Renaissance Tower Development in Fayetteville

Mith242

They had some nice camera's. I suspect the one that took a pic of me was a reporter, but I guess I wasn't important enough to make it to front page. :(

I thought they were still doing renovations, just on the north side.

Yeah I didn't see you in any of the papers. Oh well at least they took a pic of you and considered it. :D

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've added on to the crane by the way since Matt's pics earlier this week. I'll show what it looks like a little later but thought I'd show the construction site from some other angles. I tried to pick some different views so I wouldn't repeat any of Matt's pics from earlier this week. Part of the crane is visible in only the last pic.

renaissancetower01ey6.jpg

renaissancetower02mf3.jpg

renaissancetower03tq6.jpg

renaissancetower04wy8.jpg

It's true that you can see the crane from the Fulbright Expressway. Last night, I was on the Fulbright and saw it just barely. I still can't believe how enormous that crane is. It's going to be here for what, 18-20 months?

I'd imagine so, I don't think they'll be able to remove it in quite a while. Building a tower that tall in that tight of a space is going to really require it's use for a while.

There are going to be quite a few cranes around town over the next year or so. I guess 3 or 4 downtown, then on the north side of town there is one at WRMC. Bellafont will have one, I noticed one working on the Marriott hotel, and one across the expressway adding onto a building there by Chili's.

There are going to be quite a few cranes around town over the next year or so. I guess 3 or 4 downtown, then on the north side of town there is one at WRMC. Bellafont will have one, I noticed one working on the Marriott hotel, and one across the expressway adding onto a building there by Chili's.

I don't guess I noticed the one at the future Marriott. I did see some work being done on Millsap on the one building but didn't see a crane there yet earlier in the week.

renaissancetowercrane02ds0.jpg

Cafe Sante Fe is still around? Is that the street from the square near Hoffbrau? Wow, I thought it closed long time ago... guess it's been a while since I've been there.

BTW, nice pics. That's definitely a big crane. It will be fun to watch it progress.

Let's see. The Lofts at Underwood Plaza will have one along with the obvious Renaissance Tower. Along with the Dickson, Frisco Depot Condos, the Walton Arts Center/Dickson Street Parking Garage, and the Divinity Development. This makes the potential for 6 large cranes at one time in Downtown Fayetteville!!!!!!!

Cafe Sante Fe is still around? Is that the street from the square near Hoffbrau? Wow, I thought it closed long time ago... guess it's been a while since I've been there.

BTW, nice pics. That's definitely a big crane. It will be fun to watch it progress.

No, it did close a long time ago. No one else has ever taken that spot. Shows you how hot that area has been. Don't foresee anything else moving in till most of the Renaissance construction is over with. But I think this will eventually be a hot spot after the Renaissance is completed.

No, it did close a long time ago. No one else has ever taken that spot. Shows you how hot that area has been. Don't foresee anything else moving in till most of the Renaissance construction is over with. But I think this will eventually be a hot spot after the Renaissance is completed.

I agree. Once the Renaissance is completed, Smokey Row will become the next Dickson, IMO.

I agree. Once the Renaissance is completed, Smokey Row will become the next Dickson, IMO.

One advantage it might have is more retail instead of all restaurants/bars. The only bad thing is for the few places down in that area right now is the wait till the Renaissance is completed. All the construction and road closures in the area certainly isn't helping. It's a bit weird to walk around near that area and see everything closed and empty.

I like how the crane is visible from the Interstate near the 6th street intersection. The Renaissance will give the big city feel that will be visible from the Interstate.

I guess I hadn't noticed it over there yet. Of course it's not always easy to take your eyes off the road.

I can see the crane from my house in Tontitown, I walked out this morning and I was like, dayumm, its pretty freakin tall.

I forget what the highway name is, but turning on the highway toward Vaughn, XNA and Highfill right next to the "Yellow house" in far west Centerton you can see some interesting things developing on the horizon...the new Mercy Medical center/Pinnacle is all lit up, as are the new fairgrounds in Vaughn (those are more visible from the east rather than from the north) as well as other things.

It's going to be interesting to see how visible the Fayetteville, Pinnacle and Coose Hollow developments end up being.

I forget what the highway name is, but turning on the highway toward Vaughn, XNA and Highfill right next to the "Yellow house" in far west Centerton you can see some interesting things developing on the horizon...the new Mercy Medical center/Pinnacle is all lit up, as are the new fairgrounds in Vaughn (those are more visible from the east rather than from the north) as well as other things.

Arkansas 12?

The Westin in Rogers will be visible from as far away as Bethel Heights. I can't wait for it to be done.

I can see the crane from my house in Tontitown, I walked out this morning and I was like, dayumm, its pretty freakin tall.

Driving back into Fayetteville today, I noticed you could see the crane from 540 near the 412 exit in S-dale. And it was standing well above the surrounding mountains. I would guess that you will be able to see the top of the Ren Tower from that area in about 12 months or so.

Did anyone see the Northwest Arkansas Times today? There's a pic on the cover from the crane. It mainly focuses on the guy on the ladder going up or down it but you can see what kind of views you'd have from up at that height. Now if I could just find a way to get up there to take some pics. :lol:

Did anyone see the Northwest Arkansas Times today? There's a pic on the cover from the crane. It mainly focuses on the guy on the ladder going up or down it but you can see what kind of views you'd have from up at that height. Now if I could just find a way to get up there to take some pics. :lol:

I am not afraid of heights but there is no way that I would want to go up there especially on a windy day. A great place for some of your pics, Rod. :D

I am not afraid of heights but there is no way that I would want to go up there especially on a windy day. A great place for some of your pics, Rod. :D

:lol: I admit it would be a bit daunting, but I bet I'd do it just to have a shot of getting pics from that vantage point. I guess I'd be happy if there would be some sort of observation area in the Renaissance. Seems like something was mentioned but maybe that was just speculation. I would imagine most of the prime upper floors will be reserved just for the condos.

:lol: I admit it would be a bit daunting, but I bet I'd do it just to have a shot of getting pics from that vantage point. I guess I'd be happy if there would be some sort of observation area in the Renaissance. Seems like something was mentioned but maybe that was just speculation. I would imagine most of the prime upper floors will be reserved just for the condos.

I have heard that too. I believe that there will be some sort of observation area on top of the building on the 19th floor or something. I hope that is true, but if I were a resident I don't think that I would want people coming up to my area of the building everyday.

Archived