Restaurant Review

fluffy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Bob's Pizza! :thumbsup: I know I asked about "family friendliness", but are Sunday's usually VERY family friendly? I think there were more kids than adults there. <_< Great food, great service though.

Their pizza is spectacular, but to avoid the restaurant itself which I find a little too crowded, I order by delivery.

Big Bob's Pizza! :thumbsup: I know I asked about "family friendliness", but are Sunday's usually VERY family friendly? I think there were more kids than adults there. <_< Great food, great service though.

Had a horrible dining experience there on a Sunday. Waited forever to even be acknowledged by the staff. Finally was seated at a table (after being ignored at the bar) and ordered. Food eventually arrived about 45 minutes later - waitress didn't bring silverware for one of us (a table of 3) and forgot the drinks we had ordered when she brought the food until she brought the bill.

Had a horrible dining experience there on a Sunday. Waited forever to even be acknowledged by the staff. Finally was seated at a table (after being ignored at the bar) and ordered. Food eventually arrived about 45 minutes later - waitress didn't bring silverware for one of us (a table of 3) and forgot the drinks we had ordered when she brought the food until she brought the bill.

Funny how one person has a great experience on the same day at the same place as another person who had lousy service . . . .

I went to Pietro's on Northland Drive on Sunday. Restaurant was dirty, food crumbs (like big ones) all under the table. Service was sort of good at first, then we don't know what happened but the order took forever, one order was wrong, one was cold, one was not cooked and one was cooked totally different than the menu described. Upon mentioning one small item (instead of all of the things wrong) the waitress was completely indifferent nor did she apologize for the unusually long wait for the food in a restaurant that was not busy instead just wanted to know if we wanted dessert! LOL . . . . Whatever. Maybe the lack of customers should have been an indication. Quick way to lose customers . . plenty of restaurants to choose from & poor service & lousy food is a quick way to narrow your choices.

Funny how one person has a great experience on the same day at the same place as another person who had lousy service . . . .

I went to Pietro's on Northland Drive on Sunday. Restaurant was dirty, food crumbs (like big ones) all under the table. Service was sort of good at first, then we don't know what happened but the order took forever, one order was wrong, one was cold, one was not cooked and one was cooked totally different than the menu described. Upon mentioning one small item (instead of all of the things wrong) the waitress was completely indifferent nor did she apologize for the unusually long wait for the food in a restaurant that was not busy instead just wanted to know if we wanted dessert! LOL . . . . Whatever. Maybe the lack of customers should have been an indication. Quick way to lose customers . . plenty of restaurants to choose from & poor service & lousy food is a quick way to narrow your choices.

We got there early for Dinner, and it was just starting to get busy. By the time we left, there were people waiting for tables. Next time I'll just yell out "UP - GR!" :D

I am terribly sorry you didn't have a great experience here Sunday. I have printed out your post and will discuss it with our staff. We are in a transition period with some of our wait staff and we appreciate your candid comments. Hopefully you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

To GRDaD, yes it can be very kid friendly earlier in the evening, oddly after 7-8 pm some nights it is quite spacious and quiet here.

I am terribly sorry you didn't have a great experience here Sunday. I have printed out your post and will discuss it with our staff. We are in a transition period with some of our wait staff and we appreciate your candid comments. Hopefully you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

To GRDaD, yes it can be very kid friendly earlier in the evening, oddly after 7-8 pm some nights it is quite spacious and quiet here.

Thanks for your concern and attention to this! I'll definitely give your restaurant another try.

That's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Made our first trip to Rose's in EGR on Saturday evening. After a short wait, we were seated and greeted by our server immediately. Wife ordered the White wine special; I the red. For an appetizer we tried the mussels. Good choice, if that's up your alley.

My wife ordered the Gorgonzola Tournedos - she loved it. I ordered the Risotto of the day, which happened to be grilled salmon with corn in the risotto, a scallop on the side, and about 8 heirloom (small) tomatoes. It was delicious. My only complaint was the size of the salmon serving. It was about the size of a deck of cards. For $18, I was disappointed.

Overall, the food was good. The service was prompt and attentive. The atmosphere was OK - it was sort of like it was a fine-dining restaurant, but then in the corner, they had their TVs on w/ "Austin Powers in: Goldmember" playing. I'd say 7/10. We'll go back, but probably only for a special occasion. $70 was a little steep for the A) amount of food, B) the faux fine-dining experience. If it's supposed to be more casual, charge casual prices. :)

Made our first trip to Rose's in EGR on Saturday evening. After a short wait, we were seated and greeted by our server immediately. Wife ordered the White wine special; I the red. For an appetizer we tried the mussels. Good choice, if that's up your alley.

My wife ordered the Gorgonzola Tournedos - she loved it. I ordered the Risotto of the day, which happened to be grilled salmon with corn in the risotto, a scallop on the side, and about 8 heirloom (small) tomatoes. It was delicious. My only complaint was the size of the salmon serving. It was about the size of a deck of cards. For $18, I was disappointed.

Overall, the food was good. The service was prompt and attentive. The atmosphere was OK - it was sort of like it was a fine-dining restaurant, but then in the corner, they had their TVs on w/ "Austin Powers in: Goldmember" playing. I'd say 7/10. We'll go back, but probably only for a special occasion. $70 was a little steep for the A) amount of food, B) the faux fine-dining experience. If it's supposed to be more casual, charge casual prices. :)

What'd ya expect for an EGR restaurant on the water?

What'd ya expect for an EGR restaurant on the water?

That's a good question,. :)

Maybe I had my expectations set too high. I thought that having it be in EGR and on the water, that there wouldn't be TVs playing Austin Powers. :) Plus people walking in and out w/ jeans and flip flops. Either way, the food was good, I guess that's the biggest thing. I've got better things to spend $70 on though. :)

That adds the ambience... :)

Exactly. I eat there regularly and that's what I love about Roses. I can go right from work and be in business casual, or I've gone in shorts and a hooded sweatshirt. You fit in either way. Also I find a lot of the people hanging out in the bar area are extremely friendly.

Maybe I had my expectations set too high. I thought that having it be in EGR and on the water, that there wouldn't be TVs playing Austin Powers. :) Plus people walking in and out w/ jeans and flip flops. Either way, the food was good, I guess that's the biggest thing. I've got better things to spend $70 on though. :)

$70 does seem high. We fed the whole fam there about a month ago for less than $50. The atmosphere reminds me of the Traverse City area: flip flops, sunburns, boats, golf shirts, t-shirts, the smell of sunblock, sunglasses indoors, cool breezes......

Traverse City area: flip flops, sunburns, boats, golf shirts, t-shirts, the smell of sunblock, sunglasses indoors, cool breezes......

It's 4:15pm and you're not helping me finish off this Monday with those kinds of thoughts... :P

I love Rose's...but I would love to see some updates to their menu. It seems to be the common Gilmore fare. I guess that's what I get for eating there too much over the last 10 years!

I met a friend at Rose's on Thursday for a late afternoon lunch. All we had

was a pizza, but it was a good one, and for a reasonable price. I don't

necessarily enjoy Rose's for the food, but for the place itself. I like

the mix of biz/caz to resort wear to beach wear. It's a convenient place

to take a meeting and the wait staff is very accommodating. But then,

I also liked it back when it was all about greasy hamburgers, root beer,

and a big bag of caramel corn. Try it again with different expectations,

and you may like it better.

I met a friend at Rose's on Thursday for a late afternoon lunch. All we had

was a pizza, but it was a good one, and for a reasonable price. I don't

necessarily enjoy Rose's for the food, but for the place itself. I like

the mix of biz/caz to resort wear to beach wear. It's a convenient place

to take a meeting and the wait staff is very accommodating. But then,

I also liked it back when it was all about greasy hamburgers, root beer,

and a big bag of caramel corn. Try it again with different expectations,

and you may like it better.

I definitely will try it again with different expectations. I think I had too high of expectations from the sounds of every one's reply. I guess I had them cause of A) EGR B) When I called for dress-code, I was told it was a little more dressy.

Imagine my surprise when we were almost fully decked out and saw flip flops, tank tops and Austin Powers on the boob tube. :)

Oh well, live and learn. Next time I may go in my bathing suit. :yahoo:

Made my first trip into Olive Express yesterday. Ordered a Chicken Shawarma. The portion seemed kind of small for $5.50. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious; just didn't fill me up. The Lentil soup was OK. A bit bland.

I would say 6/10 for my experience yesterday.

You didn't get enough to eat at Olive Express???? Something's wrong!

Next time don't tell us, tell Sam (that's the owner, the big guy who establishes the portion sizes). He'll probably give you another sandwich and a side of tabouli & hummous.

It's a boaters restaurant on the water. You can expect jeans and flip-flops (hey, that might have been me!). I go there after kayaking on Reeds Lake...do you want me to dress up next time? ;)

When you order drinks, appetizers on top of a main course it adds up quickly. You would be hard pressed to go anywhere else for less than $70 for 2 people . . .that actually seems pretty reasonable especially when you start adding in drinks.

Ambiance is the key to Rose's . . .beautiful view!

My work group ("we want you to feel like you're Part of The Team") just went to Braun's, a steakhouse chain located on 28th Street just east of I-96.

Interestingly, I found myself seated opposite a clever mural. That steelworkers-havng-lunch-on-the-beam image? Done up as a painting with recognizable faces...Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock (wonder if he agreed to that?) was one.

And underneath the mid-air beam was --get this-- a mural of DT. The shot was taken from Bridgewater. The artist added a Braun's billboard sign atop one of the skyscrapers.

Did I mention the restaurant location, a considerable distance from this vista?

In the immortal words of Rizzo, "if they like DT so much, why don't they move there?"

(I didn't care for the eats. Would have rather picked out stuff from the aisles at Fred's and consumed it in the cafeteria. Deli chicken...mmmmm...)

My work group ("we want you to feel like you're Part of The Team") just went to Braun's, a steakhouse chain located on 28th Street just east of I-96.

Interestingly, I found myself seated opposite a clever mural. That steelworkers-havng-lunch-on-the-beam image? Done up as a painting with recognizable faces...Leonard Nimoy as Mr Spock (wonder if he agreed to that?) was one.

And underneath the mid-air beam was --get this-- a mural of DT. The shot was taken from Bridgewater. The artist added a Braun's billboard sign atop one of the skyscrapers.

Did I mention the restaurant location, a considerable distance from this vista?

In the immortal words of Rizzo, "if they like DT so much, why don't they move there?"

(I didn't care for the eats. Would have rather picked out stuff from the aisles at Fred's and consumed it in the cafeteria. Deli chicken...mmmmm...)

braun's or branns, because if it is branns then they do have one DT.

Archived