Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just the way construction is these days. It's pretty rare for a large scale project to be completed on time and within a budget.

Yeah everything construction related is having problems. They just mentioned that the widening of Hwy 62 between Farmington and Prairie Grove will take even longer now. But some of it I believe is somewhat related to construction costs going up. But I think it's hard enough keeping a smaller development on schedule let alone a big one like the Renaissance. That's why I have my doubts it will be ready in time.

Yeah everything construction related is having problems. They just mentioned that the widening of Hwy 62 between Farmington and Prairie Grove will take even longer now. But some of it I believe is somewhat related to construction costs going up. But I think it's hard enough keeping a smaller development on schedule let alone a big one like the Renaissance. That's why I have my doubts it will be ready in time.

Construction costs and housing costs go up...so why is my paycheck still down? I think some big inflation has happened but we've curbed it in some areas. We've got some weird, wacky, warped economy that we try at all odds to maintain in this country.

• 2 weeks later...

The views from the top ten floors are going to be incredible.

Agreed. I have a good view where I live (for anonymity, I won't tell you exactly where, but it's a good view), but I would be very happy to be allowed up to the 17th or 18th floor in the Renaissance to see the views from up there.

Thanks for the new rendering Colby. Man I can't wait for this to really get going. I just hope they have some sort of observation area. I guess I hadn't really noticed the area of the development to the left in the rendering. I just noticed it seems like it will blend into One East Center/Bank of America Building rather well. I'm curious how this will look from the north side.

Thanks for the new rendering Colby. Man I can't wait for this to really get going. I just hope they have some sort of observation area. I guess I hadn't really noticed the area of the development to the left in the rendering. I just noticed it seems like it will blend into One East Center/Bank of America Building rather well. I'm curious how this will look from the north side.

Yeah, that is the 7.5 story parking garage if that is what you are referring to. I agree, I can't wait to see the steel rising.

Yeah, that is the 7.5 story parking garage if that is what you are referring to. I agree, I can't wait to see the steel rising.

Yeah, I'm not sure but I think there might be something else over there aside from the parking deck, but that will comprise most of that over there. I hadn't really thought about it before but like I said it seems like it will blend into the One East Center Building judging from that rendering.

• 3 weeks later...

Went by the construction site a little bit ago. Unfortunately I can't say I saw much going on. Granted they didn't say when in February things would start getting along. But I guess I had hoped to see a little bit now that we're getting on to mid February. I took some different shots of the site, I'll post those later.

Went by the construction site a little bit ago. Unfortunately I can't say I saw much going on. Granted they didn't say when in February things would start getting along. But I guess I had hoped to see a little bit now that we're getting on to mid February. I took some different shots of the site, I'll post those later.

The last I heard, they said they planned to start construction in early spring.

The last I heard, they said they planned to start construction in early spring.

This was a little while back now, but in a newspaper article they claimed serious construction would start sometime in February. But maybe they've already backed out of that.

This was a little while back now, but in a newspaper article they claimed serious construction would start sometime in February. But maybe they've already backed out of that.

I read one more recently that said construction would start about the time the trees would start to bloom. Who knows when it will actually start. I will believe it when I see it!

I read one more recently that said construction would start about the time the trees would start to bloom. Who knows when it will actually start. I will believe it when I see it!

Sad, but the way this project has gone so far very true. I can't believe they keep pushing things back and still say they 'plan' on the building being done on schedule. I don't see how they think they can make all this time up when actual work begins. As if they don't expect any problems whatsoever during the construction process.

• 2 months later...

There was an afticle in the Times this morning about why the development has not started yet. They said they hope to know this week when the actual start date will be. I guess they are still trying to get all of the details done with the Marriott company. At least this is some news on the project.

Here is the article from the Times: Ren Tower

There was an afticle in the Times this morning about why the development has not started yet. They said they hope to know this week when the actual start date will be. I guess they are still trying to get all of the details done with the Marriott company. At least this is some news on the project.

Here is the article from the Times: Ren Tower

That makes a lot more sense now.

Marriot is making the developer jump through a lot of hoops for this one, and it looks like Marriot could pull out at any time if all of these things aren't addressed ahead of time.

Its not surprising the developer is waiting to start until all of Marriot's contingencies have been met.

That makes a lot more sense now.

Marriot is making the developer jump through a lot of hoops for this one, and it looks like Marriot could pull out at any time if all of these things aren't addressed ahead of time.

Its not surprising the developer is waiting to start until all of Marriot's contingencies have been met.

I guess it is good they are willing to jump through these hoops to get an upscale hotel chain. I just wish they would get everything finalized and get the project moving. This will be the first Renaissance in Arkansas I believe. The other nearest one is in SE Tulsa.

Yes, it was good to read that it isn't a financing issue. I think originally they had planned on doing the condos atop the BOA after the tower so it's not like their projects in that area have been completely stalled.

The paper edition of the Times had an impressive rendering of the Fayetteville skyline from the south with the tower digitally added. I can't wait to see the real thing!

Yes, it was good to read that it isn't a financing issue. I think originally they had planned on doing the condos atop the BOA after the tower so it's not like their projects in that area have been completely stalled.

The paper edition of the Times had an impressive rendering of the Fayetteville skyline from the south with the tower digitally added. I can't wait to see the real thing!

Yeah, I saw the picture, the building kind of dwarfs the Cosmo hotel and the rest of the skyline from that angle.

KNWA had piece on the tower tonight. I just caught the end of it but it was an interview with John Nock and sounded like he just repeated what was in the Times article. One piece of information I hadn't heard was that the construction crane is costing them $20,000 per month and to take it down and put it back up later would cost "millions".

Archived