Restaurant Review

fluffy

We got a $100 gift certificate for the Chop House. We're already figuring we'll go $30 - $50 over that once you get drinks and tip in there.

My wife and I went and with NO adult beverages we came in at $200. But, a little know fact about the CHOP HOUSE is that if you go on your birthday, you get 50% off of the bill - you must show ID. It was just the 2 of us so our bill ended up right at $100:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I went and with NO adult beverages we came in at $200. But, a little know fact about the CHOP HOUSE is that if you go on your birthday, you get 50% off of the bill - you must show ID. It was just the 2 of us so our bill ended up right at $100:)

We went there for our anniversary this year. Great meal, weighed in at $220 with 2 glasses of wine and food.

Man was it good though. Highly recommended.

We went there for our anniversary this year. Great meal, weighed in at $220 with 2 glasses of wine and food.

Yes, I've been there twice for business functions, and the food was excellent! Of course, I wasn't paying either time, so that makes good sauce. :D

I love QDoba!

$220? Ouch! I've never been to Chop House, but the most I've spent here was about 160 at Louis Benton. Luckily that time, I had a $100 gift card.

$220? Ouch! I've never been to Chop House, but the most I've spent here was about 160 at Louis Benton. Luckily that time, I had a $100 gift card.

My last trip to the Chop House we dropped $110+tip AFTER our 50% birthday discount (doesn't apply to alcohol) for two of us.

Cygnus has a great Sunday Brunch. I believe it is $28/person and it includes mimosa's!!! The cold food is buffet stlye, but you order hot food through your server (small portions so you can try multiple entrees just like a buffet but it comes out fresh instead of sitting in a chaffer). Great atmosphere since remodling.

Friends are seeking authentic cajun/creole restaurants in GR. Any tips??

Nothing that I know of (and I keep watching). There was some sort of bayou-named venture in the Grandville Sprawl food court.

You/they wanting a Mardi gras party? I posted one in the Events section. Also there's a four-day event (a benefit) listed on GRnow, starts on Saturday 2/17.

[had Zatarain's for supper last night]

Just found on GRNow:

One Trick Pony MG party, Sat Feb 11. Appropriately-themed food.

I've added a couple more MG events to the Kiosk. (Hope the Press uses my essay!)

Might go to One Trick just to have a couple Abita's. I was in New Orleans a couple weeks ago, they said don't drink the water.....don't need water if you have Abita Amber.........

Overheard in the Cherry Hill Market: Sazerac Lounge on Plainfield's regular menu features a lot of New Orleans favorites (www.Sazeraclounge.com, menu is the first beer tap on the left).

Should have made the connection (Sazerac is an old NOLA drink).

The fact that the owner lives across the street from me......well, so, I should gotten there by now.

Anybody want to report on the food ?

Might go to One Trick just to have a couple Abita's. I was in New Orleans a couple weeks ago, they said don't drink the water.....don't need water if you have Abita Amber.........

Overheard in the Cherry Hill Market: Sazerac Lounge on Plainfield's regular menu features a lot of New Orleans favorites (www.Sazeraclounge.com, menu is the first beer tap on the left).

Should have made the connection (Sazerac is an old NOLA drink).

The fact that the owner lives across the street from me......well, so, I should gotten there by now.

Anybody want to report on the food ?

You can get Abita beer at Martha's! I love TurboDog and I just tried the Amber for the first time this week. Great stuff.

I went to Pietro's on 28th street.... :unsure:

Had my "Gorgonzola steak" rare, and it was a weird phenomenon. not only was the cut tiny, but it was well done on the outside, and medium rare on the inside, yet very arid. Arid is no way to describe a "good" steak. The salad had large brown chunks of iceburg in it and limp romaine also.

Service was down right awful. Slow, rude, unaccomodating, etc, and it's not like it was busy in there, so there was no excuse for our girl to be so dang slow. And she did my most peeved pet peeve - asked us for dessert, we said yes, we'd like to see the dessert menu. She brought 1 menu for SEVEN people. Thanks.

I really liked the one on Northland - it always seemed busy, but unfortunately, times must be tough for them, food quality is way down from what i remember.

I went to Pietro's on 28th street.... :unsure:

Had my "Gorgonzola steak" rare, and it was a weird phenomenon. not only was the cut tiny, but it was well done on the outside, and medium rare on the inside, yet very arid. Arid is no way to describe a "good" steak. The salad had large brown chunks of iceburg in it and limp romaine also.

Service was down right awful. Slow, rude, unaccomodating, etc, and it's not like it was busy in there, so there was no excuse for our girl to be so dang slow. And she did my most peeved pet peeve - asked us for dessert, we said yes, we'd like to see the dessert menu. She brought 1 menu for SEVEN people. Thanks.

I really liked the one on Northland - it always seemed busy, but unfortunately, times must be tough for them, food quality is way down from what i remember.

It suprises me that service was bad because from what I have heard, after closing down all of the other Pietro's and 28th being the only one left, supposedly the "best of the best" were the only employees that kept their jobs. Although I had also heard that with all of the stores combined there were too many cheifs and not enough indians. Maybe they are all a little bitter with all of the changes. If that is the case, they should find a new job!

Anybody want to report on the food [at Sazerac]?

Been there a half-dozen times. Out waitress said they bought the pizza recipe from the place that used to be there (never ate at the pizzeria myself so I can't confirm that). Food is good for a bar, I can't speak to the NOLA food, I've had burgers and pizza the times I've ate there. The inside is awesome, very well decorated, but the original owner of Sazerac (Louis Metaz) has left and service and especially the beer selection have declined since then. However, most would argue I put too much emphasis on the beer selection as compared to a "normal" person. :silly:

Archived