Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

I disagree with you there. I do think Fayetteville has more going on than just that. If that was the case Fayetteville wouldn't be ranked so highly all the time and wouldn't be able to attract all the people it does. They are expensive but there's also some big name businesses in the area. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some of them get in on this for some of the execs.

I'm not knocking Fayetteville at all, but those prices are just plain silly. Fayetteville doesn't have nearly as much going on as New York City, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles or even Memphis, yet those prices are as high or even higher than downtown condos in those big cities. It's true that Fayetteville is ranked so highly all the time, but more as a "small town" than anything else. I think those rankings have just gone to some people's heads is all.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not knocking Fayetteville at all, but those prices are just plain silly. Fayetteville doesn't have nearly as much going on as New York City, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles or even Memphis, yet those prices are as high or even higher than downtown condos in those big cities. It's true that Fayetteville is ranked so highly all the time, but more as a "small town" than anything else. I think those rankings have just gone to some people's heads is all.

Those Prices are not that outrageous. 4400 sq. ft on the 18th floor, with views of the mountains like you have never seen before. Not to mention, soon to be the most prestigious building in the entire metro.

I'm just guessing the 1.7 mill price tag would not drive off potential customers.

Oh, and good luck finding a 4400 sq. ft apartment in downtown New York, Dallas, Miami or Los Angeles for anything remotely close to that 1.7 mill price tag.

Don't even compare Memphis to Fayetteville.

Those Prices are not that outrageous. 4400 sq. ft on the 18th floor, with views of the mountains like you have never seen before. Not to mention, soon to be the most prestigious building in the entire metro.

I'm just guessing the 1.7 mill price tag would not drive off potential customers.

Oh, and good luck finding a 4400 sq. ft apartment in downtown New York, Dallas, Miami or Los Angeles for anything remotely close to that 1.7 mill price tag.

4400 SF is a huge condo.

Condos half that size go for the same price in Dallas. 1200 SF apartments go for that in NYC.

The views around the square from 5 or 6 stories up are amazing, I can imagine they are even better from 17-18 stories. I don't think these are overpriced. I do wonder how many high end condos Fayetteville can support... We shall see.

It's kind of hard to compare these condos because there aren't a whole lot of 4400 sq. ft condos out there. A new condo tower in Dallas will have 7500 sq. ft condos going for around $4 million so I guess that would be a good comparison. But that condo tower in Dallas is in the heart of Dallas' Arts District so it's expected to be high. I don't see that kind of value in Fayetteville or anywhere in Arkansas for that matter.

BTW... I didn't compare Fayetteville with any of those big cities. I said "Fayetteville doesn't have nearly as much going on as New York City, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles or even Memphis." A comparison would be: "while Fayetteville is nice for a small city, those big cities have huge, thriving arts districts, massive amounts of shopping, endless fine dining, incredible museums, exciting theme parks and well a whole lot of richer folks than in Fayetteville." :thumbsup:

Yeah but those larger cities also have condos much more expensive than that. I don't think these aren't going to be your average condo. Maybe peop,e won't buy them at that price. But I wouldn't be too surprised to see some big execs come in and buy them. Knowing how restricted Fayetteville will be with building heights how knows if you'll have another building of this height around downtown Fayetteville.

4400 SF is a huge condo.

Condos half that size go for the same price in Dallas. 1200 SF apartments go for that in NYC.

The views around the square from 5 or 6 stories up are amazing, I can imagine they are even better from 17-18 stories. I don't think these are overpriced. I do wonder how many high end condos Fayetteville can support... We shall see.

I agree with you there. I'm still waiting to see if some of the developments disappear because there's just not enough demand for so many condos.

Yeah but those larger cities also have condos much more expensive than that. I think these aren't going to be your average condo. Maybe peop,e won't buy them at that price. But I wouldn't be too surprised to see some big execs come in and buy them. Knowing how restricted Fayetteville will be with building heights how knows if you'll have another building of this height around downtown Fayetteville.

I wouldn't go that far as to say these would be average condos in those big cities. I found a brand new condo tower in Dallas, very similar to Renaissance, with a 7500 sq. ft condo going for around $4 million. It's in the heart of Dallas' Arts District and is supposed to be the premier luxury address in Dallas. The Renaissance is right on par with that one as far as cost. I just have a hard time fathoming anyone paying that kind of money in Fayetteville. I guess it would be attractive to a Wall Street banker on the verge of a nervous breakdown who just needs to find a luxury condo as far away from the big city as he can get.

I wouldn't go that far as to say these would be average condos in those big cities. I found a brand new condo tower in Dallas, very similar to Renaissance, with a 7500 sq. ft condo going for around $4 million. It's in the heart of Dallas' Arts District and is supposed to be the premier luxury address in Dallas. The Renaissance is right on par with that one as far as cost. I just have a hard time fathoming anyone paying that kind of money in Fayetteville. I guess it would be attractive to a Wall Street banker on the verge of a nervous breakdown who just needs to find a luxury condo as far away from the big city as he can get.

Also there are only a limited number of these 1.7 million dollar condos. There are not dozens just sitting on the market. There are going to only be a couple of people who will get the 17-18 floors of this building. I would have to guess that they are already under contract. I checked on them about a year ago for a client and they were currently unavailable. If that is true then the price is not too high.

Oops typo. Actually I meant I didn't think these would be your typical condo. That's why the price was as high as it is. I've wondered if some of the large companies in the area would consider buying one to impress guests and clients. I've also wondered if some of the big execs might 'trade up' for a condo here. I'm pretty sure one of the Tysons ons the top floor of the Three Sisters Development on Dickson. I've wondered if he might consider selling it to buy one here.

Oops typo. Actually I meant I didn't think these would be your typical condo. That's why the price was as high as it is. I've wondered if some of the large companies in the area would consider buying one to impress guests and clients. I've also wondered if some of the big execs might 'trade up' for a condo here. I'm pretty sure one of the Tysons ons the top floor of the Three Sisters Development on Dickson. I've wondered if he might consider selling it to buy one here.

It'll be interesting to see who wins the top floor, which I'm assuming at 4,400 sq. ft will be the entire floor.

I found out some more info on the project. It looks like foundation work will begin in November with steel going up by December. Also, a 283 foot crane will be coming to the site where it will stand for the next 18 to 20 months, depending on the weather. It's going to be pretty impressive with all of the construction cranes in the downtown area. The Lofts at Underwood Plaza will definately have one, along with the Divinity Project, The Dickson, St. Charles Plaza & Condos, Frisco Depot Condos, and possibly one at the Radisson for the remodel. That makes 7 construction cranes!!

I drove by the site a little while ago and there's definately new activity going on: a lot of new heavy equipment and materials are at the site. Plus, they've extended the fence that borders the site into Center St. , which is now only one lane. So it looks like this project is finally coming to realization.

I found out some more info on the project. It looks like foundation work will begin in November with steel going up by December. Also, a 283 foot crane will be coming to the site where it will stand for the next 18 to 20 months, depending on the weather. It's going to be pretty impressive with all of the construction cranes in the downtown area. The Lofts at Underwood Plaza will definately have one, along with the Divinity Project, The Dickson, St. Charles Plaza & Condos, Frisco Depot Condos, and possibly one at the Radisson for the remodel. That makes 7 construction cranes!!

That's if all of those come to fuition. The Frisco Depot hasn't even been approved by the city yet. I certainly hope they all come about. But I suppose it also depends on how well the condos in some of the other developments do as well.

I drove by the site a little while ago and there's definately new activity going on: a lot of new heavy equipment and materials are at the site. Plus, they've extended the fence that borders the site into Center St. , which is now only one lane. So it looks like this project is finally coming to realization.

Cool, nice to see things starting to move. While I'm out taking pics of the foliage this weekend I'll have to stop by there and take a look.

That's if all of those come to fuition. The Frisco Depot hasn't even been approved by the city yet. I certainly hope they all come about. But I suppose it also depends on how well the condos in some of the other developments do as well.

Cool, nice to see things starting to move. While I'm out taking pics of the foliage this weekend I'll have to stop by there and take a look.

Well yes, but can you imagine seeing 7 construction cranes in Downtown Fayetteville?

• 2 weeks later...

I went by the site today. There were Bobcats moving dirt around, so it looks like ground construction has started.

This might help us figure out when real construction starts.

IMG_0494.jpg

Maybe but that sign has been up for a while and I'm not sure if that schedule is very accurate or not. But I suppose it at least will give some estimates on when things should get going.

I believe that ground construction is suppose to last until the end of Novemember, so we may see the crane in December.

You never know they might pick things up and get it in sometime in November. But I think December is probably a better estimate.

Here is more good news finally. The crane is now under construction on the site. So it should be just a matter of days or weeks before the crane is up and moving steel. Also, it looks like there has been more ground work done. :D

I might be over there this weekend, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Archived