What's going on in New Orleans

NCB

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really very disappointed with the total aid package to both states. I can't help wondering if this had happened in another place if the reaction might have been markedly diferent. Perhaps swing states might have received much more attention. Louisiana and Mississippi are possibly taken for granted and summarily dismissed. I know this is simplistic thinking, but the figure seems low when one considers the vast scope of the devastation across the whole area.

Historic New Orleans Streetcars Rolling Again :yahoo:

Video from WWL TV in New Orleans

BTW Mith, the woman being interviewed from RTA at the end of the video says "New Awlins" the way I was trying to explain in the Cajun culture thread. :D

Yeah I've been trying to remember if my friend who visited a while back ago was saying New Awlins or N'Awlins.

It will be good to get the airport back to normal. 2007? That's a long time to get back to even 80%. I think it will probably be a bit faster than this. As soon as the convention center is back to normal....by the way, what is the status of the convention center?

^The convention center is looking great. Most of the damage that was done was cosmetic, and most of it has alreadys been fixed :thumbsup:

I have some pictures of the convention center that I'll upload later.

That's great to hear. I'll look forward to your pics later.

I dont know how they plan to get people to come back. that can't possibly happen until they clean up the place, and offer people some decent housing. My aunt went down there a month ago, and she said the stinch is horrific. I;'ve also heard alot of people have a cough becuase of the mold, i dont want to be skeptical, but they have to find a better strategy to pull it together, and washinton needs to get with the program

The makers of Crystal Hot Sauce say they won't be returning to New Orleans....from the Baton Rouge Advocate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LA_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Yeah Tom, I saw that in the paper today. I was upset with the news at first, but it seems that they will at least remain in the metro area. Plus, they say that they've been looking for a new location for over a year now. But, it is dissapointing. I make an effort to buy anything with "Crystal" on the bottle. They make so many products, and they are all excellent. Even their worchestershire sauce is better than Lea & Perrins. I buy local whenever I have the choice. I'll still buy their products, unless they leave the area entirely.

That is a shame. I had heard in May that they were possibly looking at a different location, but I hate to see them go. Like TSmith, I try to buy local. Not only to support the local businesses, but I think alot of the local stuff tastes better and is better quality. I will try tp continue to support them.

Archived