Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

I wish they would cut those bushy trees coming off the ramp on John Belk all the way down to the new Wake Forest campus. I hate seeing new construction next to such an unkept area. It’s always a pile of overgrowth and cut down trees from the construction site that looks so tacky. And yes I know they don’t own the land but gosh I would hate to live in those apartments and have to look at that mess blocking my view. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, j-man said:

I wish they would cut those bushy trees coming off the ramp on John Belk all the way down to the new Wake Forest campus. I hate seeing new construction next to such an unkept area. It’s always a pile of overgrowth and cut down trees from the construction site that looks so tacky. And yes I know they don’t own the land but gosh I would hate to live in those apartments and have to look at that mess blocking my view. 

Thought that I was alone on this. Admittedly though, my dislike for the trees and preference for this happening is a bit self-serving as its more so for better views along the Belk/277 drive. There are quite a bit of areas that are more overgrown than others not just here but also along 77 as you near uptown. Maybe one day if or when the pipe foundry sells, some of the trees will go with the development of the property. Highly unlikely though but one can wish.

Edited by FLOSC843

17 hours ago, FLOSC843 said:

Thought that I was alone on this. Admittedly though, my dislike for the trees and preference for this happening is a bit self-serving as its more so for better views along the Belk/277 drive. There are quite a bit of areas that are more overgrown than others not just here but also along 77 as you near uptown. Maybe one day if or when the pipe foundry sells, some of the trees will go with the development of the property. Highly unlikely though but one can wish.

OMG ! That’s actually the main issue I have with the trees. Around many peers of uptown mainly this area and the western portion near the foundry like you mentioned. I love trees but they just aren’t pleasing to the eye along the roads nearing uptown. And it’s always blocking a picturesque view! Ugh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus said:

Off topic (slightly) -- I have always loved Dilworth Crescent. If I had the money, it's the top place I would choose to live in the city. And the view has always been a favorite. 

when they first were sold they were in the $300s and now they are selling around $1 Million each.   Built in the early 1990s and I have always liked them too. 

• Like 3

Interesting some Dilworth residents are against saving a historical building as it will be moved to a surface parking and they are concerned about  lack of parking for this restaurant?  

why not just off site valet parking for the restaurant 

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/historic-building-dilworth-charlotte-nc-local-preservation-news/275-2f3908a0-5f5c-4db5-bcf4-4559a86cbad3

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Yea, I walked past here this afternoon. There is a nearly unused lot (at night) behind Dilly Place and the backside of the fire station is also under utilized (and could be modified without harming access for trucks or firefighters). The lot behind 300 East has also not been full at night for many years. Plenty of street parking too (I say as a neighborhood resident).

There are about to be 10,000 new spaces (only a small exaggeration) a block away at East/West, would be ridiculous to demo this building for the want of 22 more spaces in the most walkable part of Charlotte.

Seems like any business with a dearth of parking here should be allowed to say "if there is a problem with parking, we promise we will elase 22 space from the inevitable parking garage going onto the hotel/taxi lot property at the opposite corner of Worthington and Cleveland.

Especially when that lot becomes 25+ floors of residential on top of 10 floors of parking and retail.

• Like 3