Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

4 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Spandrel should really start to fly now, I bet it's topped out in 3 months tops.

Side Note: I took a nice walk around Dilworth today and I cannot help but wonder when Fallon will put a shovel in the ground. That land is sitting their in a pastoral limbo and its in stark contrast to the towers rising nearby. It'll look even sillier when the Akridge's 31 floor building starts rising this fall.

“Fallow” Company

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

doing research for an upcoming walking tour of the Morehead corridor here is a rendering of the completed Radius Dilworth 26 story tower and 8 story midrise with 626 apartments.  next door is the 339 apartment Hanover Dilworth tower 14 stories.

615-east-morehead-2023-1.jpg

The “war on cars” is being waged with valour but spectacularly lost nonetheless.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RANYC said:

The “war on cars” is being waged with valour but spectacularly lost nonetheless.

I dunno, the solders on the front lines at the moment seem to be car makers themselves and insurers. They seem to be reducing demand much more quickly than any urbanist movement ever has.  We are rapidly approaching a point where cars are financially out of reach for most. From today's WSJ:  https://www.wsj.com/personal-finance/car-prices-might-be-unsustainable-for-buyers-18d7b395

Edited by kermit

37 minutes ago, kermit said:

I dunno, the solders on the front lines at the moment seem to be car makers themselves and insurers. They seem to be reducing demand much more quickly than any urbanist movement ever has.  We are rapidly approaching a point where cars are financially out of reach for most. From today's WSJ:  https://www.wsj.com/personal-finance/car-prices-might-be-unsustainable-for-buyers-18d7b395

“Sales stronger than expected.”  Article does contemplate the condition that consumers rebel against high prices but said consumers haven’t fully done that just yet, or at least not in the aggregate.  I guess we should define victory in the “war.”  Is it reducing demand because consumers value and desire alternative forms of getting around, or is it putting cars out of reach for anyone but the rich even as the craving has never abated?

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RANYC said:

“Sales stronger than expected.”  Article does contemplate the condition that consumers rebel against high prices but said consumers haven’t fully done that just yet, or at least not in the aggregate.  I guess we should define victory in the “war.”  Is it reducing demand because consumers value and desire alternative forms of getting around, or is it putting cars out of reach for anyone but the reach even as the craving has never let up?

Yet, we gotta wait and see how permanent these cost increases are. It certainly seems like one promise of electric cars is much lower costs. To my surprise it seems like the new car market is going the same way as housing -- luxury only. 

My definition of victory in this war would be urban and suburban consumers having a viable choice of modes for all daily activities -- I don't think it matters (to me) how we get there.  My war is against the monopoly (and the subsidy), not the technology.

Edited by kermit

38 minutes ago, kermit said:

Yet, we gotta wait and see how permanent these cost increases are. It certainly seems like one promise of electric cars is much lower costs. To my surprise it seems like the new car market is going the same way as housing -- luxury only. 

My definition of victory in this war would be urban and suburban consumers having a viable choice of modes for all daily activities -- I don't think it matters (to me) how we get there.  My war is against the monopoly (and the subsidy), not the technology.

So your goal is for the “state” to have a much bigger share of the market for meeting consumer demand for mobility?

• Like 1