Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

McDowell street is direct access to 2nd ward and Brooklyn village from here, with the new medschool in between 

Yea, I thought about this too.  TBD with all the construction.  Maybe after all the road work finishes this stretch will be more welcoming (and maybe breathe some semblance of life into Marshall Park (while it is still there).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

You all should take a look at this: https://www.dilworthonline.org/land-use

a ton of rezoning approvals. 720 E. Morehead is a huge one. 450 apartments across from the retirement apartments being built, with 15000 ft of retail.

Also I didn’t realize that the Baxter Street Park will be Redeveloped as part of the Pearl Medical District.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

Today 9:45a.m. - multiple towers - working on 12th floor of the 280 unit, 26-story high-rise Radius Dilworth Overlook - height 345 ft./105 m.

a14.jpg

a1.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a11.jpg

a13.jpg

a10.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Nice pictures. I would much more prefer to have 8 blocks of 5-8 story connected structures that look like the 3rd and 4th photo  than 2 blocks of 20-30 story buildings.  It is starting to look as if that will be in the not-too-distant future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://charlotte.axios.com/334318/atrium-health-carolinas-medical-center-bed-tower-construction/

“Atrium held a ceremonial groundbreaking Wednesday on the site, which formerly was the aging Blythe Road parking deck and Carolinas Rehabilitation facility. It’s between the Rush S. Dickson Tower, currently the primary bed facility, and the David L. Conlan Center, which opened in January.”

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, atlrvr said:

Per the CBJ today, 450 units and 31 stories, from developer Akridge.

Crude rendering as well:  I'm withholding judgement until we see color/materials. (though, I know they don't need neighborhood approval as this is by-right zoning, but they could win some friends, or reduce some enemies, and have faux-facade cladding on the parking deck sides facing the neighorhood as well).

Akridge, Kettler to add 865 apartments in South End - Charlotte Business  Journal

Details from Akridge's approved site-plans for 1427 South Blvd.

image.thumb.png.2f7d80b880cc85930cf365aa04c1d59b.png

• Like 3