NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

30 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Grantor: Charlotte, City of.

Grantee:  TCB Noda Mills, LLC, C/O The Community Builders, Inc., Washington DC

IIRC Community Builders is the same developer who rehabed Mecklenburg Mill (next door). I think they found the process was significantly more difficult than they had anticipated

• Thanks 1

I was under the impression that The Community Builders got both mills, built the first one (income-based) in order to make good on their tax-advantages/free money (whichever one it was), and was going to build the second one for market rate in order to make a profit and make the whole venture make financial sense.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AP3 said:

Check out the cycle track - Looks like it will eventually connect to Matheson, since a track is planned there with the road diet happening on the bridge.

image.png.ceed42c861878d447cfcde5e146dbbcc.png

This is from the City's XCLT Davidson to Matheson webpage.  The alignment in red matches what is proposed with this development, it will follow Jordan and ramp up to Matheson, which will require some serious grading. 

More detail on trail sections here.... see page 7.

image.thumb.png.ac8970006d6dfa2c44c1ab6829eba311.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

OK guys, it's happening.....looks as if 36th street has been officially cut-thru under CSX and BLE so it's only a matter of time before we have access to Tryon.  

FINALLY!     I swear I can't recall the last time it was open.

Pic taken in front of Blind Pig

IMG_20180312_165432124_HDR.jpg

Crazy that it's now "back in the day" when that street was all at-grade, waiting for the train to pass when it's at a stand-still because you forgot about Matheson 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AP3 said:

It's on the opposite side of the street.

Like this, I believe -- Chadbourne being the area shaded green and Bainbridge the area shaded blue.  I like what's being done by Bainbridge, which street-front retail.  I'm not so keen about the Chadbourne project because the area on the Davidson Street side will be a huge parking lot.  The city could have stepped in and tried to establish a major walkable retail corridor from 36th Street down to this area, and encourage that sort of development.  That would make for a truly dynamic area.  

Charlotte_NoDa Bainbridge.jpg

• Like 1

Reading from this website --  http://www.januscharlotte.com/janus_real_estate_in_the_news__media/national_brewer_makes_move_to_charlotte   -- it appears that both the Bainbridge and Chadbourne developments are being done by the same developers???   This caught my eye: "The 48 units will be 1-bedroom units, ranging from 580 square feet to 2880 square feet - and each will have a beer tap in the kitchen run directly from the brewery with monthly billing similar to a water bill based on resident usage." (!!!)  That sounds like something from an SNL skit.  A beer tap in the kitchen?  I hope they also plan to have a room on the site for AA meetings.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

Reading from this website --  http://www.januscharlotte.com/janus_real_estate_in_the_news__media/national_brewer_makes_move_to_charlotte   -- it appears that both the Bainbridge and Chadbourne developments are being done by the same developers???   This caught my eye: "The 48 units will be 1-bedroom units, ranging from 580 square feet to 2880 square feet - and each will have a beer tap in the kitchen run directly from the brewery with monthly billing similar to a water bill based on resident usage." (!!!)  That sounds like something from an SNL skit.  A beer tap in the kitchen?  I hope they also plan to have a room on the site for AA meetings.

that was a April Fools joke. I designed that Siteplan. lol

27 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

Like this, I believe -- Chadbourne being the area shaded green and Bainbridge the area shaded blue.  I like what's being done by Bainbridge, which street-front retail.  I'm not so keen about the Chadbourne project because the area on the Davidson Street side will be a huge parking lot.  The city could have stepped in and tried to establish a major walkable retail corridor from 36th Street down to this area, and encourage that sort of development.  That would make for a truly dynamic area.  

Not true about it being a big parking lot. There will be a parking lot around "The Hosiery" but fronting North Davidson will be residential with retail.

28 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

That's a next-generation infill project, yes? ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

That's a next-generation infill project, yes? ;)

By the next generation, I'll be too old to care.  :)

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

that was a April Fools joke. I designed that Siteplan. lol

Not true about it being a big parking lot. There will be a parking lot around "The Hosiery" but fronting North Davidson will be residential with retail.

OMG, now I feel like a true April fool, and it's only March.

As to your second comment, I'm glad to know that.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

By the next generation, I'll be too old to care.  :)

OMG, now I feel like a true April fool, and it's only March.

As to your second comment, I'm glad to know that.  Thanks!

you just reminded me someone else asked me to do an april fools joke for them this year, DONT TRUST ANYTHING ON APRIL 1st!

Now I am really disappointed not the 18 pump QuikTrip in NoDa either LOL

""Storefronts along Davidson will include a gift shop for the brewery, 801 Chophouse - a high-end steakhouse (also St. Louis based), a Pic-n-Pay shoe store and a Banana Republic Kids clothing store.The last and final element in the plan calls for an 18-pump Quick Trip gas station.  We hereby submit for council approval of this new altered plan.  If you believe this lie is true, just ask the blind man, she saw it too.  

James "April Fool" the Jester""

• Like 1