Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

From the Real Estate Section of the Times Dispatch...

Several large projects are on the horizon, including a new corporate headquarters for MeadWestvaco Corp. that will be located next to the Federal Reserve Bank Building. The 10-story building will be in the Foundry Park Project.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Some updates via the city's permit database for 501 S 5th St:

Between 3/15/2007 and 4/13/2007, the following permits were approved:

3/15 - Land Disturbing Permit/501 S. 5Th St. (Meadwestvaco Headquarters)

3/26 - Work in Streets: Construct Temporary Commercial Driveways

3/26 - Work in Streets: Erect Chainlink Fence

4/5 - Work in Streets: Instl 1 - 18" Storm Sewer Connections

4/13 - PENDING - Furnish & Install Temporary Power To The Jobsite

So, it looks like things are beginning to fall into place for construction to begin.

Are the original plans still in place for both the Fed Reserve parking deck and the M/WV midrise? I was hoping that M/WV, especially, may have rethought its rather mundane design.

How is construction going to affect October's National Folk Festival?

Some updates via the city's permit database for 501 S 5th St:

Between 3/15/2007 and 4/13/2007, the following permits were approved:

3/15 - Land Disturbing Permit/501 S. 5Th St. (Meadwestvaco Headquarters)

3/26 - Work in Streets: Construct Temporary Commercial Driveways

3/26 - Work in Streets: Erect Chainlink Fence

4/5 - Work in Streets: Instl 1 - 18" Storm Sewer Connections

4/13 - PENDING - Furnish & Install Temporary Power To The Jobsite

So, it looks like things are beginning to fall into place for construction to begin.

I noticed on a run yesterday that the Federal Reserve has taken over this lot for what looks like a rental car parking lot (although I know it's not rental cars). There must have been 2-3 dozen brand new cars fenced in with a sign stating Federal Reserve...

You might need to click on "See this location in Bird's Eye View":

New Federal Reserve Parking Lot

• 2 weeks later...

Henry said on RCW that May 21st might be the groundbreaking date for the new MeadWestvaco HQ. Perhaps once that takes place we'll create a new thread devoted solely to the new HQ building. Exciting nonetheless. What a nice welcome home present :lol:

I can't wait to see this thing go up it will be cool to see this and Centennial going up. This will be great. Any word yet on the rest of the Foundry Park Development? I though I heard a while back ago there would be more towers than this one? :dontknow:

Yeah, I think there will be about 4 acres left to develop once Meadwestvaco and the parking deck are built. The Ethyl folks envision shops/entertainment, and more than one building housing residential, office, or maybe a hotel. That's long term vision of course and wouldn't occur until after MWV is finished probably.

Archived