Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did restaurant week. we went to gracies last friday. the food was awesome. last night we went to flemings and also had an awesome dinner. flemings, however, had a really crappy beer selection. the waiter was funny. "we have bud and bud light, miller and miller lite, coors and coors lite, amstel light, heineken and heineken light, sam adams and sam seasonal, and guinness." nothing is on tap. boo. the steak was awesome though, as was the wine i had.

i did restaurant week. we went to gracies last friday. the food was awesome. last night we went to flemings and also had an awesome dinner. flemings, however, had a really crappy beer selection. the waiter was funny. "we have bud and bud light, miller and miller lite, coors and coors lite, amstel light, heineken and heineken light, sam adams and sam seasonal, and guinness." nothing is on tap. boo. the steak was awesome though, as was the wine i had.

Has anyone been to the Troup House yet? I didn't know about it until I peroused the list of places participating in restaurant weeks. I'm curious about it, as the food at L'Eppicureo (same owners) was always good. It's also in a beautiful Victorian and it's a close walk from where I live. My parents always take their friends from Ireland, who spend summers in the states, to a nice dinner in Providence - they always try for something new, and it's got to be high dollar - the guy is not gonna be found venturing into Olneyville for food. Only problem with Troup, is I don't have a first hand account of the place to give my parents. I assume that the food can't be too far off from L'Eppicureo....

On another note, I went to Pot Au Feu Bistro for restaurant week on Monday (when a lot of the other places were closed). It was packed, and my friends and I had a great meal. I wrote a little about it on Providence Palate....

Random quisine note; went to Rivers Edge? in Smithfield? Harmony? (dirty martini-ed at the time, facts are blurry) on some non descript lake/pond/puddle.. It was shockingly good.. Good grill pizzas, outdoor seating by torchiere, and like 6 HDTV LCDs indoor.. And they had a jack of all trades live act, who while was strictly cover material, but still entertaining... I was entertained, much like the colesium was during Maximus Decimus Meridius's bloodshed..

Has anyone been to the Troup House yet? I didn't know about it until I peroused the list of places participating in restaurant weeks. I'm curious about it, as the food at L'Eppicureo (same owners) was always good. It's also in a beautiful Victorian and it's a close walk from where I live. My parents always take their friends from Ireland, who spend summers in the states, to a nice dinner in Providence - they always try for something new, and it's got to be high dollar - the guy is not gonna be found venturing into Olneyville for food. Only problem with Troup, is I don't have a first hand account of the place to give my parents. I assume that the food can't be too far off from L'Eppicureo....

On another note, I went to Pot Au Feu Bistro for restaurant week on Monday (when a lot of the other places were closed). It was packed, and my friends and I had a great meal. I wrote a little about it on Providence Palate....

went to Ruth's Chris for restaurant week - bargain of the year, as you get a 44 buck steak as part of a 29 dollar 3 course meal. It was quite delicious, and the outdoor seating is nice. I wouldn't spend my own dough on it regularly, but if you can hit a special, its really quite amazing.

went to Ruth's Chris for restaurant week - bargain of the year, as you get a 44 buck steak as part of a 29 dollar 3 course meal. It was quite delicious, and the outdoor seating is nice. I wouldn't spend my own dough on it regularly, but if you can hit a special, its really quite amazing.

I went to Tazza again this AM and had a much better experience than last time. Service was prompt and the brunch was great unlike last time. They still are a little weird about some things though, like giving you warm water with no ice.

I also had a great meal at Twist on Angell last night, the outrageous nachos are awesome.

Archived