Greenville Drive Baseball

This is exactly the kind of southern prejudiced thinking I have talked about on other threads. It is sooo frustrating how other parts of the country view us at times. In this case it is "look how big time and superior we are, and how small time and backwards this little southern Bible-belt town is." This article was very poorly done. These crazy views people have of the South make me sick! :sick:

I think Southerners do a pretty good job of stereotyping Northerners as well. I mean really, all New Yorkers are not named Guido and have ties to the mob, or Mahammed and taxi drivers (both of which I've heard from Southerners). It goes both ways and shows people in both the North and the South need to travel more. The less traveled tend to be less accepting, so feel sorry for that New Yorker that hasn't left the island of Manhattan in months. Northerners who have moved to Greenville have fallen HEAD OVER HEELS in love!!! :wub::wub::wub:

^ Very well stated, gsupstate. I couldn't agree more. We all need to be careful of the way we conduct ourselves (behavior, speech, attitude, etc.), while also carefully monitoring our own attitudes and opinions. :thumbsup:

Went to my 1st Drive game last night and it was a heck of a game. A beautiful stadium and not too hard to get in and out of. It wont be long before I go back. Greenville should be proud of this new stadium.

I still have not been to a game at the new ballpark, but I can't wait to do so!

Dude, you've gotta go! :D

Tonight was simply what it's all about, my friends. Perfect evening for baseball, and a well-played game on both sides. The crowd was incredible to say the least! People packed in every inch of space around the field, and several rows deep on the concourse level as well. The ballgame was awesome, especially if you enjoy low-scoring nail-biters that keep you on the edge of your seat until the last play. It took the Drive until the bottom of the ninth to score the two runs needed to overcome the 0-1 deficit and win to the exuberant cheers of the 5,000-6,000+ fans who remained. Not overpowering, but simple, steady perseverance that won the hearts of the most skeptical onlookers.

The fireworks cannot even be described in words, so I'll just say that they were absolutely perfect. The grand finale was unlike any I have ever witnessed in person. :shok:

If anyone reading this post has yet to make the effort to attend a game, please don't delay! You'll never have as much fun for your $5-$8 anywhere else in the World.

Edited by Skyliner

The rocket balloons were cool....everyone blew them up and held on to them, then after "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", everyone released them at the same time and they all went up, the air escaping propelled them. They went up to about the ballpark roof height, deflated and fell back to the stadium. Really cool visual! RT posted a great photo in GV photo of the day of everyone with their balloons.

I left in the 8th when it was 5 to 1 (not in our favor), someone please tell me we came back and won. :)

Not everybody blew theirs up in the 7th inning and many let go of them before the 7th inning stretch. I pocketed one to bring home to my kids. :ph34r:

See my comments on the PotD Thread. :lol:

The crowd of 6,737 is a Monday Night Record, but not an all-time record, I believe.

Sorry, gsupstate...the final score was 5-1 also.

Did everybody catch Jim Rice at the game?

Did everybody catch Jim Rice at the game?

I read your description with that photo of Jim Rice. You have one of the most eclectic lists of childhood baseball heroes I've ever seen. There seems to be no geographical or "home team" preference. You just picked 'em out one-by-one on their own merit, huh? As for me, I liked the homeys -- meaning people like Ed Kranepool and Ron Swoboda were counted among my favorites.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...ex.html?cnn=yes

-The only good thing is that it puts more national spotlight on Greenville. :lol:

And now suddenly my Reedy Rip'it photos have been seen hundreds of times on flickr, too....one of them 455 times. Yikes...not the ones I wanted to be my most viewed. :rolleyes:

Edited by RestedTraveler

And now suddenly my Reedy Rip'it photos have been seen hundreds of times on flickr, too....one of them 455 times. Yikes...not the ones I wanted to be my most viewed. :rolleyes:

I would watch out for a news agency to link or download your photos for a story, especially since, oddly enough, there are no pictoral representations of Reedy on the Drive's web site.

Edited by whitehourseview

Another tremendous game and awesome fireworks display last evening. The Drive put on quite an exciting offensive performance, complete with a mamouth home run over the Green Monster by Chris Turner. This new guy, Hall, seems to be a great addition, and veteran Dominic Ramos could receive the call soon. He has been playing very well lately. Final score: Greenville 8 - Asheville 1 :shades:

Edited by Skyliner