NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if we've not been tracking Station House progress here, couldn't remember where.  But riding the light rail past 36th street the first time yesterday I really think this space has a lot of potential. One idea I thought would be cool to see is underneath the Sugar Creek overpass adjoining this development would be a market under the bridge like our own little Borough Market in London.  Not sure if that's trying too hard to be trendy or not but it seems like a decent sized space next to what may become a busier part of town.

18 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Sorry if we've not been tracking Station House progress here, couldn't remember where.  But riding the light rail past 36th street the first time yesterday I really think this space has a lot of potential. One idea I thought would be cool to see is underneath the Sugar Creek overpass adjoining this development would be a market under the bridge like our own little Borough Market in London.  Not sure if that's trying too hard to be trendy or not but it seems like a decent sized space next to what may become a busier part of town.

I'm not sure what that is, and google is failing me, do you have any photos?

36 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Interesting idea.  Even Jacksonville has its Riverside Arts Market under an overpass, pretty cool

25 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its one of London’s oldest markets which (for the past couple hundred years) has been tucked beneath some interescting railway arches  (and adjacent to London Bridge station). Its a great space, never occured to me to think of Sugar Creek that way.

There is certainly room for a skateboard park down there.

9108EBEA-6283-42CF-9E29-730FAD20EA15.jpeg

62CDC001-133F-4126-BE8C-3464BE2048F8.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Unfortunately no I wasn't expecting that area on the way up and we had rode to Blu to my gf's sisters pool and my phone died for the way back.  It's just a small parcel that was carved out from the street going overhead but the empty lot bumps right up to the stage area at Station House and next to APT Industries (per Google)

Even something small, repurpose a few 20' containers for shops there would be neat to see.  Sort of like this row I remember walking by in Montreal

Image result for old port of montreal shops

2 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

So, I didn't mention it last week because I honestly thought it had already been discussed back in the thread. Buuuuut, on a particular day at work a week or two ago, we were surveying the progress of the bridge/ north side of Raleigh st. We noticed some of the foremen under the bridge talking. After getting into conversation about the bridge we asked if they knew anything about the Station House project. Here's the piece of info they gave us: they told us that the people that own station house also own the warehouse building across from it, roughly 601 Sugar Creek. The foreman said that they were going to develop a market just like you described. Take it for what it is, hearsay, but to hear someone talk about the exact thing I just heard about not too long ago was to me, peculiar.

Edit: oh and they said the other warehouse was going to be developed similar to Station House

Edited by 11 HouseBZ
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I bet you anything neighbors lament the traffic this will generate at the public meeting.

Rendering and site plan from the article:

Screenshot_2018-06-12-16-05-29-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Billy jacks is a shiitty chain. just look them up to see what they have to offer. 

I hope it closes so fast. Looks so terrible, and I'm really disappointed that this got its foot into the funky door of NoDa. Whats next, Jamba Juice?

5 minutes ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

Well dang. 

I mean don't write it off cuz of us. They have a 4.6 on yelp, and a lot of people who love it. I Just don't love the idea of another chain coming to NoDa. At least Pop Bar and Cabo Fish Taco are tiny chains.

Edited by Guest