City Walk

vdogg

• 1 month later...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was browing the Divaris website earlier this week, and I clicked on their CityWalk link in their Mixed-Use Properties area of the site... and for the first time since I started following the urban scene in vb, the site opened up to this:

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Flash...px?LID=14609464

Previously, I had only gotten a broken link when trying to open it....not sure if this is something positive for City Walk, or if maybe something was just wrong with my browser before, but it seemed as though with this link working, maybe something new will be posted at that site sometime in the near future...

I was browing the Divaris website earlier this week, and I clicked on their CityWalk link in their Mixed-Use Properties area of the site... and for the first time since I started following the urban scene in vb, the site opened up to this:

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Flash...px?LID=14609464

Previously, I had only gotten a broken link when trying to open it....not sure if this is something positive for City Walk, or if maybe something was just wrong with my browser before, but it seemed as though with this link working, maybe something new will be posted at that site sometime in the near future...

Nah, that's nothing really new. The old site (address) had expired and it looks like they must've recently renewed it. That's why you were getting the bad link.

What's interesting (bad?) is that the amount of sq footage available hasn't changed since I started browsing this site. It seems everything is in a holding pattern, as usual. <_<

To be quite honest, I wouldn't read that much into it. Not necessarily bad. I'm sure they've signed some tenants. They're not automatically going to update the space just like they don't automatically update the town center website. It seems like they're just regurgitating the initial advertisement. And remember, the 2nd office tower was in a holding pattern then all of a sudden they announced 2 new office towers, another small office building on the Columbus lot, and that plans for block 9 were moving forward. Things can change quickly and there is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes than we're privy too. I won't start worrying till TC is built out honestly, though i'd like things to happen far sooner of course.

There is a new sign up on the Sifen property that lists the name of a site prep contractor and a number (though I forgot to write both down, perhaps someone would like to swing by there? :whistling: ). At any rate, it looks like they're gearing up to do more work on the site. I'd like to call that contractor though to see if we can get a sense for the timescale of all this stuff.

Reading that sign at 5pm on Friday was surely interesting. :shok:

Here is the info:

Site Improvement Associates Inc - 757-671-9000

Thanks guy. Yeah, I assume they wouldn't be putting a large sign like that up unless they were ready to do some work. I wish Sifen weren't so secretive about this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this little blurb in a retail article :D

As for future development, there is a long list of quality tenants anxious to enter the Pembroke area of Virginia Beach. There are two significant projects just west of the town center that are completing site plans. Upon completion, these projects should bring some new and exciting retailers to the market. The Hampton Roads retail market is in very good shape with vacancy rates just under 5 percent. The forecast looks good for the future as retail and mixed-use developments continue to break ground.

Sounds like we're getting close and, reading between the lines, It sounds like the Sandlers and Sifen are working on their site plans in tandem. Also, in order to be termed "significant", I feel more comfortable that Sifen will not build just another strip mall.

We can only hope he doesnt put another strip shopping center there... You know, how old is this guy? His actions seem to resemble those of my grandfather a LOT... Not getting into the market at the right time, not wanting to go out of the box and build something he isn't used to... We (my family) have been trying to persuade my grandfather for YEARS to do things like this (we are in the Real Estate business, but only lease properties now, no new building <_< )... So yeah, his previous stubborness sounds like it might be due to his age and the mentality of "dont fix it till its broke, why build something new when we know what works..." Anyway, thats my last tangent for the night...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i've noticed that both the "Coming soon Town Square" and the Divaris retail leasing sign are gone from the City Walk property. I really doubt that this is a bad thing and may indicate that they are moving forward. The project is called City Walk, not Town Square, and it makes sense to have taken that down. Perhaps we'll see a new sign in the near future. As for the leasing sign perhaps they have finally finished retail leasing? Coupled with that recent article about site plans finishing up that would make sense too.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Project is now called "The Landing at Virginia Beach" as per Mulvanny's wesite. The photos are still the same. The text has changed-no groundbreaking date now, but the numbers still look to be the same.

When you click on the link below, click "On the Boards", then on the picture grid to the right, Va Beach is the last row, last pic., click it.

http://www.mulvanny.com/en-us/Show/Portfolio.aspx

"The Landing is a 12.4 acre mixed-use development that establishes a setting for a vibrant urban district"

Archived