Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

I don't think it's ever come up on this thread, but Pulte Homes was going after rezoning on Atherton St behind Taco Bell for a 37-townhome development. City Council denied the request last night, which was in line with city staff recommendations. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/09/15/5177193/city-oks-southpark-hotel.html

City Council actually didn't rubber stamp something. Holy crap!

I don't think it's ever come up on this thread, but Pulte Homes was going after rezoning on Atherton St behind Taco Bell for a 37-townhome development. City Council denied the request last night, which was in line with city staff recommendations. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/09/15/5177193/city-oks-southpark-hotel.html

Sort of a shame...this would eliminate some of the run down metal sided industrial buildings on the neighborhood side of Euclid.  I can't believe the neighborhood/staff/council thinks that this isn't an appropriate buffer to transition from the commercial corridor of South Blvd to single family Marshall.  The heightened density is worth eliminating the industrial buffer.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Rendering for the MASSIVE Euclid Apartments by Marsh Properties. Would be interested to know how Dilworth Feels about this one...

ScreenShot2014-08-12at104654PM_zpsb51174

ScreenShot2014-08-12at105051PM_zps47ff23

Holy Crap this thing is moving forward. They have their grading permits approved.

Ok, this past few days makes up for the lull in announcements :)

I wonder if we'll get the usual Bump in development announcements in Jan-March like we have the past 4 or so years. It seems like this entire year has had momentum (4 office towers made official alone)

• 2 weeks later...

A men's clothing and apparel store called Beau Outfitters is going in the Maddi's Gallery space on East, between Vestique and Pour Olive. Looks like its a relatively recent store out of Jacksonville FL given the "since 2012" line. 

http://beauoutfitters.com/

East is starting to have a pretty solid collection of clothing boutiques, they just tend to have significant gaps between them. I have seen women walking down East with a variety of clothing bags from Vestique, Coral and Petal recently though, so maybe we're close to a critical mass where stroll shopping is actually possible.

Edited by nonillogical

^ City built parking deck at the Epicurean lot would be the catalyst to really make it a stroll district.  Public/private parking decks are the really needed throughout the city's neighborhoods.

I totally agree. I don't even ask about that lot anymore though, seems like the last time it was discussed there wasn't a lot of forthcoming info but consensus that there was little to no hope of it being developed soon.

Odell has new renderings of a project at the Southeast corner of Morehead and Caldwell on their site.  The project is just referred to as Sustainable Office Building from the below link.

http://www.odell.com/portfolio/category/on-the-boards-2/

There are multiple renderings, and I find the project very exciting if it ever gets off the ground.  Beacon Partners bought the existing building (from 1959) at the site about 2 years ago, and has always planned to tear down and replace with a Class A building.  I love the ground floor retail.

6e25d6d9543cf754e677e2a71b56d0fb.jpg

As a complete aside, I heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago that the city owned land adjacent to Camden Grandview (basically where the I-277 offramps dead-end into South Blvd) is under contract, but I've been unable to find out any more info, so just throwing it out there as "probably another apartment project in the development stages".

The rendering shows an at-grade intersection. Morehead goes over Caldwell/South Blvd. Where exactly is this? From what vantage point is the rendering?

post-17104-0-97709900-1413251052_thumb.j

Actually at that point the road that has a flyover is south blvd. before 277 cut throug, Caldwell connected all the way across. S. Caldwell still exists a block west on Morehead.

Edited by Guest

Maybe this will prompt the Y to redevelop. They've had plans for years to sell off the edges of their property to finance a new, more compact facility.

The Y is about to embark on a $22million renovation that will be quite extensive.  I do not know if it involves selling land or just upgrading the facility.

The Y is about to embark on a $22million renovation that will be quite extensive.  I do not know if it involves selling land or just upgrading the facility.

I would love for the Y to partner with Pritchard Memorial to develop one of the churches parking lots (they own both the southwest and southeast corners of Lexington and Caldwell) into a parking deck (with retail of course), and then sell the land fronting South Blvd for office of multi-family.

I really really really hope the Y as part of the renovation makes the Dowd branch a family Y instead of adults only (kids are only allowed for basketball leagues and Saturday mornings in the pool).  It's sort of crazy given the intown family density plus the fact there are already two adult only Express Y's in Uptown, that intown families have to drive to NoDa, West Charlotte or past SouthPark.

Demolition has begun for the townhouse project that runs between Euclid and Marshall and  Iverson Way

More trivially, BoA has relocated their ATM at Sedgefield SC to the small strip center at Greystone.

Edited by kermit

• 2 weeks later...

Based on appearances the Forestar Project at the east corner of Morehead and Kenilworth is stalled in the post-demolition stage. Fence remains around the site but there is no evidence of construction. I think its three (maybe 4) months since demo.

Small note on this, it has a name now.....The Dillon.

Also, they are marketing 12,000 sq ft of retail space, and there is a floor-plan floating around, that clearly indicates that size is all that will be included. 

Also, the site plan does not show a "drive-thru", so it seems Walgreens is out too.

Small note on this, it has a name now.....The Dillon.

Also, they are marketing 12,000 sq ft of retail space, and there is a floor-plan floating around, that clearly indicates that size is all that will be included. 

Also, the site plan does not show a "drive-thru", so it seems Walgreens is out too.

Well Reids was looking for a Midtown Location around 12-15k, along with their south park location.

• 4 weeks later...