Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, in a real fantasy world, I'd like to see Capital One relocate its HQ to Richmond since it already has half its employees here and build a nice big tower.

Also, Burt, referring to Dominion... since they are selling off much of their oil and natural gas exploration etc divisions, they'll have a lot of cash in pocket. They'll be concentrating more on their core business. Rumor has it that they might decide to go into a mode of acquisition, which might bode well for your hopes.

Actually, in a real fantasy world, I'd like to see Capital One relocate its HQ to Richmond since it already has half its employees here and build a nice big tower.

Also, Burt, referring to Dominion... since they are selling off much of their oil and natural gas exploration etc divisions, they'll have a lot of cash in pocket. They'll be concentrating more on their core business. Rumor has it that they might decide to go into a mode of acquisition, which might bode well for your hopes.

Oh how I'd love to see Capital One build a tower downtown.

They have seven buildings at West Creek, three in Innsbrook, I think three or four at Eastshore... Northshore... whatever it is, it's near Twin Hickory... and there is no shore, and one in Chester. The parking deck itself would be 10 stories, just build on top!

• 3 weeks later...

Same here I wish that we could get a huge Signature Tower on that Triangle Piece of Property and I really do like Tommys Idea for it. Its a brilliant Idea he had put together along with the design. But if only we could get that property turned into a 40 for 50 floor Tower that would be one of my favorite things to see going up in Richmond. But of course we would neat a Huge Company to swallow up a good amount of that space and let some medium sized and smaller companies in it as well. Or even a Mixed Use Tower would be nice.

Whoa baby.

Big plans in store for Foundry Park

MeadWestvaco would be one piece of business and residential project

A few highlights...

But MeadWestvaco will have plenty of neighbors if Richmond-based NewMarket Corp., which owns the land, realizes its vision for the Foundry Park development.

"We envision another office building, an upscale business hotel and a residential component," said Bruce Hazelgrove, vice president of corporate resources for NewMarket, a fuel-additives company whose Colonial-style headquarters is next door to Foundry Park. (NewMarket is the parent company of Ethyl Corp.)

Construction will begin next year on the MeadWestvaco building, which the company will lease from NewMarket. The Federal Reserve Bank bought 2.3 acres from NewMarket last year for a parking deck along Byrd Street.

The remaining 3.5 acres at Foundry Park could house another office building, condominiums, and upscale dining and entertainment.

In the heart of the Canal Walk lies Alcoa Inc.'s sprawling complex, which has been identified for redevelopment.

Earl Robbins, Alcoa's manager of North American public strategy, acknowledged the interest but said Alcoa has no plans to sell the property.

"I do know that there is a lot of development that is going on in the area around [the complex], but at this point, we will continue to operate as we have been," he said.

• 1 month later...

From the Real Estate Section of the Times Dispatch...

Several large projects are on the horizon, including a new corporate headquarters for MeadWestvaco Corp. that will be located next to the Federal Reserve Bank Building. The 10-story building will be in the Foundry Park Project.

Archived