Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

The paper's building permits sections mentions the building permit for the Fed Reserve's new parking deck:

Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond; 601 E. Byrd St., [New Construction For A 5-Level, 1,000 Car Parking Garage], $11.2 million.

It was approved on May 2. Hopefully work will begin on it shortly.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The paper's building permits sections mentions the building permit for the Fed Reserve's new parking deck:

Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond; 601 E. Byrd St., [New Construction For A 5-Level, 1,000 Car Parking Garage], $11.2 million.

It was approved on May 2. Hopefully work will begin on it shortly.

Well... yes, it is... but I was talking about behind Tredegar where the rest of the canal bed is. The canal bed that went across the site was marked only by the property lines that you could clearly see. But we've already destroyed the canal downtown.

Well... yes, it is... but I was talking about behind Tredegar where the rest of the canal bed is. The canal bed that went across the site was marked only by the property lines that you could clearly see. But we've already destroyed the canal downtown.

What we saw Tommy is the old canal bed on New Market (Ethyl) property west of 5th Street. Cam, I think, is talking about the area of the new Fed Reserve parking garage which used to be a canal bed descending via locks from below Gambles Hill and continuing east to the big turning basin where the much discussed triangle lot is now.

There is also a low stone escarpment running parallel to Tredegar Street where M/WV will rise. I don't know what its purpose was, but waaaay back in early 1800's, there used to be an entertainment complex down there called Haymarket.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey now hey now :)

I actually thought you'd be glad to know that I DID take some photos today (albeit not great ones and the weather is pretty yucky) though I didn't get one of the work going on for the parking deck, just tower cranes and a couple of the Centennial Demo.

Archived