Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

They will still add a little bit of density in Dilworth, which isn't a bad thing. Council votes on the rezoning for those townhomes on 2/16.

http://www.charmeck.org/city/charlotte/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2015Petitions/Pages/2015-013.aspx

I went to the Dilworth Neighorhood Meeting and they are up in arms about it.  I think they will be putting up a fight for the townhomes at the shopping center.

They were upset with the density but also the way it faces the parking lot and not the street. As you come up Kenilworth, you will see the backs and the utilities of the project and that wouldn't be "appeasing".  I can somewhat see their point, but there are very easy ways the Developer can hide the HVAC and gas meters.  These aren't going to be cheap.

They were upset with the density but also the way it faces the parking lot and not the street. As you come up Kenilworth, you will see the backs and the utilities of the project and that wouldn't be "appeasing".  I can somewhat see their point, but there are very easy ways the Developer can hide the HVAC and gas meters.  These aren't going to be cheap.

To be fair that seems like a valid concern to voice though if they are really "up in arms" I have to roll my eyes a bit. I wonder why the units would face that way when the opposite seems more desirable in most respects.

Buyers of the townhomes would want to usually walk to groceries and dining from the front door, so the design makes make market-sense, even if somewhat less appealing driving up Kenilworth. And it has to be the drive-by aesthetic, since that is the only time a Dilworth resident would regularly see that side from the one-way street. But really, do they never walk down hill on Kenilworth?

• 2 weeks later...

Demo Permits were approved for the old apartment building at Euclid and Tremont so expect to see that cleared out soon for the future Gateway Apartments.

Also I haven't seen anything in a while on the Worthington Hotel...I know the Catalus Group purchased the property back in June 2014, but it has been really quiet since then. I would have  thought they would have submitted building permits by now...but so far nothing.

Demo Permits were approved for the old apartment building at Euclid and Tremont so expect to see that cleared out soon for the future Gateway Apartments.

Also I haven't seen anything in a while on the Worthington Hotel...I know the Catalus Group purchased the property back in June 2014, but it has been really quiet since then. I would have  thought they would have submitted building permits by now...but so far nothing.

That's not going to be apartments anymore. It's a 12-unit townhouse development called Dilworth Court. 9 of the 12 are already sold according to their website. 

Dilworth Billiards is shutting down next month and will be replaced by a 'gourmet wine and cheese shop'

I lived two blocks away from Dilworth Billiards for 15 years and have tried on multiple ocasions to like it, but never could get comfortable there. Believe it or not I think the shop could actually increase foot traffic in the nieghborhood which would be a positive.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/tom-sorensen/article11962649.html

Dilworth Billiards is shutting down next month and will be replaced by a 'gourmet wine and cheese shop'

I lived two blocks away from Dilworth Billiards for 15 years and have tried on multiple ocasions to like it, but never could get comfortable there. Believe it or not I think the shop could actually increase foot traffic in the nieghborhood which would be a positive.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/tom-sorensen/article11962649.html

I know we are all thinking it, and nobody is saying it, but AMELIES WOULD HAVE KILLED at this location. Amelie's plus a wine and cheese shop.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...