I heard this information from a inside source. Bank of America is financing it!

Yeah Citywalk Is still on the boards. They are just waiting for finacing. They are also starting on a new project where the FYE and big strip mall area is. Its going to be called Columbus Core. they are going to rebuild that area into a grid like street/city blocks with a grande cinema, Entertainment center. something like epicenter in charlotte. more pedestrian friendly cafes/restraunts, offices and retail. the buildings will be about 5 to 8 stories tall. a mixed use development..Cant wait til this hits the news. I heard this information from a inside source. Bank of America is financing it!

Harry you have had so many outrageous claims, it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf! Every month you get on UP and come up with some insanely ridiculous pie in the sky dream.. First it was the international retailers and urban movie theater, then it was Westin Aloft had started construction, then it was 25 story Hard Rock Cafe and Hotel with an elevated light rail line going through the middle, now this? Come on, man please tell the truth.! I don't see how they are waiting for financing now, but at the same time starting a new project. Now I'm not calling this out of the realm of possibility, because it certainly is feasible.. But coming from a man with outrageous claims, it's an idea hard to grasp. What's nexT?? Construction is starting on the new Virginia Beach SuperDome for our NFL team accompanied by a 120 story Signature Tower?

Harry you have had so many outrageous claims, it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf! Every month you get on UP and come up with some insanely ridiculous pie in the sky dream.. First it was the international retailers and urban movie theater, then it was Westin Aloft had started construction, then it was 25 story Hard Rock Cafe and Hotel with an elevated light rail line going through the middle, now this? Come on, man please tell the truth.! I don't see how they are waiting for financing now, but at the same time starting a new project. Now I'm not calling this out of the realm of possibility, because it certainly is feasible.. But coming from a man with outrageous claims, it's an idea hard to grasp. What's nexT?? Construction is starting on the new Virginia Beach SuperDome for our NFL team accompanied by a 120 story Signature Tower?

I believe you have defined a TROLL as it applied to these message boards...

As much as I would LOVE to believe these things are true, I'm still waiting for the hotel with a giant man made lake infront to be announced...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah. Citywalk got financing.. they are starting on the project now.. It won approval back in 2006.. But lacked financing.. Sifen bought the land from the sandler bros in 2008..They been working on resdesigning the project less than a year.. July 2008 is when the land was bought from the sandlers. Bough time.. City walk will be complete in 2015 with Town center Phase V, The citywalk project will be phases as well. 4 Phases.. 860million dollar investment from a new York investor.

Yeah. Citywalk got financing.. they are starting on the project now.. It won approval back in 2006.. But lacked financing.. Sifen bought the land from the sandler bros in 2008..They been working on resdesigning the project less than a year.. July 2008 is when the land was bought from the sandlers. Bough time.. City walk will be complete in 2015 with Town center Phase V, The citywalk project will be phases as well. 4 Phases.. 860million dollar investment from a new York investor.

Where is your proof on this? Where is the article stating this is the case? About the only thing I agree with you on is the fact that City Walk will be in phases, which was always the plan.

http://www.newyorkinvestmentnetwork.com/bu...walk-2009-01-21

We are in need of Pre-Construction Soft and Hard Cost Analysis/Cost estimate of 12.6 acres of Mixed Use/Commercial/Retail/Luxury Apts/Office/hotel/Residential. We need seed money to begin project,

REQUIRED AMOUNT: $850,000,000

MINIMUM INVESTMENT AMOUNT: $355,000

REGION: Out-of-State

INDUSTRY 1: Real Estate

INDUSTRY 1: Construction

INVESTMENT REASON: Sales & Marketing

PREMIUM PROPOSAL: No

POSTED: January 21, 2009

This doesn't say anywhere that they have funding, but holy crap. 850 million would be an amzing developement.

http://www.newyorkinvestmentnetwork.com/bu...walk-2009-01-21

This doesn't say anywhere that they have funding, but holy crap. 850 million would be an amzing developement.

Right, but this has been out for a while. When I see that Armada Hoffler has received financing for Gateway, then I'll believe something like this. But not before.

Archived