Restaurant Review

fluffy

I ate at Moe's by Costco on Saturday. I've never actually had a burrito before, and it wasn't bad. It was a lot of food, that's for sure. We each had a Joey's Bag 'o' Donuts burrito and neither of us finished it. Just under $15.00 for the two burritos w/ chips and two medium drinks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried out the Omlette Shop in Breton Village mall after church yesterday.

I tried the Italian Garden Frittata. Very delicious. My wife decided on the Leelanau Egg Scramble. She like it - but the cook missed her request for 'light scallions'.

Other than that, we only had a 30 minute wait to get a seat. (Pretty good for a Sunday morning IMO). Service was fast and attentive. I was a little suprised at the prices - I always equate breakfast to being a tad cheaper than lunch/dinner. Each of our meals was $6.99. A large OJ was $3+ and a glass of pop was $1.79.

We'll probably go back - and won't be suprised by the prices next time I guess. :)

I always equate breakfast to being a tad cheaper than lunch/dinner. Each of our meals was $6.99. A large OJ was $3+ and a glass of pop was $1.79.

We'll probably go back - and won't be suprised by the prices next time I guess. :)

I always equate breakfast w/ cheap too. Now I equate it with Wolfgangs and I remember that that is definately not the case.

??????? Never had a burrito!, wassamatter you?

Yeah.. prior to meeting my fiance I was a pretty sheltered eater. She makes me eat things like lettuce wraps, indian food, and cheesecake... most of it's been worth it, but I can say the indian food was a bit much.

I ate at Moe's by Costco on Saturday. I've never actually had a burrito before, and it wasn't bad. It was a lot of food, that's for sure. We each had a Joey's Bag 'o' Donuts burrito and neither of us finished it. Just under $15.00 for the two burritos w/ chips and two medium drinks.

congradulations...... you officially blew my mind for the first time today :wacko:

Friday night we had dinner at Taste of India - our favorite indian restaurant.

We love this place but it's always so dead. It's in a terrible location - 44th & Breton in the stripmall by Horrocks.

If you haven't been there in a while, they've got new owners and a new expanded menu. They've tripled their vegetarian menu. I've never had a bad dish there!

Yeah.. prior to meeting my fiance I was a pretty sheltered eater. She makes me eat things like lettuce wraps, indian food, and cheesecake... most of it's been worth it, but I can say the indian food was a bit much.

if you ever make your own indian food dont mix up tablespoon and teaspoon when it comes to the curry powder :sick: lets say thats an experience not worth repeating.

Geez! Pick on the poor guy. :P My wife has introduced me to a lot of new foods, and she MAKES great burritos and enchiladas. She's now got me hooked on cold spinach instead of lettuce. Before you wrinkle up your nose, it has more flavor and is way better for you. :thumbsup: Get it on your next Subway sub and you'll love it, guaranteed!

Geez! Pick on the poor guy. :P My wife has introduced me to a lot of new foods, and she MAKES great burritos and enchiladas. She's now got me hooked on cold spinach instead of lettuce. Before you wrinkle up your nose, it has more flavor and is way better for you. :thumbsup: Get it on your next Subway sub and you'll love it, guaranteed!

A salad of baby spinach is far better than one of lettuce IMO.

I went to Grand Woods Lounge for dinner Friday night and it was not a fun experience. I had been there once before and it wasn't a great experience, but reluctantly I went again. First we waited about 5 or 10 minutes just for the hostess to acknowledge our existence after walking past about 5 times. Then we were finally seated and waited another good 10 minutes before the distracted server finally came over. Then the food took to long to show up and the waiter generally was as friendly as a dock worker from the Bronx. Overpriced food and long waits = no fun and no repeat business.

To balance things out though, I did go to Mangiamo for the first time last week. Great food, but I think the atmosphere is better. Beautiful setting and interior.

I ate at Bentham's riverfront restaurant in the Amway last night. I gotta tell you, it's hasn't been that impressive both times I've been there. That isn't to say it's not good, because it is. The atmosphere and the attentiveness of the wait staff far outweighs the impressiveness of the food. Last night I started with the Hungarian Goulash which was the soup of the day. It was REALLY good, not too spicey, just right. I would definately recommend it. For my entree I had the beef tenderloin tips ($14 I think) with mashed potatoes on top in a mushroom wine sauce (i think it was a wine sauce). It was good, but not great, nothing to write home about. My fiance and her mom had the pretzel encrusted walleye ($20ish) and neither were impressed. Once again, its not a bad place, but it's definately not 'special.' The service is impeccable and the prices are very reasonable (plenty of options in the 9-14 dollar range), so I can recommend it for a nice dinner out if you're looking for a fancy atmosphere with reasonable prices and 'OK' food.

MAU,

Do you think Taste of India is better than Bombay Cuisine or India House? Why? We love Bombay, especially the Sunday Buffet.

I've been asked this questions before and i can't explain why i like Taste of India better, i just do. I think it's because, while even though it's in a crappy stripmall, it seems more authentic.

Have you been to Taste of India lately? The new menu is HUGE!

I seem to be eating out a lot lately.

Tapps: Damn good, never eaten there before. There burgers were some of the best I've had and the service was very attentive (there was only one other person eating in there). Details: T.K.O. Burger (1/2 lb, bacon, and cheddar) with fries, a Western Something-or-other Buger (1/2 lb, bacon, onion rings, cheese) with chips, one Bud Light draft, two Miller Lite drafts, and two waters. $27.00 + tip.

you know, i really enjoy grand woods. i've never had bad service there. i was just there last night and the service was outstanding! we had 2 different servers and both were top notch. i have been there a handful of times and have never been disappointed.

Well, JD Reardon's (@ Boardwalk) opened last night and of course I had to stop in and check it out.

Their menu is quite diverse - from pizzas to steaks to sandwiches including a lobster roll to beer butt chicken (they call it appropriately, beer can chicken).

It was different having it all closed in with only 2 doors to come and go.

They added leather furniture towards the back of the bar and a pool table in the front.

They made a "wall o' liquor" so that you can't see into the kitchen any longer.

I was on my way to see "United 93" and stopped in there for a couple of beers and appetizers.

We had the JD Fondue which was a lobster fondue with steak bites, potato wedges and grilled

pita bread to dip into the fondue. Good, the steak was a little salty though. The bread with the

fondue was great. We also had the Pot Stickers which were delightful with the ginger soy sauce.

I look forward to next time I stop down there because I want to try their fish tacos with chili glazed

mahi-mahi and saffron habanero aoli.

They were fairly overstaffed behind the bar and being the first night, I believe all were a little

nervous and trying to get accustomed to their new surroundings. I think it will be a nice

addition to the Boardwalk. It was pretty busy for a Monday night.

Will go back on Friday night to see what it is like on a weekend. :alc:

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some eating lately so here we go:

Muncho's Pizza is now called CJ's Pizza or something like that. New name, seems to be the same recipe and I highly recommend it.

I ate at the Grill at the 1913 Room a couple of weeks ago. It was some of the best food I've ever had. The filet was better in my opinon than the chop house. It could have been the wine reduction it was in or something, but it was incredible. Lobster Bisque was pretty great too. I was a little uncomfortable going there because I thought it would be very proper and uppity, but it was pretty relaxed.

Last week (as a celebration of our closing on our first house) we ate at the Sierra Room. It was just bad. And really expensive for what it was. For starters we had the calamari. It was overcooked and rubbery. Bad bad taste to it. I had a fresh vegetable soup which was really really good. Its not even something I would normally order, but I figured what the heck and it was great. For my entree I had the tenderloin which I ordered Medium and it was definately medium-well to well. There wasn't much flavor to it and what it did have was only mediocre. My fiance had the jumbo sea scallops entree. There were.... wait for it.... THREE. Three total sea scallops and they were by no means jumbo. The Oberon was good though, but for a $100+ dinner for two I expected WAY better. We won't be back. Oh, and It was Friday night and we were one of 3 couples in the place, maybe that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night went to Bullshead Tavern on Monroe. We were sat upstairs, which actually wasn't bad because there were a bunch of loud obnoxious guys watching a game or something downstairs.

Service started out slow, and we sat for almost 10 minutes with just water, but it got better. Good spinach/artichoke dip for appetizer. I ordered the Orange Chardonnay Trout, which was excellent, especially the vegetables. My Wife ordered the Southwest Wrap, which was very good as well. Add on a bottle of wine and it was a great meal for not a bad price (around $60). :thumbsup:

By the way...what is that new restaurant across the street from "Little Africa" named "Munchies"?

When I drive by and look in, I see nothing except a few scattered chairs.

What kind of food do they serve?

Dude...................Like,....I totally forgot............

newvampinvermontbong7kk.jpg

Archived