Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did this for the developments around Dickson St. Thought maybe I'd also do it for the Square/downtown Fayetteville area as well. I also threw in a lot of the more significant buildings in the area as well.

The Renaissance Tower will also fill the space on the NE corner of that block where the "ky R" is on a white bldg. And the Renaissance will be incorporated into what remains of the bldg that's gray under "Smo". The developers retained the street level arcade and the basement bar. The third bldg that is under the push pin graphic is actually the original 1920s Mountain Inn. It was saved and will also become part of the Renaissance project. I don't think they will be building anything on top of the original Mountain Inn. What was torn down was the 1950s? Mountain Inn and parking deck.

So the Renaissance project will have a larger footprint than the red box displays.

The Renaissance Tower will also fill the space on the NE corner of that block where the "ky R" is on a white bldg. And the Renaissance will be incorporated into what remains of the bldg that's gray under "Smo". The developers retained the street level arcade and the basement bar. The third bldg that is under the push pin graphic is actually the original 1920s Mountain Inn. It was saved and will also become part of the Renaissance project. I don't think they will be building anything on top of the original Mountain Inn. What was torn down was the 1950s? Mountain Inn and parking deck.

So the Renaissance project will have a larger footprint than the red box displays.

Thanks for the info Thia. I had forgotten about the building on the corner there. I had noticed some of it had been torn down. But I didn't realize it was going to incorporate that much of Smoky Row. It makes sense though. It will also be nice to have the old street level saved in that area. I also had no idea that the old Mountain Inn was originally located there as well. Is that possibly the location of the old Orient Hotel? Seems like someone mentioned a long time ago that before there was the Mountain Inn there was one called the Orient Hotel and when the Mountain Inn came along it incorporated it. So it sounds like there could be quite a bit of complex history going on there. I'll just be glad when it's finished. Until it is I just don't see much retail/restaurants being very successful down there. I noticed some retail near that area recently moved. Right now that area rather dead. For that matter I think this could even get more activity going on around the Square itself.

Thanks for the info Thia. I had forgotten about the building on the corner there. I had noticed some of it had been torn down. But I didn't realize it was going to incorporate that much of Smoky Row. It makes sense though. It will also be nice to have the old street level saved in that area. I also had no idea that the old Mountain Inn was originally located there as well. Is that possibly the location of the old Orient Hotel? Seems like someone mentioned a long time ago that before there was the Mountain Inn there was one called the Orient Hotel and when the Mountain Inn came along it incorporated it. So it sounds like there could be quite a bit of complex history going on there. I'll just be glad when it's finished. Until it is I just don't see much retail/restaurants being very successful down there. I noticed some retail near that area recently moved. Right now that area rather dead. For that matter I think this could even get more activity going on around the Square itself.

Yes, there is more history to the Mountain Inn. I've heard it several times but it is complex and don't remember enough of the details to attempt to tell the story. I think you are correct that the Inn was once called the Orient Hotel. And I do remember that the history includes fires and at least three different parts/phases to the Mountain Inn. The funky southeastern corner that we all remember as the Mountain Inn was only part of the history. All that remains is the oldest building.

I really hate to see the occupants of that area exit. I think it will take several more years but I have faith that the owners of the Renaissance/BofA block will refurbish/reuse all of those buildings and the development will then build momentum that will revive the downtown area. It

I really hate to see the occupants of that area exit. I think it will take several more years but I have faith that the owners of the Renaissance/BofA block will refurbish/reuse all of those buildings and the development will then build momentum that will revive the downtown area. It

I hadn't noticed that. :lol: I'm also curious to hear more about what the exterior materials will be. I know we've been a little disappointed in some of the other renderings of other developments in the area. Now to me it looks like a stone exterior. But I also thought that about the Legacy and that wasn't the case. That's one of the things about these renderings I don't like. The newest renderings of the Lofts at Underwood Plaza were pretty good though. You could actually get a realistic look at what the building would look like.

There's some info I saw over on their website that I thought I'd mention over here. The top 5 floors will be condos. They will range in price from $269,000 to $1.7 Mil and be from 806 square feet to over 4,400 square feet in size. I'm trying to think has any other condos been over the $1 Mil mark?

Seems like Coose Hollow is selling some for over 1 Million.

Oh yeah I forgot to check about those. Yeah I bet they will have some in that price range as well.

Matt is correct.

Since they eventually released some newer realistic renderings for their Lofts at Underwood Plaza, I'm hoping at some point they'll do the same for this development as well. Since it is being done by the same group.

It looks like the purchase of the Radisson Hotel by these guys is going through. This is great news. I had worried about an older, more out of style hotel, having problems competing with the new one. But with the same owners that should be less of a concern.

Alexander and Nock said that they will begin construction by early next year. They will be redoing the rooms, lobby, restaurant, as well as the outside of the 15 story building. The Radisson will also be renamed the Cosmopolitan. I would guess that it will be more modern looking as compared to the more traditional 18 story Ren Tower.

Here is the story from the Times: The Cosmopolitan

There's some info I saw over on their website that I thought I'd mention over here. The top 5 floors will be condos. They will range in price from $269,000 to $1.7 Mil and be from 806 square feet to over 4,400 square feet in size. I'm trying to think has any other condos been over the $1 Mil mark?

Nice building, but way overpriced. Fayetteville should have better amenities and attractions before expecting those price ranges to be attractive. I pity the idiot with so much money as to waste it in a luxury condo hotel then having so little to do in town, unless the nut is a big fan of flowers or off-Broadway shows. That's just plain crazy.

It looks like the purchase of the Radisson Hotel by these guys is going through. This is great news. I had worried about an older, more out of style hotel, having problems competing with the new one. But with the same owners that should be less of a concern.

Alexander and Nock said that they will begin construction by early next year. They will be redoing the rooms, lobby, restaurant, as well as the outside of the 15 story building. The Radisson will also be renamed the Cosmopolitan. I would guess that it will be more modern looking as compared to the more traditional 18 story Ren Tower.

About time. At least they'll have an excuse to start charging $600 a night.

Interesting. After it took me so long to stop calling it the Fayetteville Hilton now I have to get used to another name. :lol: With them making such a big effort talking about the look and design of it I would assume they'd also be doing some exterior work also.

Nice building, but way overpriced. Fayetteville should have better amenities and attractions before expecting those price ranges to be attractive. I pity the idiot with so much money as to waste it in a luxury condo hotel then having so little to do in town, unless the nut is a big fan of flowers or off-Broadway shows. That's just plain crazy.

I disagree with you there. I do think Fayetteville has more going on than just that. If that was the case Fayetteville wouldn't be ranked so highly all the time and wouldn't be able to attract all the people it does. They are expensive but there's also some big name businesses in the area. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some of them get in on this for some of the execs.

I'd always just focused on the tower... I hadn't noticed how massive the entire development is. How large are those side buildings supposed to be?

I think the one on the left is a parking garage that's suppose to be 6-7 floors and the other side buidings on the right are 4-5 floors.

Yeah part of it will be the parking structure. But I've heard talk of a restaurant and gym and other amenities. I think there's a good chance some of these will also be put in the part of the development not in the tower. But that's just speculation. The only thing I do know for certain is the parking deck.

Archived