Foundry Park

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check out this map from the National Folk Festival.... look at how they've blocked out a portion of the Fed parking lot for construction:

NFF_map_volunteer.jpg

It's a much larger amount of space than is needed for the parking deck...

Also, I don't think downtown's chances are so bad for the MWV HQ...aren't they supposed to announce their choice this month?

With the state fair leaving us, maybe we can have a Metro Richmond Fair in the same location and along the Canal Walk.

Coupe thats what I heard they are suppose to announce their final decision this month.

Hasn't it been a month yet? Seems to me like they made the "within the month" announcement more than a month ago. I'm checking the RTD everyday and expecting to see an announcement, but to no avail. I'm wondering what's holding up the progress here? Also, the National Folk Festival is this weekend and there is, to my knowledge, no construction going on at the lot next to the Federal Reserve. Something's just not adding up here....

My "sources" tell me that MWV is a done deal and it is the Reynold's site. I hope they are wrong, but doubt it.

Yeah, my intuition tells me the same thing. In a way, it makes sense for them to do that since they have a close connection with Philip Morris. Additionally, they are building a new hotel over there in the same park, which serves as a huge clue as to MWV's decision in my mind. I'm still holding out hope that they might move downtown. It's very frustrating that downtown has trouble luring big businesses downtown - seems like the burbs always win out! Downtown really must do something more to make downtown locations more attractive. Granted, I think that it has gotten a bit better over the past decade, but new businesses should be flocking downtown to grab a prestigious address and a prominent location by now. I hope things change soon. Until then, we probably will not see anymore towers downtown that will be any taller than 20-25 stories (and gee, we have plenty of those!).

• 2 weeks later...

Was that you with the flash of your camera?!

You can't miss my shiney bald head. I hope the back of my shiney head did not ruin any of your photos? :P

I am especially interested to know more about Mead's decision. My sources have told me that Foundry Park is in close contention... very close.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived