Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

I have heard that too. I believe that there will be some sort of observation area on top of the building on the 19th floor or something. I hope that is true, but if I were a resident I don't think that I would want people coming up to my area of the building everyday.

It won't be like Sears Tower or anything. An observation deck might attract 20 people a day at the most. The top floor will probably also be a restaurant or a bar so it won't be noticable.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that too. I believe that there will be some sort of observation area on top of the building on the 19th floor or something. I hope that is true, but if I were a resident I don't think that I would want people coming up to my area of the building everyday.

I thought I had heard something like that. But yeah I can see people living in the condos up there wanting their little area to remain 'exclusive'. But hopefully there will be something, I'd really like to see some sort of observation point in Fayetteville. Mt Sequoyah is nice but the trees hide a lot of the view.

It won't be like Sears Tower or anything. An observation deck might attract 20 people a day at the most. The top floor will probably also be a restaurant or a bar so it won't be noticable.

True, I know there's going to be a restaurant but I had gotten the impression it would be closer to the ground floor. But I'm not sure how much of this early info is still very accurate. Things may have changed when they redesigned it and added two floors.

I drove by over the weekend. Looks like maybe some dirt has been moved around but I couldn't tell much else has been done so far so I didn't get out to take any pics.

I went by it as well this weekend. The majestic size of the crane is still making pedestrians drop their jaws. :D

I went by it as well this weekend. The majestic size of the crane is still making pedestrians drop their jaws. :D

I think the photos and story of the crane operator in NWA Times during the past couple of weeks were great!! Good PR.

Was it Mith? :lol:

I'll post an updated picture of The Cosmpolitian today to see if anything has changed.

Have they actually got the new name on it now? Or do they still have the Radisson sign covered up w/ a blue tarp. I will swing by there in a few minutes if I can and see.

Have they actually got the new name on it now? Or do they still have the Radisson sign covered up w/ a blue tarp. I will swing by there in a few minutes if I can and see.

Well, it actually looks like the blue tarp blew off one side. I have a picture of it from today, I'll try and post it within the next few hours.

Well, it actually looks like the blue tarp blew off one side. I have a picture of it from today, I'll try and post it within the next few hours.

Yep, I drove near there a little while ago, nothing has changed since they put the tarp up. Should be sometime next year before noticable work begins.

Yeah the wind keeps blowing the tarp off the logo. Looks like I was around in some of the areas you were yesterday. But I didn't have time to take pics though. Did you stick around long enough to see the Lights of the Ozarks when it got dark?

No I had things to tend to at home. I probably won't be able to go to the Lights of the Ozarks. Do you know how late they stay on?

B/C I may be able to go on a Friday after say midnight. :D

You know I've wondered that myself. I've even wondered if they may even leave them on all night. But I can't say I really know. If I ever have a little extra time in the morning I should drive by early in the morning and see if they're on.

You know I've wondered that myself. I've even wondered if they may even leave them on all night. But I can't say I really know. If I ever have a little extra time in the morning I should drive by early in the morning and see if they're on.

I left Tiny Tim's Pizza last Saturday after 11pm and the lights were still on and there were still dozens of people walking around the square.

Also I do know that in past years the lights were left on after midnight/1am on Christmas eve/morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Well unfortunately there still hasn't been a whole lot of work being done at the site. Although it's hard to tell apparently some things are being done. Sounds like they've been reinforcing the older buildings on the north side that will be incorporated into the development. John Nock mentioned that was one of the reasons why things were slow and it didn't have anything to do with the issue of TIFs being discussed in the Arkansas Supreme Court. Nock also said he needed to secure a crane and that they are at times hard to come by so sometimes you have to get it in advance before you really need one. Plans for the foundation should really get going in February. The project was originally projected to cost around $22 MIl but is now up into the $40 Mil area. Nock also said that though things are behind that they still could catch up. But if things aren't up to speed by Sept 1st then he will be seeking damages from the developers. Sounds like they're still trying to hit their date of Sept to open. Seems like a lot to get done by then. But it sounds like we should start seeing more going on over at the site soon.

^I know what ya mean. The College Station here in Springfield was supposed to already be open, however they just broke ground and completion is set for Feb. 2008. You never know when these large scale developments will get off the ground...until they actually get off the ground. LOL I just hope they get this done before my friend at the University graduates becase I would really like to stay in it.

^I know what ya mean. The College Station here in Springfield was supposed to already be open, however they just broke ground and completion is set for Feb. 2008. You never know when these large scale developments will get off the ground...until they actually get off the ground. LOL I just hope they get this done before my friend at the University graduates becase I would really like to stay in it.

Yeah the thing that really seemed to set this back was when they finally aligned themselves with the Renaissance Hotel and they realized they needed more room and had to add two more floors. Then they had to go back to the city to get approval. That and apparently they had to totally redesign the interior because of it too. John Nock also bought the nearby Radisson and is remodeling it as well. Sounds like the same group will do the interiors of both hotels at the same time. Although there's still a chance to get this project back up to speed I have my doubts it will happen. Developments, and especially larger ones like this, just don't tend to be completed on schedule. I think it's more a question of how far behind schedule they'll be.

Archived